Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:17 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
maybe he will and maybe he wont, either way i think that both should be booted out and have minnesota hold a special election to get rid of both of those idiots.
Both Booted? You don't believe in democracy? Are you unpatriotic? At last count Franken was ahead by 312 votes... The three panal judge stated that Franken had won. Coleman has the right to appeal but the last I read is that his latest appeal that to the Minnesota Supreme Court will be his last and all probability the Supreme Court will declare Franken the winner like it or not. Pawlenty will then have no choice but to certify and therefore Franken wll be seated. I look for this to happen within 4 weeks or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 12:01 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I am a "wingnut" who is neither religious nor republican. that's not very logical.
I agree - why do you choose to be that way?

Quote:
you have never seen a minority in idaho. they don't exist. it's just a sea white people and potatoes.
So which is it? You claimed 0.6% black. Now you claim there are none. Confused much?

Quote:
so you can continue to stand on your all white soapbox and scream at those "ignorant racist rednecks" in mississippi.
I'll scream at "ignorant racist rednecks" whenever I want. You included. Where I live has no bearing.

Seriously - what is your problem?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:44 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Quote:
you do realize that 0.6% of the population in idaho falls is black right? yet you feel the need to label yourself an expert on race relations.

I don't sound pathetic at all. franken doesn't bother me, he entertains me. wasington is a joke, and the joke isn't partisan.
Are you in freaking 5th grade on recess?
Why would you assume that because Idahogie lives in Idaho Falls that he does not have any knowledge about race relations? Maybe he has a few friends of color and/or he's done some homework and/or has lived in other places with more diversity before. All you need is one or two friends to hang with and that may enlighten you.
This post got me fired up since it's mindless right wing crap that I see on here way too much.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:48 PM

Does not Idaho have a large influx of Farm Laborers...?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:12 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Does not Idaho have a large influx of Farm Laborers...?
We do indeed. Unfortunately, they stay well hidden because of insane conservative policies regarding immigration. They essentially live in squatter's camps with no protections or oversight. The huge agri-giant corporations who profit from the situation make sure that they stay undiscovered.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
We do indeed. Unfortunately, they stay well hidden because of insane conservative policies regarding immigration. They essentially live in squatter's camps with no protections or oversight. The huge agri-giant corporations who profit from the situation make sure that they stay undiscovered.
It truly is sad that these corporate ag giants use these poor folks for their bottom line. I can imagine the type of living conditions these farm laborers live in, probably squalor? Kind of like Walmart supporting sweat shops overseas, same thing...

Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
what a proud moment this must be for liberals.

The GOP apparently is bereft of pride at this point.

More than five months after losing the election, they continue to stall.

In 2000, Bush was certified about six weeks after that disputed election, in which he lost the popular vote, but was seated by a 5-4 supreme court decision.

I wonder why the Democrats didn't stall that one for 5+ months with appeals and legal wrangling. Yet it's Republicans who often gripe about "lawyers getting in the way"...

Stick a fork in him. Coleman's done.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:50 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
you are correct. I am an ignorant racist redneck. although I grew up in metro washington DC, I somehow am a redneck. your the one that lives in the state of the klan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I agree - why do you choose to be that way?

So which is it? You claimed 0.6% black. Now you claim there are none. Confused much?

I'll scream at "ignorant racist rednecks" whenever I want. You included. Where I live has no bearing.

Seriously - what is your problem?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
no, it got you fired up because you are a puppet whose strings are easily pulled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Are you in freaking 5th grade on recess?
Why would you assume that because Idahogie lives in Idaho Falls that he does not have any knowledge about race relations? Maybe he has a few friends of color and/or he's done some homework and/or has lived in other places with more diversity before. All you need is one or two friends to hang with and that may enlighten you.
This post got me fired up since it's mindless right wing crap that I see on here way too much.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:54 PM

why are you using republican examples? I am a borderline anarchist. I hate the republicans, but right now, they aren't in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The GOP apparently is bereft of pride at this point.

More than five months after losing the election, they continue to stall.

In 2000, Bush was certified about six weeks after that disputed election, in which he lost the popular vote, but was seated by a 5-4 supreme court decision.

I wonder why the Democrats didn't stall that one for 5+ months with appeals and legal wrangling. Yet it's Republicans who often gripe about "lawyers getting in the way"...

Stick a fork in him. Coleman's done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies