Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 10:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwos View Post
Republicans only pay lip service to pro-life. When it comes to actually raising unwanted kids, they don't want to, they'd rather kids starve or have miserable lives. The black crack baby ain't getting adopted.
It isn't the republicans responsibility to adopt other folks babies. People need to take responsibility for the children they bring into the world. Instead of blaming the republicans for the "black crack babies," you should be blaming the crack-addicted mother for being irresponsible. Why should a black crack addicted baby or any baby be killed to correct the mistakes of the mother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Wrong. In our two party system there are only two viable choices for prez. The best and the worst. Anyone who votes for the best choice is completely blameless for anything that prez does that isn't supported, as that voter could not possibly have voted better. Anyone who votes for the worst choice is completely responsible for everything that prez does, as there was a better choice available. That is 100% logical. By never voting Republican, I could be a saint. Whereas everyone who voted for Bush is definitely a murderer.
Did you vote for Clinton? Then you are responsible for Kosovo, Bosnia, etc.... That would make you as much of a murderer as you are claiming republicans to be.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:05 PM

960 posts, read 1,162,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
People need to take responsibility for the children they bring into the world. Instead of blaming the republicans for the "black crack babies," you should be blaming the crack-addicted mother for being irresponsible. Why should a black crack addicted baby or any baby be killed to correct the mistakes of the mother?
The parents are a separate issue. You can put them in prison, but you can't force them to raise the kid responsibly. Republicans don't support paying a dime to raise the unadoptable kids, so those kids are going to starve to death. I support making abortion illegal when society puts up the money to raise all the unadoptable kids to adulthood. Republicans are hypocrites about the abortion issue, whereas I am not.

Quote:
Did you vote for Clinton? Then you are responsible for Kosovo, Bosnia, etc.... That would make you as much of a murderer as you are claiming republicans to be.
Nope. There was no better choice than Clinton; even not voting was a worse choice. So I am completely blameless for anything he did that I didn't support.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:

Nope. There was no better choice than Clinton; even not voting was a worse choice. So I am completely blameless for anything he did that I didn't support.
Are you saying that you voted for Clinton because no better options were available or that you forgone voting. Sorry but your comment puzzled me ... If you did in fact vote for Clinton, then by your own logic, you are responsible for the murder of those killed in the Bosnia/Kosovo conflict. If you did not vote for Clinton, then have you ever voted for someone who declared war?

Old 04-26-2009, 11:16 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
The parents are a separate issue. You can put them in prison, but you can't force them to raise the kid responsibly. Republicans don't support paying a dime to raise the unadoptable kids, so those kids are going to starve to death. I support making abortion illegal when society puts up the money to raise all the unadoptable kids to adulthood. Republicans are hypocrites about the abortion issue, whereas I am not.

Wow, LMAO, just when I hought that humanity had reached the limits of it's stupidity, some clown comes along and makes me second guess that thought yet again. This type of dogma could be well put to use in some 'reducation' camp, or better yet as a form of torture. Lol, cooped up 24-7 with this would make me scream for mercy. As it stands I can just go to bed....whewww.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that you voted for Clinton because no better options were available or that you forgone voting. Sorry but your comment puzzled me ... If you did in fact vote for Clinton, then by your own logic, you are responsible for the murder of those killed in the Bosnia/Kosovo conflict. If you did not vote for Clinton, then have you ever voted for someone who declared war?
Suppose there are 3 choices for prez on the ballot:

1. A Republican, who will start a war to make the rich richer, or otherwise cause untold misery as Republicans always do.
2. A Democrat, who will kill dozens to look strong on defense.
3. A third-party candidate.

I can vote for any of those candidates, or not vote at all. If I don't want to be a murderer, what should I do?

If I don't vote, I don't cancel out a vote for #1, so I give #1 a greater chance of winning.

If I vote for #3, #1 has a greater chance of winning, because #3 has virtually no chance of winning, so I essentially didn't vote.

If I vote for #2, #1 has less chance of winning.

Therefore my best choice is #2. This maximizes the odds that the minimum number of people will be murdered. It also completely absolves me of responsibility for any murders (or any other bad stuff I don't support) that my chosen prez does. Everyone who wishes to be a saint must vote for #2. Any other choice including not voting means a greater chance that more people will be murdered.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow, LMAO, just when I hought that humanity had reached the limits of it's stupidity, some clown comes along and makes me second guess that thought yet again. This type of dogma could be well put to use in some 'reducation' camp, or better yet as a form of torture. Lol, cooped up 24-7 with this would make me scream for mercy. As it stands I can just go to bed....whewww.
It's no surprise that a Republican doesn't grasp logic.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Suppose there are 3 choices for prez on the ballot:

1. A Republican, who will start a war to make the rich richer, or otherwise cause untold misery as Republicans always do.
2. A Democrat, who will kill dozens to look strong on defense.
3. A third-party candidate.

I can vote for any of those candidates, or not vote at all. If I don't want to be a murderer, what should I do?

If I don't vote, I don't cancel out a vote for #1, so I give #1 a greater chance of winning.

If I vote for #3, #1 has a greater chance of winning, because #3 has virtually no chance of winning, so I essentially didn't vote.

If I vote for #2, #1 has less chance of winning.

Therefore my best choice is #2. This maximizes the odds that the minimum number of people will be murdered. It also completely absolves me of responsibility for any murders (or any other bad stuff I don't support) that my chosen prez does. Everyone who wishes to be a saint must vote for #2. Any other choice including not voting means a greater chance that more people will be murdered.
You just called anyone who votes republican murderers because we were responsible for the actions of the republican president yet you just admitted that you voted for someone who initiated the Bosnia/Kosovo war but yet you claim you are not responsible for what your chosen president does? LOL! Your logic totally astounds me.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
It's no surprise that a Republican doesn't grasp logic.
Honey, your response confirming that you voted for Clinton is totally illogical. Sounds like you could use an intro to logic course yourself.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
You just called anyone who votes republican murderers because we were responsible for the actions of the republican president yet you just admitted that you voted for someone who initiated the Bosnia/Kosovo war but yet you claim you are not responsible for what your chosen president does? LOL! Your logic totally astounds me.
Because you are illogical. You don't grasp the simple concept that no better choice was available than the choice I made. When murders are unavoidable the best choice, the choice of saints, is to minimize them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies