Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The attacks against Honorable Sarah Palin is becoming harassment
I agree. 43 39.09%
I disagree. 67 60.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 07:43 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Maybe because you are a Democrat first and foremost? Why can't she be a feminist and foremost without ridicule?
I have a hard time believing any feminist would choose Palin. All of the strong women I know think Palin is a joke and were highly offended that the repubs thought just any ol'woman would do. There were other strong republican women to choose from and he chose her??? Or someone chose her. I am not sure how much say McCain had in his veep choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 07:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Maybe because you are a Democrat first and foremost? Why can't she be a feminist and foremost without ridicule?
The friend Karfar described in her post was NOT a feminist....feminists don't vote for women just because they're women....and most of the feminists I know thought it was just stupid and insulting that the repubs felt any woman would do.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:44 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Feminists don't support a woman for political office just because she's a woman. The woman also has to be intelligent, educated, experienced, and supportive of women's rights. Everything ol' Walin' Blamin' Lyin' Palin is NOT.
Are you talking classical feminists or the new liberal feminists?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Nope, she's not legally owed. There was nothing set up when they got divorced. I know why he's paying her, it's hush money. If you want to know more, I'll DM you.
Until I heard the story from both involved it'd e too Jerry Springer for me and since you are a Democrat first and foremost, I wouldn't have a great appreciation for your interpretation.

Don't take that as me saying you're lying but I think you have a set of glasses you see through (just as I do mine) which colors your interpretation.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwos View Post
Except for the part where it's now a real emergency, and the money spent is no longer wasted on the rich?
Sure it's not. He's got you fooled obviously.

You think this massive spending will pay for istelf or that somehow the rich will be able to bear the burden or not pass their increased taxes onto you?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The friend Karfar described in her post was NOT a feminist....feminists don't vote for women just because they're women....and most of the feminists I know thought it was just stupid and insulting that the repubs felt any woman would do.
Yes, feminists vote on the abortion litmus test.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
I have a hard time believing any feminist would choose Palin. All of the strong women I know think Palin is a joke and were highly offended that the repubs thought just any ol'woman would do. There were other strong republican women to choose from and he chose her??? Or someone chose her. I am not sure how much say McCain had in his veep choice.
How many of the candidates were actually good candidates and which ones were they?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Are you talking classical feminists or the new liberal feminists?
Now you're pickin' nits.....although there are degrees of feminism there are no such things as "classical feminist" and "new liberal feminists".

Old 04-24-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Yes, feminists vote on the abortion litmus test.
Prove it.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Ah, I stand corrected. I honestly have never heard of anyone other than a judge be titled Honorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Neither have I.
My father was a councilman for a very tiny borough in Pennsylvania, and he got mail addressed to "The Honorable ______"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies