Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 AM

134 posts, read 317,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
By the way.

If the Taliban gets too close to the "button" India will be on them like flies on dog crap. The U.S. will be there five minutes later.
True statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 11:11 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Pres. Obama should prosecute the *&$*#$^ out of that clown Cheney and his puppet Bush...Why not? They signed off on torture & broke the law....No one is above the law, right?! For those suggesting that the POTUS should leave this matter in the past, let me remind you all of the vitriol used against former Pres. Clinton during their unsuccessful attempt to impeach him. The GOP were relentless pit bulls intent on retribution and revenge. I say Obama show no mercy and investigate the crimes committed by him and his henchmen and punish em to the fullest extent of the law.....

Do you also support the next administration going after Obama for gross negligence if all the spending and extra bailouts don't help the economy? Or is it only when it's a republican?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:15 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times
I think the Democrats blew their opportunity for any justice years ago when they were too cowardly to impeach Bush... he should have been impeached in 2004 for getting us into war based on false pretenses.

Launching investigations now will do nothing to punish Bush and Cheney - I am quite sure they are immune from prosecution...

It may snag a few Justice Department minions who exceeded their authority... and Military officers, CIA officials and operatives who were only doing what they were ordered to in order to defend our country.

However, the worse result will be an absolutely chilling effect on the CIA - they will be looking over their shoulder and lawyering-up, and refusing to take risky actions to protect us for fear of personal prosecution down the road. That will definitely decrease national security - and the terrorists will have won again.

I detest Bush and Cheney - for all the damage they have done to this country - but it is too late to touch them... so why bother - especially if it will only hurt those who have the dirty task of protecting us - the military and CIA???

I don't give a damn about whether Islamic Terrorists were waterboarded - I don't regard it as 'torture' - it is surely much less severe than what they do to our troops - and I think that the CIA and military should be given considerable lattitude on this one...

I think Leahey and a few others are engaging in political posturing and grandstanding for political reasons..

And if they go after Bush and Cheney - they should go after Pelosi, Reed and a host of others too... on both sides of the isles - who knew what was going on...

Guess you're shocked by my turnabout on this one...

I do NOT support Bush - I think he should have been impeached for getting us mired down in Iraq - but the horses left the stable 6 years ago - and it is too late to prosecute those who burned the barn down..

And, oh yes, I have children - who the Islamic Terrorists are passionately devoted to killing - I NEVER lose perspective on that... and for me - this feel-good prosecution does nothing but give them a better chance of pulling it off.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:54 PM

500 posts, read 702,959 times
Quote:
Pres. Obama should prosecute the *&$*#$^ out of that clown Cheney and his puppet Bush...Why not? They signed off on torture & broke the law....No one is above the law, right?! For those suggesting that the POTUS should leave this matter in the past, let me remind you all of the vitriol used against former Pres. Clinton during their unsuccessful attempt to impeach him. The GOP were relentless pit bulls intent on retribution and revenge. I say Obama show no mercy and investigate the crimes committed by him and his henchmen and punish em to the fullest extent of the law.....
I'm cool with that. As long as everybody involved are also prosecuted, which includes the Dems.

Come to think of it, why stop with the last admin, let's expose all the admins during war times and start prosecuting them. WW2 would be a good start.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:18 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,596 times
Default he suffereth from delusions of self-grandeur...

Quote:
Bush couldn't smoke Bin Laden out of this cave dwelling but Pres. Obama will surely be able to smoke out Bush, Cheney and others....Let the prosecution(s) begin

...and he moved across the face of the waters...he looked and saw all of his administration, and he said, "this is good." ...and he rode on smoke (because he blew most of it) and created great smokescreens (to occupy his liberal subjects) that they might not see his great blunders. and he looked on the face of the earth, and he saw that man (the bush administration) actually protected the U.S. after 9/11, and this sorrowed obama. so obama did bend, bow, and sway to all who would be the enemy, because he was obama, the delusional. he isn't that big that all of america will sit down and let uncessary prosecutions take place...a good many of us know the politics behind the "man!"

Old 04-29-2009, 11:16 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
I would sacrifice the comfort of captured terrorists for myself, my loved ones, and all American citizens to be safe.
And that is all that has been sacrificed!
succinct, accurate, and to the point. a wonderful, well-thought-out post.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:19 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
This is nothing more than the left wing loons pay back for impeaching Clinton, having him disbarred and having him leave the presidency in disgrace. They will never get over it.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:39 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Clinton was impeached but did not resign.

Clinton was impeached which is the equivalent of a Grand Jury indictment. Clinton was tried by the Senate and was acquitted. The Senate Republicans couldn't get a majority vote let alone the 67 votes needed for a conviction and removal from office. In our system Clinton is an innocent man who did not commmit a high crime or misdomeaner.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:31 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Clinton was impeached but did not resign.
Impeachment is simply the act of temporarily removing the President from office so that he can be tried.

Clinton was tried and acquitted, which means "innocent".

There was never any reason for him to resign. Nixon resigned because he knew he was guilty.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Impeachment is simply the act of temporarily removing the President from office so that he can be tried.

Clinton was tried and acquitted, which means "innocent".

There was never any reason for him to resign. Nixon resigned because he knew he was guilty.
I dont need Clinton to be found guilty to see with my own eyes his admission to the facts along with his apologizes admitting guilt.

Now that the Senate has fulfilled its constitutional responsibility bringing this process to a conclusion, I want to say again to the American people how profoundly sorry I am for what I said and did to trigger these events and the great burden they have imposed on the Congress and on the American people.

In addition, his not guilty finding did not mean he was not guilty, it means that the crime he was charged with did not rise to the level of impeachment. Dont twist the results to mean "innocent"..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies