Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,185 times

Advertisements

Oh, for Pete's sake!

Don the tinfoil hats! here they come!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 08:13 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Power thirsty tyrants do such things frequently. Hitler's was the Reichstag, Stalin's were, well, too many to list, and sometimes tyrants just allow attacks to happen that could be prevented to get the same effect; Bush's was 9/11, FDR's was Pearl Harbor, then don't forget with Vietnam the reason for going to war didn't actually happen...

And the people saying this is a stupid conspiracy theory should study Operation Northwoods, and Rex 84. This stuff is publicly available.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:15 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Default Educate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
Don't say it could never happen, it already has!

As crazy as this sounds if you look at what the administration is doing and planning on attempting to do, you have to ask yourself, Why?

Why treat the economy in a manner that causes more problems rather than fewer? Why take over the auto industry and the banking industry? Why work on being able to take full control of the Internet? Why work on a policy that shuts off political opposition radio shows? Why stand behind reports that target your political adversaries as potential terrorists? Why work to weaken or abridge the 1st and 2nd Amendments of the Constitution?

Former presidential candidate Alan Keyes has given perhaps his most dire warning yet, saying that the Obama administration is preparing to stage terror attacks, declare martial law and cancel the 2012 elections, which is why they are demonizing their political enemies as criminals and terrorists
Alan Keyes: Government Will Stage Terror, Declare Martial Law
I had to ask myself, can the President of the United States (no matter who he is) do that which is said in this post.

Excuse me as I may be wrong as I have been known to be wrong about allot of things, BUT...

Isn't the United States of America, governed by, The House of Representatives, State Senates and Congress? And if there is any funny business going on, it is to those three government entities one should be looking at?

I always thought and yes there I go thinking again (ouch that hurts) that the President of the United States was a figure head. Also, for the President to enact anything he would have to talk to the reps, the senators and congress, and talk them into conspiring with him.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they regulate the Presidency not the other way around?

I know the President has final veto power, but in order for him to have something to veto on, the paper work has to be compiled from somewhere else?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I had to ask myself, can the President of the United States (no matter who he is) do that which is said in this post.

Excuse me as I may be wrong as I have been known to be wrong about allot of things, BUT...

Isn't the United States of America, governed by, The House of Representatives, State Senates and Congress? And if there is any funny business going on, it is to those three government entities one should be looking at?

I always thought and yes there I go thinking again (ouch that hurts) that the President of the United States was a figure head. Also, for the President to enact anything he would have to talk to the reps, the senators and congress, and talk them into conspiring with him.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they regulate the Presidency not the other way around?

I know the President has final veto power, but in order for him to have something to veto on, the paper work has to be compiled from somewhere else?
FDR was alone responsible for rounding up Japenese, Italians, and Germans during WWII and putting them in concentration camps or even deporting them into war torn areas.

Lincoln rounded up people who disagreed with him (for instance, newspaper editors, average people who dared write something critical of him, etc.) and imprisoned or even executed them. He suspended habeas corpus himself.

Neither president had any authority or right to do what they did but they did anyways. In Lincoln's case, he attempted to have the SCOTUS Chief Justice arrested when he declared the actions unconstitutional. In FDR's case, he had already packed the courts and had a majority on his side in Congress who wouldn't oppose him.

And of course, there's COINTELPRO and several presidents did things using that, they had no right to do...

Just because something is not supposed to happen, doesn't mean it won't...

Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:

As crazy as this sounds if you look at what the administration is doing and planning on attempting to do, you have to ask yourself, Why?

Why treat the economy in a manner that causes more problems rather than fewer? Why take over the auto industry and the banking industry? Why work on being able to take full control of the Internet? Why work on a policy that shuts off political opposition radio shows? Why stand behind reports that target your political adversaries as potential terrorists? Why work to weaken or abridge the 1st and 2nd Amendments of the Constitution?

Former presidential candidate Alan Keyes has given perhaps his most dire warning yet, saying that the Obama administration is preparing to stage terror attacks, declare martial law and cancel the 2012 elections, which is why they are demonizing their political enemies as criminals and terrorists
Here we go again.

FDR, JFK, Reagan, Bush, just to name a few, and now it's Nobama.

You all are really going to have to excuse my great lack of enthusiasm with regard to this type of fear mongering.

Sure, I can't stand the man, Nobama, because his policies were plucked directly from fantasyland. Nobama could be Democrat all day long and I'd like him just fine. But any president, congress or government that comes along and spends our money as fast and loose as this, really needs to have their heads examined. And furthermore, folks that come along behind, and stir the pot of discontent with wild allegations (alan keyes) needs to have their head examined too.

Conservatives that run around claiming that the sky is falling with regard to matters such as the Presidency, are no better off than those rediculously uninformed nobamabots are about how things truly work in this country.

So what if all of this is true? Well, I'd have to say that it's about time, as anyone that study's these things already knows that the next step beyond democracy is tyranny.

What is worrying about this going to do ... Can we all say ... "Nothing?"

Tyranny's day will come for these great United States. Maybe it'll be here tomorrow, maybe it'll be here in 200 years.

In the words of our very own Shirley Q Liquor ... "We get there, when we get there".

Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Power thirsty tyrants do such things frequently. Hitler's was the Reichstag, Stalin's were, well, too many to list, and sometimes tyrants just allow attacks to happen that could be prevented to get the same effect; Bush's was 9/11, FDR's was Pearl Harbor, then don't forget with Vietnam the reason for going to war didn't actually happen...

And the people saying this is a stupid conspiracy theory should study Operation Northwoods, and Rex 84. This stuff is publicly available.
The Gulf of Tonkin incident.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:05 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Default who's responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
FDR was alone responsible for rounding up Japenese, Italians, and Germans during WWII and putting them in concentration camps or even deporting them into war torn areas.

Lincoln rounded up people who disagreed with him (for instance, newspaper editors, average people who dared write something critical of him, etc.) and imprisoned or even executed them. He suspended habeas corpus himself.

Neither president had any authority or right to do what they did but they did anyways. In Lincoln's case, he attempted to have the SCOTUS Chief Justice arrested when he declared the actions unconstitutional. In FDR's case, he had already packed the courts and had a majority on his side in Congress who wouldn't oppose him.

And of course, there's COINTELPRO and several presidents did things using that, they had no right to do...

Just because something is not supposed to happen, doesn't mean it won't...
You said what I was looking for some one to say...."a majority on his side in Congress who wouldn't oppose him."

So it seems to me the finger pointing should start there! When there is a break down in the system it doesn't start at the top, it's bottoms up.

The attention is always given to the President when in all reality bottoms up.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:

Alan Keyes! - bashing Obama is his bread and butter now. He makes his living firing up credulous Volk and then - or throughout actually - asking for a donation. You remember televangelists... same thing.

Alan Keyes is LOYAL TO LIBERTY

Old 04-22-2009, 03:16 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Oh, for Pete's sake!

Don the tinfoil hats! here they come!

After the military budget cuts we can only afford 3 of those helicopters.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:

You and Dick Cheney - the guys who never got anything right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies