Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 03:18 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,835,773 times

Advertisements

that is the most ridiculous statement that has ever been made in the history of the internet. first off, it's world class race baiting. second, there are plenty of programs that help minorities. thirdly, what gave you the impression that just because people dislike government, they hate blacks? get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Sounds like the Army "money for college" program - minus the guns. I guess some people hate it because it might help a black kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 03:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,619,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
There are just certain types of places from all sides that cannot be used for this bill (see below):
I can agree with all of those restrictions......but just how many non partisan, non religious, non lobbying organizations are there?

Look, I have kids who will no doubt be of an age to be a part of this. I have no problems with it, as it is not requiring them to work for a specific political/religous ideology.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,212,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
that is the most ridiculous statement that has ever been made in the history of the internet. first off, it's world class race baiting. second, there are plenty of programs that help minorities. thirdly, what gave you the impression that just because people dislike government, they hate blacks? get real.
You can't take the race card from the left because it is the most important card in their deck. On second thought, go ahead and tell them about how well they play that card.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:25 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,636,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I can agree with all of those restrictions......but just how many non partisan, non religious, non lobbying organizations are there?

Look, I have kids who will no doubt be of an age to be a part of this. I have no problems with it, as it is not requiring them to work for a specific political/religous ideology.
I think it's fair. Can't volunteer for an abortion clinic, but can't also volunteer for a place that requires religious services. In high school (13 years ago!), we had to do this to graduate. Most kids did a Midnight Run to help the homeless, did Habitat for Humanity, or volunteered at the local hospital or nursing home.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

The most impressionable minds around are those of the teen years. Now put that fact to work with your statement about political/religious ideology and see what you find.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:30 PM

How to Win Any Argument On the Internet

Quote:
4) AT SOME POINT IN TIME, CLAIM THE OTHER PERSON IS A NAZI. Every, and I repeat EVERY Internet argument should involve at least one comparison to either Hitler or the Nazis. This is one of the most basic requirements of an average Internet debate, and although ignorant outsiders may find it silly to compare a person arguing on the Internet with an individual responsible for the execution of millions, this action represents one of the most traditional pillars of every online debate. The earliest recorded instance of the infamous "Nazi clause" can be traced to Greg "suprsk8r" Henderson, who used Q-Link in July of 1986 to call Alex "Dr_Millions" Wilson "the Adolf Hitler of preseason NCAA fantasy league basketball" over People Connection.

FLAME: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no i dont think taht GI Joe could beat the Transformers in a battle cuz Optomus prime would like totally kill the **** out of duke and waht do u know about anything anyway u reteard

INCORRECT RESPONSE: Dear Internet cur, I'll have you know that your churlish actions and replies reek of an insolent ignoramus! Why, upon reading your cretinous claim, I let out a mighty scoff and nearly choked upon my brandy!
CORRECT RESPONSE: F U HITLER!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I think it's fair. Can't volunteer for an abortion clinic, but can't also volunteer for a place that requires religious services. In high school (13 years ago!), we had to do this to graduate. Most kids did a Midnight Run to help the homeless, did Habitat for Humanity, or volunteered at the local hospital or nursing home.
What about the definition of mandatory and volunteer do you fail to understand.?

Old 04-23-2009, 03:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
This sounds like fascism to me.
Could you quote the section or sections that sound like fascism to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What about the definition of mandatory and volunteer do you fail to understand.?
Where in this bill does it state is it "mandatory"?

527 posts, read 1,279,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
If so, then you clearly have NO IDEA what fascism is.

Ken
Oh, I know. I have done my research, unlike you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies