Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:45 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,961,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Same thing was said about homosexuality. Good luck. You'll be able to marry sheep in 10 years.
A Sheep or Goldfish can't consent so i don't see the connection. Besides, who is going to want to marry a sheep - ludacris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,301,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
A more appropriate title for this thread would have been:

And now Christians support polygamy because it is biblical...

Still a complete overgeneralization, though....
In Canada, a polygamist have taken to court the law limiting the number of wives an individual can have, the justification for the lawsuit, if gays are allowed then so should polygamy..

Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,496,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Same thing was said about homosexuality. Good luck. You'll be able to marry sheep in 10 years.
Yeah people who have sex with animals (Bestiality) will want to be able to marry them.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,671,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Yeah people who have sex with animals (Bestiality) will want to be able to marry them.
I recall a story about a guy getting caught having sex with a picnic table --- unless said picnic table is able to give consent that just ain't going to happen.
And if you can find a picnic table, a sheep, a pepsi bottle or any and all sundry of potential mastabatory items that is actual congnizent and able to give verbal and written consent that it/the flock want to marry some perv douche then we all have a much bigger problem on our hands

Old 04-23-2009, 08:09 PM

654 posts, read 468,164 times
5 wives = 5 "Honey to do lists"

Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:33 PM

38,703 posts, read 22,501,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
A Sheep or Goldfish can't consent so i don't see the connection. Besides, who is going to want to marry a sheep - ludacris
to quote many pro-gay marriage proponents, who would it hurt if a person gained government endorsement for marrying his goat, who does it hurt??

Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
to quote many pro-gay marriage proponents, who would it hurt if a person gained government endorsement for marrying his goat, who does it hurt??
Are you really going to go down the road of endorsement of marriage between a goat and man? If so you may be the only person who is pro-goat marriage.....again ludacris.....

Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Do you really think that, or are you just being plain silly and know that is not a probablity. I will infer the latter.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
In Canada, a polygamist have taken to court the law limiting the number of wives an individual can have, the justification for the lawsuit, if gays are allowed then so should polygamy..
I don't see the connection between having multiple partners as the same as having one partner. His justification doesn't make sense to me.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:38 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,065,258 times
Quote:
Except that animals cannot give consent. Same with children. Marrying animals and children will never be legalized.

That being said, again, I have no problems with polygamy or polyandry. I know a few couples with open relationships, who have more than one lover. They work out just fine, as long as everyone consents to the relationship. It doesn't always work out like the cults. Or would you like to ban a whole lifestyle because of a few bad seeds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies