Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 06:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

if i could find a civilized society i would agree.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:50 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Before we start putting down dogs due to their behaviors, I would rather put down some of the owners first. I have seen all kinds of dogs and the most consistent aspect between them were the owners and how they treated them. Ive seen a poodle so mean that it bit off a child's finger. Again, put down the people, problem solved.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:14 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I've had it with these glassy eyed lunatic Pit Bull owners who simply refuse to understand that their dogs are a danger to all children at all times. Their is no safe Pit Bull ever. How many more times will we need to hear of a baby, small child or senior citizen being ripped to shreads by these ignorant animals before we realize that they cannot be made safe? I propose we ban this most vicious of dog breeds nationwide.

Pit bull kills 7-year-old Minneapolis boy at home

Pit Bull Kills Child in Huntington - WBOY-TV - WBOY.com (http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=2866 - broken link)

Pitbull KILLS 12month old in EastPointe MI - February 2009 Birth Club - BabyCenter

Pit bull kills child and injures grandmother | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET

12-Year-Old Boy Killed By Pit Bull - CBS News

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Attacks%201982%20to%202006%20Clifton.pdf (broken link)

I can list many laws where liberal and republican laws, feel good laws and the like have killed many people, but I dont see you wanting to get rid of liberals, republicans and politicians alike.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:25 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Kill 'em all as far as I'm concerned.JMO
Sounds like little Mr. CrankyPants needs a nap.

My "vicious" pit bull is my best friend, goofiest companion, and most loyal protector. And as such, I will defend her with equal ferocity.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs081.snc1/4544_111585481012_511316012_3188470_2048267_n.jpg (broken link)

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs101.snc1/4544_111585466012_511316012_3188469_3734814_n.jpg (broken link)

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs094.snc1/4691_114629426012_511316012_3236047_6041881_n.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-10-2009, 04:33 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I can list many laws where liberal and republican laws, feel good laws and the like have killed many people, but I dont see you wanting to get rid of liberals, republicans and politicians alike.

And yet for some reason you didn't list them. Great way to shoot holes in your own credibility.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:18 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Before we start putting down dogs due to their behaviors, I would rather put down some of the owners first. I have seen all kinds of dogs and the most consistent aspect between them were the owners and how they treated them. Ive seen a poodle so mean that it bit off a child's finger. Again, put down the people, problem solved.
We haven't had any success outlawing stupidity to date. I wouldn't throw too many eggs in that basket.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Sounds like little Mr. CrankyPants needs a nap.

My "vicious" pit bull is my best friend, goofiest companion, and most loyal protector. And as such, I will defend her with equal ferocity.
I'm always up for a nap.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if i could find a civilized society i would agree.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:10 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
First off...I have seen the "can you ID the Pit" thing on many forums...as for my neighbors?Yep...they have papers out the rearend.If you want to know the background on their breeding feel free to PM me and I'll give it to you.I have my reasons for not posting it in open forum.I didn't just fall off the turnip truck though and start raising animals yesterday,I know a Pit from a Lab from a chicken as well as anyone.

Secondly....I'm not punishing the dog...you glossed over the fact that I have stock,a child and dogs of my own THAT I TAKE CARE OF...which means that I PROTECT them.These dogs(neighbor's pits,not the strays)have ran my old dog under the porch more than once(she is 14 yo now and in no mood for an ass whipping of any kind).They wouldn't be able to do that with my work dogs,but unfortunately I now have to keep them penned up for fear of losing them.This idiot has over 15 breeding females and two VERY stocky males.My dogs one on one can hold their own,but it wouldn't work out that way in this situation and once again I would be on the losing end of things.

This methanite would not be able to pay for my stock nor could he afford the price I have invested in just one of my work dogs...I can't legally shoot him(although I have told him face to face that if one of his dogs even so much as scratches my kid that I'll kill him where I find him and gladly do the time for it,but I don't know if it registered in his crispy brain) so the only legal remedy I have is to shoot the dogs when they enter my property and I feel they are a danger to me, my family or my property.Animal control is worthless here...it takes a hundred calls to get them out here and then they are smart asses about it(most are inbred politicians kids anyway)..."Why didn't you just shoot it"? is their question to me.

I don't even like killing deer anymore(or any animal for that matter...I cover fish eyes now before I clean them,I'm getting old and soft.),but I'm left with no choice in this matter unless you want to give me your word that you'll pay for any damages to livestock,dogs or kids that these Pits may cause. If you'll do that then I'll take the old 7mm mag. down and unload it in full confidence that you are my insurance policy,but until then when they cross the property line the LORD is going to call them home.

As for killing the Arabian horses?Might as well,they "ain't no count" either...............JUST KIDDING.........well the part about killing them at least.

Completely understand. I grew up on a dairy farm (goats, to be exact) and completely agree with you about protecting stock, especially considering I had some show animals that were worth thousands of dollars.

The problem I had is that you advocate that ALL pits are bad based on your personal situation. Yes, your neighbors are terrible to be raising these dogs and letting them roam loose but if they were raising dobermans would you advocate that everyone should do away with their pets because you have a bad neighbor??

I had a 4H leader that had two attack shih tzus that were INSANE. I had so many bite marks from those two irritating little dogs that I was tempted on more than one occasion to punt them across the yard. I've also met shih tzus that were wonderful lap dogs. Not every pit bull is a killer nor is every pit bull aggressive. In fact, I'd say that more often than not, pits are loving and affectionate dogs.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:36 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I had a 4H leader that had two attack shih tzus that were INSANE. I had so many bite marks from those two irritating little dogs that I was tempted on more than one occasion to punt them across the yard. I've also met shih tzus that were wonderful lap dogs. Not every pit bull is a killer nor is every pit bull aggressive. In fact, I'd say that more often than not, pits are loving and affectionate dogs.
lol, attack shih tzus. I'm trying to picture my old shih as an attack dog and, sadly, I can picture it. we used to play this game where I would put a hand puppet toy on my hand and she would "viciously" growl and attack! it looked scary to an outsider (my dog did NOT have a little "yip yip" bark; she had a deep growl and bark that would have been more appropriate for a dog twice her size!) but she was well trained and could drop the act at a command. hah, little "lion dog" indeed!

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. ask anyone who works w/ dogs on a full time basis, whether as a vet, groomer (ESPECIALLY ask the groomers!), dog walker, etc, and many will tell you horror stories of vicious small dogs and quite a few will tell you they prefer large dogs and pits over small dogs like chihuahuas and toy poodles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies