Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I find what you said here to be every bit as good as msconnie did. What is going on? Are you getting ready to retire? I have been there for 14 years.
No I'm not near retirement...but I have read up on it because one of the biggest right wing legends is that SS going "bankrupt". They are always trying to smear it because it conflicts with their ideology that says government is bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 11:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Gee now wait a minute the leftists have been telling me all my life that social security was not a tax but a benefit since I was too incompetent to save for my retirement.

Well I guess not. How much more of my paycheck do the leeches want? I already pay fed, state and 15% SE which covers SS and medicare, not to mention all the other nickel and diming they do to me.
Nobody told you SS was not a tax....

Is there a winger on these boards that can put two sentences together without resorting to B.S???

Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Is there a winger on these boards that can put two sentences together without resorting to B.S???
And here I thought there was hope for ya!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:54 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

I just want to know when enough is enough. How much of my own paycheck am I entitled to?

Old 04-21-2009, 06:30 AM

358 posts, read 472,320 times
Quote:
I just want to know when enough is enough. How much of my own paycheck am I entitled to?

Quit your crying, work harder, make more money, the more tax you pay the more you keep for yourself. While we are at it let's put fica tax on unearned income. No more SS problem.Unearned income should be included in a new flat tax program, every dollar that moves is flat taxed at the same rate, just as SS should be.

Now let us all hear you privilidged Americans whine and moan, all you wingers whine and moan together...ready? 1 anna 2 anna 3.....Lawerence Welk cadience.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:14 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
You're entitled to all of it. But you also choose to live in the US, and accept plenty of services for doing so. You want to drive on paved roads for free? You want to have the security of the best national defense? You want safe food and clean drinking water? Perhaps it's time you either go Galt or shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies