Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Smarter people than you have already settled the question. Your opinion doesn't mean squat.

Again - we have convicted people of the crime of torture for waterboarding.

I'll believe you when you call for the exhoneration of those Japanese soldiers. In the meantime, I don't believe you in the least.

We have done it to our own troops. Was that torture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Talking to you!
Wow, what a piece of work you are. Pro-torture AND insulting. C'mon, 'fess up. You're Dicky Boy, right?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Wow, what a piece of work you are. Pro-torture AND insulting.

He knows I am kidding and I am pro harsh interrogation. Torture is wrong.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
The people out there who are comdemnding 'torture' to extract information (only if it's the US conducting the interrogation) seem to be forgetting a small detail. Who is it we are 'torturing"? Answer....low crawling vermin with absolutly no compunction against filming slow beheadings, disembowelments, eviserations, burning alive, impalements and the list goes on, and putting the footage on the internet to show us what they do to our captured people. "People' who use children as 'smart bombs', who treat women as a step above a goat and believe a man should be able to kill them for giggles. They only understand things that HURT! These are NOT Americans and they don't THINK like Americans. If you wish to defeat your enemy, you must BE your enemy, THINK and ACT as he does and thereby understand his mind. I have no problem with warfare being 'uncivilized'. It is war after all, and 'being nice' to an enemy such as we are fighting here, will only earn their contempt and deepen their hatred. Sorry all you 'humanitarians' out there.......if we go by your rules we WILL lose...and lose big. The terrorists already are sneering at our methods, and they are laughing uproariously at this notion of us second guessing ourselves as to 'brutal questioning'.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Wow, what a piece of work you are. Pro-torture AND insulting. C'mon, 'fess up. You're Dicky Boy, right?
Nah, I am sure he is enjoying a fine single malt scotch and cigar. My wife won't let me smoke in the house. Now we are talking torture.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:54 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The people out there who are comdemnding 'torture' to extract information (only if it's the US conducting the interrogation) seem to be forgetting a small detail. Who is it we are 'torturing"? Answer....low crawling vermin with absolutly no compunction against filming slow beheadings, disembowelments, eviserations, burning alive, impalements and the list goes on, and putting the footage on the internet to show us what they do to our captured people. "People' who use children as 'smart bombs', who treat women as a step above a goat and believe a man should be able to kill them for giggles. They only understand things that HURT! These are NOT Americans and they don't THINK like Americans. If you wish to defeat your enemy, you must BE your enemy, THINK and ACT as he does and thereby understand his mind. I have no problem with warfare being 'uncivilized'. It is war after all, and 'being nice' to an enemy such as we are fighting here, will only earn their contempt and deepen their hatred. Sorry all you 'humanitarians' out there.......if we go by your rules we WILL lose...and lose big. The terrorists already are sneering at our methods, and they are laughing uproariously at this notion of us second guessing ourselves as to 'brutal questioning'.
OMG: Do you have ANY idea how paranoid and bizarre you sound.

TORTURE DOESN'T WORK. In addition to which: What makes America different and worth defending is that we should NEVER ABANDON OUR MORALITY in order to achieve a political end. EVER. We had a President who decided to break both U.S. and international law and exercise torture--in order to extract FALSE information to shore up his lie that there was a connection between Saddam Hussein and 9/11. The upshot? NO information at all from the tortured. Under Bush, we simply descended--as a nation-- to the same level of every other dictator-directed banana republic in the world. This isn't about being "nice." That's inane. This is about keeping intact the integrity of who we are as a people.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:58 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Talking to you!
Good stay stay in Hoboken as I consider visiting Jersey torture..

Old 04-22-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Good stay stay in Hoboken as I consider visiting Jersey torture..
Not working tonight?

Old 04-22-2009, 10:04 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Not working tonight?
You think dealing with you isn't work??

Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
We have done it to our own troops. Was that torture?
No.

That was about the stupidest question I've ever had put to me here at CD.

Here's an equivalently idiotic question: We shoot at them, too. Is that attempted murder?

Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies