Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:57 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
We have an IRS man who doesn't pay his taxes or understand the tax code and now a law enforcement officer who doesn't know the law. Seems par for the course for the Obama administration.

After 8 years of a leader who didn't lead that all seems pretty trivial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 01:58 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Odd that she does not know that... but I agree with her stance of going after the employers... if we choke off the reason illegal immigrants come here, it will stop illegal immigration... plus, there are much less employers to go after than illegal immigrants. I think this is the way to go. Don't you?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:49 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Um, this is NewsMax. The section of the code refered to covers the case in which an alien is apprehended in the act of entering or attempting to enter the US at a time or place other than those designated by immigration officers. This is not at all the class of people that Bozo-Joe Arpaio is refering to in his rant.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:50 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
After 8 years of a leader who didn't lead that all seems pretty trivial
Yeah, yeah, I know....Bush did it. Seems I've heard that a lot around here.

Now, do you actually have anything to say about OBAMA appointing nit wits and incompetents to his cabinet?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:57 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
^ Why bring a photo of Michelle Obama into this discussion?

Old 04-22-2009, 03:00 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
This is the same person who renamed acts of terrorism, manmade disasters.

This will be the worst most dangerous administration this nation has ever seen.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Yeah, yeah, I know....Bush did it. Seems I've heard that a lot around here.

Now, do you actually have anything to say about OBAMA appointing nit wits and incompetents to his cabinet?
Yes, I'm ag'in' it!

Old 04-22-2009, 03:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Um, this is NewsMax. The section of the code refered to covers the case in which an alien is apprehended in the act of entering or attempting to enter the US at a time or place other than those designated by immigration officers. This is not at all the class of people that Bozo-Joe Arpaio is refering to in his rant.
Seems to me that enforcing immigration laws is part of homeland security. We are in a crisis and can not afford to support 20 million people who made a choice to ignore our laws. We do have a right to set standards for who we allow entry. The least of which should be that they respect our laws enough to obey them.
Like every other nation on earth we have an immigration system. The would be applicant need not agree with it. They simply need to follow and obey our rules.
How anyone can justify, excuse, or facilitate such behavior is a mystery to me. Yes the employers own a large share of blame. But no one owns more than the individule who knowingly decided to break the laws to begin with.
To name but a few laws illegals break in their quest for a better life:
Tax fraud
ID theft
Theft of social services
And of course illegal entry into our country.
Are people of this mentality really the immigrants we want or need?
I myself would prefer folks who respect our laws enough to obey them. Folks who respect our country enough to follow the system and enter legally.
When you boil it all down Illegals are nothing more than your garden variety of criminal. Same excuses and the same mentality.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Perhaps one of the many self appointed legal scholars on this board could find the federal statute that makes living in this country without permission a crime.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:12 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post

Try again....

Quote:
(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts Any alien who
(1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or
(2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or
(3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.
THIS part of the statute covers apprehension at the point of entry....the above would cover IF the illegal alien is already here.

Quote:
(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or
(2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.
US CODE: Title 8,1325. Improper entry by alien

Last edited by NCyank; 04-22-2009 at 03:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies