Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:19 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Besides the fact that... or perhaps I should say besides he lack of a single economic fact... Isn't Ron Paul a Republican? I would think that a revolutionary wouldn't remain a member of a party that played no small part in the current mess?
Ron Paul supporters are trying to change the Republican party from within. It is a revolution from that standpoint.

RPers also don't think in one dimensional "support the party or quit" context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 10:19 AM

532 posts, read 1,231,519 times
we have a 2 party system. for him to be a legit politican to the public, he has to be in one of those parties

Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
The stated values of Democrats/Republicans/Libertarians generally sound good. However, when the Dems/Reps govern, things deviate from their statements. Pauls/Naders have to start small and prove they can actually govern a state or something smaller. Else, all they will have is presidential aspirations and ideas.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe107 View Post
since Ron Paul is unelectable as president,

the closest thing to the Ron Paul revolution taking place, would be for there to be a moderate democrat president who is reduces military spending and have a very republican congress who won't let a democrat administration waste money.

This would be just like the 1990s

instead now we have a very liberal president and very liberal congress blowing our money and our future
Do you perceive Obama's spending more like:

1) A blind dog running loose in a meat market; or

2) a guy getting mugged by the biggest thugs in town?

Old 04-24-2009, 10:45 AM

532 posts, read 1,231,519 times
Obama has increased gov spending in a short time in office than Bill Clinton did in his entire presidency.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I thought Ron Paul may have been on the right track until I saw his score on: www.middleclass.org

I don't know who he is really working for but it's not me.......
Well I was and remain one of those tin foil hat wearing Ron Paul supporters, as my other choices this past election were in my opinion, lesser choices.

That being said, even though I support many if not most of Ron Paul's positions, I also realize that Paul is very purist and that means he is far to one side of the spectrum. Our politics is currently dominated by a few degrees left, a few degrees right, and freepers from the fringe keeping the masses distracted while actual political philosophy dies a quiet death in the national dialog. Purist part politics win no elections and even if they did, there is no one single party in which I agree entirely with.

Hopefully Paul's legacy will be the rebirth of actual traditional conservatism instead of this twisted contemporary Republicanism that amounts to little more than liberals with guns who hate gays. I don't even care if that old school traditional conservationism from the days of Taft, Roosevelt or even to a lesser degree Goldwater were found in a Democrat, as long as that philosophy returns.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:22 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
IMO the problems with the economy cannot, and will not, be solved by the current system of Federal Government. The way to get back on tract is to have a Constitutional Convention and place amendments into the Constitution limiting the scope of the Federal Government and returning power back to the States. The Federal Government is completely out of control and has to be reigned in, or it will destroy whatever is left of the former United States. The power has to be returned to the people and to the individual States.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:18 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
IMO the problems with the economy cannot, and will not, be solved by the current system of Federal Government. The way to get back on tract is to have a Constitutional Convention and place amendments into the Constitution limiting the scope of the Federal Government and returning power back to the States. The Federal Government is completely out of control and has to be reigned in, or it will destroy whatever is left of the former United States. The power has to be returned to the people and to the individual States.

This message approved by Ergohead.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:04 PM

654 posts, read 465,958 times
I would also like to see Mike Gravel become more vocal. I think his stance on global warming, healthcare, LGBT issues, and education could attract more people from left while showing great concern about our national debt, the Federal Reserve System, abolishing federal income tax and the Internal Revenue Service, making much needed changes to our foreign policy, and opposing FISA and the Patriot Act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies