Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 12:57 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I know you hate gays, but let me explain it to you anyway.

You don't have to be sexually aroused by someone in order to judge their beauty or lack thereof. Straight men can recognize good looks in another man. It doesn't mean he's sexually aroused by him. Straight women do the same with other women. They do it all the time, in fact.
Hate is a word I don't use. I don't hate gays. I simply don't believe anyone deserves any special "rights" based on how they have sex.

A heterosexual person male or female - can judge their same sex - women can be very contrary when it comes to paying compliments to other women who are younger than they are or more beautiful, just as there are men who will not acknowledge another man's physical traits as being any better than their own.

Being heterosexual and paying a compliment or judging another person doesn't have anything to do with being sexually attracted to them. A gay man knows nothing of feminine beauty - they emulate everything they see from females - gay standards of beauty are not heterosexual standards of beauty, open a fashion magazine and you will see evidence of that. Gay men who run the fashion industry seem to prefer butchering the natural female standard of beauty into something that resembles a pubescent boy with narrow hips and no breasts and androgynous features as a female standard of beauty.

This is why I question a gay male judging any female especially when they judge women on a different standard, one which is more on par with a masculine type of attractiveness.

There would also be no reason for a lesbian woman to judge a male pageant if there was something on par with a female beauty pageant.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
I know you hate gays, but let me explain it to you anyway.

You don't have to be sexually aroused by someone in order to judge their beauty or lack thereof. Straight men can recognize good looks in another man. It doesn't mean he's sexually aroused by him. Straight women do the same with other women. They do it all the time, in fact.

Yep! Personally, I think the female form is much more aesthetically pleasing than the male form, and I'm a heterosexual female in a relationship with a man. If I see an attractive woman I will look and usually comment. My boyfriend will say the same thing about another man. I guess we're comfortable enough with our sexuality and each other to do this and not be embarassed...

Old 04-24-2009, 01:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
A gay man knows nothing of feminine beauty
You're just completely, completely wrong. Your ignorance is astounding.

Using your logic, hetero females should not be allowed to judge beauty pageants either.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep! Personally, I think the female form is much more aesthetically pleasing than the male form, and I'm a heterosexual female in a relationship with a man. If I see an attractive woman I will look and usually comment. My boyfriend will say the same thing about another man. I guess we're comfortable enough with our sexuality and each other to do this and not be embarassed...
Absolutely. It's interesting how some people (LuckyGem) believe that their closed-minded view of the world is the way that everyone sees the world, or that it at least should be the way everyone sees it. They have a very narrow view of what's acceptable. I could never live with so many restrictions on how I see the world. How boring that would be.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:20 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
BTW - there is a "right to contract" - but a "marriage contract" is to legally join two people's property rights for the benefit of progeny.
Since homosexuals do not routinely gene splice and produce progeny, a "marriage contract" is a nullity.
But if / when they do, by all means, they should contract a marriage to endow their progeny.

Remember, an illegitimate child can always inherit from his mother, but only a legitimate child inherits from his father.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:19 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
You're just completely, completely wrong. Your ignorance is astounding.

Using your logic, hetero females should not be allowed to judge beauty pageants either.
A gay man has no interest in a female's beauty.

Why would a gay man judge a female beauty pageant, or a lesbian woman judge the equivalent (if there was one) for a male.

Totally ludicrous.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:

Why would a gay man judge a female beauty pageant, or a lesbian woman judge the equivalent (if there was one) for a male.

Totally ludicrous.
Many gay men have an interest in female beauty. I love looking at beautiful women, but I don't get sexually aroused by them.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:43 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
I am the one pretending words don't mean anything? Wow. This from someone who thinks child molestation is just sex.
Nice accusation. My words to that effect are found where? Please quote.

Quote:
Here's exactly what you said, "They [gays] have created an epidemic when it comes to AIDS. When it crushed their populace they fought for and continue to fight for a cure but refuse to be safe in their sexual practices."

Now here are the real facts.
Real facts? What were false about my facts?

Quote:
You're saying gays account for 71% of AIDS cases
Actually, the Center for Disease Control said that. Well some of that. What they actually said was male to male sex was the result of 71% of new male adult/adolescent AIDS cases in the US. But that was clear before. Perhaps you should have actually read what I quoted instead of making up something new.

Quote:
but that's clearly not accurate whatsoever.
You're right, but I never said that but don't let that stop you from misconrtuing my words or CDC studies so you can make your politically-driven point.

Quote:
You're only including the U.S. here so the stats are overblown.
I'm citing US states because we live in the US and our discussion has been about the US, duh?

I don't care if gays are marrying in Canada or Europe or Asia or ...

Quote:
There are currently 2,000,000 known cases of AIDS in North America (Worldwide AIDS & HIV Statistics Including Deaths - see the chart at the bottom of the page). With 33,000,000 cases reported worldwide that means that North America (not just the U.S.) accounts for less than one percent of the total cases. What percentage of this 33,000,000 are gay? Nobody knows so your argument is baseless.

AIDS is not a gay issue, it's a human issue.
You're so cute when you're illogical. Based on your silly logic we can just completely ignore AIDS in America because it's such a non-issue. We'll be able to ignore it until it turns into an epidemic.

And while worldwide AIDS may or may not be a gay disease, it's abundantly obvious to anyone without your political agenda that it's a definite gay male issue in the United States.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:46 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:

Totally ludicrous.
LuckyGem, please do not resort to making things up or assuming things on a subject that you quite obviously know nothing about. My best friend is gay, I have hung out w/him & his gay friends many times & also been around gay men in various venues. I assure you, gay men appreciate beauty, whether it's female or male. I know because I've had gay men point out beautiful women to me & on occasion I've even been the subject of their commentary. Not to toot my own horn of course, LOL!

Old 04-24-2009, 04:50 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Believe it, ELO brings up NAMBLA. What a joke. These posters on here, their brains simply have the inability to differentiate between pedophiles & normal homosexuals/heterosexuals. Perhaps a lobotomy may do the trick for them? I don't know, it's a pretty sad state of affairs when clueless people link homosexuality to preying on young children & other criminal actions. Talk about small-minded. I suspect they may have learned these intolerant views from their parents.
What a nice, tolerant, and ad hominem-lacking post.

It never ceases to amaze me to what extent people like you will misconstrue or misrepresent people's words to make a political point all the while making no intelligent debate but then pretending to be educated, tolerant, and honestly engaged in debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies