Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MSNBC's newest host Ed Schultz isn't afraid to lob fastballs at Dick Cheney, especially now that the former veeps's new-found career appears to be attacking the Obama administration.
Schultz took it to another level on Tuesday night when he looked straight into the camera and declared that Dick Cheney is "mean" enough to wish a new attack on the US for "political gain." [MOD CUT/copyright violation]
[/indent]Ed Schultz: "Cheney Wants This Country To Get Hit Again For Political Gain" (VIDEO)

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-23-2009 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
It seems that many righties are wishing for this..I saw a thread that stated that are gonna get hit and its Obamas fault. I guess it would be the first time that they can say that there is no change, since the worst attack on our soil since pearl harbor came under Bush.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
It seems that many righties are wishing for this..I saw a thread that stated that are gonna get hit and its Obamas fault. I guess it would be the first time that they can say that there is no change, since the worst attack on our soil since pearl harbor came under Bush.
Cheney oozes evil from every pore of his pasty white body and what is equally repulsive, is that some people lap it up. Seriously, you just have to look at his face to see the lack a soul. His energy is other wordly. Yuk and heebie-jeebies.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Well, I think the little creep still might have the connections to pull one off.

But then, what if we had a war and Haliburton wasn't allowed to bid or receive federal contract awards?

I wish Obama would show THIS COUNTRY a little good faith by canceling all of Haliburton's contracts. He IS the Commander in Chief.

Termination for Convenience?

Or, Termination for Default?

I'll go with default and then have the sumabitch debarred from any further Government contracts.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:03 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Well, I think the little creep still might have the connections to pull one off.

But then, what if we had a war and Haliburton wasn't allowed to bid or receive federal contract awards?

I wish Obama would show THIS COUNTRY a little good faith by canceling all of Haliburton's contracts. He IS the Commander in Chief.

Termination for Convenience?

Or, Termination for Default?

I'll go with default and then have the sumabitch debarred from any further Government contracts.
These crimes are not abstract nor can they be ignored as belonging to a distant past. Millions of people have suffered and continue to suffer because of the criminal invasion of Iraq.

The vital resources of the country have been drained in a criminal enterprise benefiting war profiteers. The people know of and are outraged by the billions of dollars in profit made by Dick Cheney's Halliburton and that is only the tip of the iceberg.

The pressure is building. President Obama said at his press conference this week, "My view is also that nobody's above the law, and if there are clear instances of wrongdoing, that people should be prosecuted just like any ordinary citizen," when asked about the pursuit of Bush Administration officials for criminal wrongdoing.

In a new poll, an astounding 2/3 of the American public favors investigating whether the Bush Administration broke the law. "A majority of respondents said a probe should be launched into allegations that the Bush team used torture...[and] investigators also should look into the former President's program of wiretapping U.S. citizens without first securing court-issued warrants."

The above is an excerpt from Impeachbushnow.org

Old 04-23-2009, 09:08 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
This world doesn't make sense. We attempt to make sense of the world by establishing a foundation of beliefs and holding on to them. But those beliefs are undermined at the get go by virtually everything we encounter. Millions of people are more comfortable adhering to factually unsupportable beliefs because it's just too darn hard for them to redefine "reality" one more time. Shocking as it is, there really are people out there who would cheer a new attack on their own country just so they can feel secure in their belief systems. It will give them a sigh of relief to know that they "were right all along".

Cheney sees the world through blood colored glasses and everyone else is a potential threat to his foundational belief system, flawed as it is. He serves a purpose: to divide through fear and to weaken our resolve to do the right thing. He's the devil on the left shoulder. Obama, elected with a full media halo, is the angel on the right shoulder whose purpose is also to divide but with sinister subtlety.

I watched the video and I think Mr. Schultz is saying what people want to hear. His message will not allow us to find the truth, it will only serve to further divide us. The truth I want doesn't have a side, it just IS. When's THAT talk show on?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Thanks! Love Big Ed!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies