Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:48 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When crap like this happens, you see that the borders are way to porous in this country.

We can't keep the scum out of our country, nor can we keep our own scum in our country.

David Duke can go to Czech Republic, but Tom Tancredo gets booed at UNC for speaking his mind.

Amazing.
Tancredo is the one who suggested that we bomb Mecca.

I'm amazed that he is allowed to run around loose without a collar or a label on him warning people about his venom.

If Tancredo would like to join Duke in Prague, I'll be happy to contribute to his travel fund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 11:53 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
It frightens me to know that I share a democracy with people who think this is a good thing.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:54 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Tancredo is the one who suggested that we bomb Mecca.

I'm amazed that he is allowed to run around loose without a collar or a label on him warning people about his venom.

If Tancredo would like to join Duke in Prague, I'll be happy to contribute to his travel fund.
Bombing Mecca doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me, while muslims support sharia law.

I guess the libbies working at the passport office and at the customs counter actually let this fool leave the country.

THEY KNEW David Duke wasn't going to Cancun for vacation and they let him travel anyhow!

why does he still have a passport and not on some watch list?

that's your government at work people.... feel proud!

Old 04-25-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Bombing Mecca doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me, while muslims support sharia law.
If the U.S bombed Mecca it would be the equivalent of China nuking Jerusalem.

Would that be a good idea also, do you think?

Old 04-25-2009, 12:31 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If the U.S bombed Mecca it would be the equivalent of China nuking Jerusalem.

Would that be a good idea also, do you think?
No, it wouldn't be the equivalent of China nuking Jerusalem.

And yes, I still think it would be a good idea to bomb Mecca over Sharia Law.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
I think people get confused about the right to Free Speech. I mean, if I worked in a store and someone was using loud, foul language, I would ask that person to leave because I found it offensive. There are certain ways we need to behave in a civil society and enforcing them does not erode our basic human rights. If you walked down the street and yelled "Kill Obama" you would be arrested for threatening the POTUS. Words that incite hatred and violence can be as damaging as the act itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It frightens me to know that I share a democracy with people who think this is a good thing.
We have no right to tell other countries how to govern. Of course I'm not talking about genocide or torture. If someone doesn't agree with the laws of another country, then he/she shouldn't go there. Remember the caning incident in Singapore? The young man broke their laws and was sentenced to caning. I agreed. For some reason Americans feel they are superior & above the law.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-25-2009 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: add last quote & comment

Old 04-25-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
No, it wouldn't be the equivalent of China nuking Jerusalem.

And yes, I still think it would be a good idea to bomb Mecca over Sharia Law.
If the U.S. was to bomb Mecca, no American would ever be safe anywhere in the world again.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Sorry but you missed the boat on this one. It is the ACLU that is sending in the calvary with the help of the loonie left $$$.
Can't tell if you're joking. Yes? If not, please post a link. Thanks.

I don't see how the ACLU can have any legal standing in another country.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:43 PM

18 posts, read 10,241 times
Quote:
What is wrong with you?

Maybe we should bomb Tel Aviv for continuing an illegal occupation which makes the world hate us.

Quote:
I guess the libbies working at the passport office and at the customs counter actually let this fool leave the country.
What laws did he break to prevent him from leaving the country?

Old 04-25-2009, 02:45 PM

18 posts, read 10,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
IThere are certain ways we need to behave in a civil society and enforcing them does not erode our basic human rights. If you walked down the street and yelled "Kill Obama" you would be arrested for threatening the POTUS. Words that incite hatred and violence can be as damaging as the act itself.
Yeah but he was not inciting violence he was voicing an opinion. I think the numbers of dead in the Holocaust is grossly inflated as well.

You can't "pick and choose" free speech, as much as groups like the ADL would like you to think otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies