Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:44 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Oh but the horrors of air wolf hunting in Alaska!!! They actually shoot these pretty little wolves who are simply prancing in flowery meadows singing songs. The wolves up there are far different than these meanies in Oregon...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 12:52 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Ever see the damage a pack of feral dogs can do?
What do you think the pics are of???

Also this might help,unless you know more than Fish and Wildlife....

Quote:
Michelle Dennehy with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife said experts with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service have confirmed the lambs were killed by wolfs. A remote camera captured this scene of the wolves.
To add,it is now 23 lambs killed by the wolves....

Old 04-21-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
The evidence, including the photograph above, was reviewed by wolf experts in several states, said Phil Carroll, spokesman for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
"The bite marks, the pattern of how the animals were attacked, the way they were bitten, the power of the bite, the distance between the bite marks, tracks, scat, tracks going off into the woods -- there was nothing else to indicate it was anything other than wild wolves," Carroll said. "Everybody, all of our experts, and experts in several states where they've had lots of wolves for some time, say the critters in the picture are wolves."
Wolves kill 23 lambs on Oregon ranch | KPIC CBS 4 - News, Weather and Sports - Roseburg, OR - Roseburg, Oregon | Local & Regional News

Amazing how the 'experts' here know more than anyone else....

Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

Jheeeezz!

And my mom told me to finish everything on my plate because the wolves in Oregon were starving!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:04 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times
I wish they would bring the wolves down to Washington DC. We've got too many deer in the park.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I wish they would bring the wolves down to Washington DC. We've got too many deer in the park.
I do too....it would help thin out the humans there too....

Old 06-16-2010, 09:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I have to wonder why anyone would leave a herd of sheep alone in a place where wolves or feral dogs were running. This sounds like a good place for a sniper team consisting of a well trained dog and a human with a night vision scoped rifle.

Now if you think wolves are pests ask anyone about the feral hog population in the rural South. Even wolves would leave these critters alone.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have to wonder why anyone would leave a herd of sheep alone in a place where wolves or feral dogs were running. This sounds like a good place for a sniper team consisting of a well trained dog and a human with a night vision scoped rifle.
I believe it is illegal to kill the wolves...unless authorised by the gov.

Quote:
Now if you think wolves are pests ask anyone about the feral hog population in the rural South. Even wolves would leave these critters alone.
Difference is hogs can be killed all year and as many as you want to kill...To add,still more need to be killed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies