Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

i dont know but its pretty severe. i seriously doubt that the hard right ever was the bastion of democracy and patriotism. b4 i thought it was and supported it.
i was so wrong.
mr obama has many enemies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 10:58 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I just hope if, God forbid, the Republicans win fair and square (not like in 2000 and 2004) in 2012 or whenever, that the left/democrats will show more class, at least during the start of that persons presidency.
I would hope so too but if I hold my breath awaiting for class coming from the dems if a rep gets elected, I just may turn blue.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:58 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont know but its pretty severe. i seriously doubt that the hard right ever was the bastion of democracy and patriotism. b4 i thought it was and supported it.
i was so wrong.
mr obama has many enemies.
His new allies are the ones usually for the oppression or silence of dissent. We don't "dream the same dream and hope for the same things as those folks."

Old 04-26-2009, 12:44 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
No one on the right has tried to accuse Obama of stealing elections like the left accused Bush. Please don't act all innocent.
Sure they have. There's the whole full court press claiming acorn brought too many voters to the polls. FOX was priming people all summer about challenging everything enough to have reporters of every ilk, including independents, having to watchdog every polling station in existence. You don't think there's something wrong with the press having to establish hotlines of voter abuses? That's not a serious slide into bananna republic in and of itself? Lets not forget the 20yr long complaint we'll hear about obamas birth certificate. They're still ranting even though it's been disproven by multiple sources.

The problem with Bush/ florida was that the votes were never counted. There wouldn't have been grounds for outrage if they were. Katherine Harris not only eliminated eligible voters wrongfully prior to the election, got to dictate to the rest of the states who was the president of our nation, but add insult to injury got promoted for her crime/ incompetence. That was fodder for a good deal of anger from the rest of the states. I guess florida didn't care too much for the jokes/ insults thrown her way over chads and geriatric patients. To be fair though, if the shoe were on the other foot, wouldn't you want votes actually counted?

As annoyed as voters may be feeling when they're choosing between the lesser of two evils all too often, if we as a nation cannot guarantee the authenticity of free elections we truly have nothing left to offer this world as example of democracy. Diebold debacle hurts everyone because the faith we have in election outcomes is key. Republicans could have just as easily stood up and insisted the votes be counted, especially when the brother of the candidate is the governor of the state in question, but y'all didn't bother. This was an ugly harbinger of glossing over reality.

Diebold tampering could potentially happen to any candidate at any time. Why are conservatives still sitting down about that if it means your own representative might be abused next time around? Gerrymandering-- same thing different day. Those in the business of undermining democracy deserve no respect from any american regardless of political affinity.

Did coleman concede that race in minnesota yet? Were dems screaming their heads off because votes were being counted? They're a bit annoyed that it's dragging out, but you don't see 50 threads bashing coleman. Would you characterize anything that's going on at this late date as fair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkjr675vm-E

Old 04-26-2009, 02:11 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
It can't be expected of people who didn't have sense enough to recognize that Bush never should've been in office in the first place, to support this great president. They had absolutely no answers to the problems that plague this nation for 8 years, so the best they can do is complain and perfect the art of babbling, bungling nonsense.

The problem is THEM (Obama haters/Neocons/Conservatives/Republicans/Regressives/Klan/Clueless), not Obama.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:39 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It can't be expected of people who didn't have sense enough to recognize that Bush never should've been in office in the first place, to support this great president. They had absolutely no answers to the problems that plague this nation for 8 years, so the best they can do is complain and perfect the art of babbling, bungling nonsense.

The problem is THEM (Obama haters/Neocons/Conservatives/Republicans/Regressives/Klan/Clueless), not Obama.
Not that Bush was that good, but given the 2 party fiasco we are in, what would have been a better choice, that hypocritical ghost chaser Gore?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:41 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
No...it's not backlash. We had enough with the extremism and incompetence with the last administration...now we have it even worse. That's what it's all about.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:42 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
It is undeniable that racism plays an important role in the vehement hatred of Obama from the right...

Threats against the life of the President are way up over years ago per published info from the Secret Service..

White Aryan nation is finding more fruitful recruting environments - especially in upper mid-west...

The absolutely hatred and venem being spewed from the right cannot be explained by simple partisan politics.
And the left is less hateful? That is pretty funny coming from a party that does nothing but belittle and viciously attack any other points of view and wants to quell free speech and puts anyone that disagrees with them on a terror watch list. (P.S, spellcheck is a GOOD thing )

Old 04-26-2009, 03:50 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Sure they have. There's the whole full court press claiming acorn brought too many voters to the polls. FOX was priming people all summer about challenging everything enough to have reporters of every ilk, including independents, having to watchdog every polling station in existence. You don't think there's something wrong with the press having to establish hotlines of voter abuses? That's not a serious slide into bananna republic in and of itself? Lets not forget the 20yr long complaint we'll hear about obamas birth certificate. They're still ranting even though it's been disproven by multiple sources.

The problem with Bush/ florida was that the votes were never counted. There wouldn't have been grounds for outrage if they were. Katherine Harris not only eliminated eligible voters wrongfully prior to the election, got to dictate to the rest of the states who was the president of our nation, but add insult to injury got promoted for her crime/ incompetence. That was fodder for a good deal of anger from the rest of the states. I guess florida didn't care too much for the jokes/ insults thrown her way over chads and geriatric patients. To be fair though, if the shoe were on the other foot, wouldn't you want votes actually counted?

As annoyed as voters may be feeling when they're choosing between the lesser of two evils all too often, if we as a nation cannot guarantee the authenticity of free elections we truly have nothing left to offer this world as example of democracy. Diebold debacle hurts everyone because the faith we have in election outcomes is key. Republicans could have just as easily stood up and insisted the votes be counted, especially when the brother of the candidate is the governor of the state in question, but y'all didn't bother. This was an ugly harbinger of glossing over reality.

Diebold tampering could potentially happen to any candidate at any time. Why are conservatives still sitting down about that if it means your own representative might be abused next time around? Gerrymandering-- same thing different day. Those in the business of undermining democracy deserve no respect from any american regardless of political affinity.

Did coleman concede that race in minnesota yet? Were dems screaming their heads off because votes were being counted? They're a bit annoyed that it's dragging out, but you don't see 50 threads bashing coleman. Would you characterize anything that's going on at this late date as fair?

YouTube - The Longest Election In Minnesota History Coleman-Franken
Tried to rep you, cause you're right on, great post.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:48 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Well, I remember in 2000 my VERY liberal friend saying "Anyone who votes for Bush should be dragged out into the street and shot!" So yeah...the hatred was pretty intense. I didn't keep close tabs on left wing hate under Bush, but I heard stuff here and there, and it was pretty viscious. Even if they had valid grievances, some of it was over the line. But last year I was stunned at the vitriol at the Obamas coming out of the Right. Anyone remember those Palin rallies?? <<shudder>>

But you see, calling Obama a terrorist, traitor, foreigner, evil etc... is okay because the left was so much worse under Bush, so that makes it okay. . Sorry kids, it doesn't make it okay. That's the logic of a sniveling brat who's trying to justify his own bad behavior. I'm 28. I work in the school system, and it's disheartening to see people much older than me on TV, and on this forum act exactly like some of the students I work with every day.

And after watching the far left tear apart Bush for eight years, I would have thought the Right would've figured out how not to act. Apparently not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies