Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 10:34 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,747,700 times

Advertisements

I know three old white republicans who dumped their stocks and bought gold in 2009. I dumped cash and bought stocks at fire-sale prices. I KNOW the market is artificially inflated. And my portfolio has inflated right along with it. While their hoarde of gold has dwindled in value.

But I'll be wishing for gold when the FedGovZombieApocalypse hits!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 11:58 PM

29,919 posts, read 18,754,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Tall Traveler, You should have invested in the stock market, so your kids could inherit those gains. It would not have cost much given how low the DJ was on 1/20/2009.
I have benefitted greatly from the stock market expansion. But the policies ' the black guy' as another poster called him (well he's actually half white) has killed the black middle class, greatly expanded the poor and underclass (especially among blacks), greatly expanded income inequality at the fastest rate ever. For me, the policies have been a financial windfall but for most people, it's been disastrous.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:15 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,737,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Where are all of the liberals at today who were all over the threads when the market was going up?

Todays statistics
out of the 7,000 stocks that I watch
71% of them are down
13% of them are even
16% up

All of you liberals who proclaimed that Obama was a genius, who claimed that Obama was to credit when the market went up, all of you who claimed the economy was better.. What happened?

I mean if your going to give Obama credit, then is he not responsible for the fall?

Lol, the market Obama wants credit for is the result of quatntitative easing's artificially low interest rates. As long as TINA (There Is No Alternative) is in effect, it will continue.

That was Obama's intent. He surreptitiously bailed out the banks by saving them millions in depositors' interest, thus picking the pockets of the middle class (especially seniors). Again. And most Americans are too dumb, stoned, or distracted by sports and Hollyweird to see what's going on.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:16 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,643,319 times
Reading the first couple of pages of this thread proved to be quite amusing.

Lots of angry Republicans foaming at the mouth.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:30 AM

6,533 posts, read 6,681,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol, the market Obama wants credit for is the result of quatntitative easing's artificially low interest rates. As long as TINA (There Is No Alternative) is in effect, it will continue.

That was Obama's intent. He surreptitiously bailed out the banks by saving them millions in depositors' interest, thus picking the pockets of the middle class (especially seniors). Again. And most Americans are too dumb, stoned, or distracted by sports and Hollyweird to see what's going on.
This is over the heads of the leftists here.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:17 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,506,581 times
One can see that the obaggers haven't the least little clue about market forces. Thank God they were all so prescient to invest when the market was down and make small fortunes. Perhaps now, they can pay Mom and Dad the back rent they owe.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:30 AM

7,433 posts, read 5,695,166 times
Can ONE liberal give me 3 fundamentals that justify the market we are seeing today. I set immediate notification so I'll make sure I look for a reply. Here is a sight you can use to reference what a basic fundamental is Market Fundamentals. Once you list your three fundamentals write a short explanation of why you believe each one is driving the market. Only one limitation. You can't list fundamentals created artificially. Those are ones that were not created through normal market conditions.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:16 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,254,125 times
By and large, the stockholders are not the group Obama and Company are trying to help. Yes, private industry is doing well but large segments of the working class are not.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:03 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,416,531 times
Default Hopefully, you're not a stockbroker or financial advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Where are all of the liberals at today who were all over the threads when the market was going up?

Todays statistics
out of the 7,000 stocks that I watch
71% of them are down
13% of them are even
16% up

All of you liberals who proclaimed that Obama was a genius, who claimed that Obama was to credit when the market went up, all of you who claimed the economy was better.. What happened?
Obviously, you're a poor investor.

Quote:
I mean if your going to give Obama credit, then is he not responsible for the fall?
The free market points to a faulty portfolio. But feel free to blame the president for your stock picks.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:27 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,747,700 times
The stock market has been on a tear for more than 5 years. And I know several fools who cashed out at the bottom and have sat the whole thing out just because they hate Obama so much.

It ain't often in this world that people get exactly what they deserve... but it does happen now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies