Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Dalmatians are some vicious animals too. That is until you become the pack leader. Then they are loyal followers. As you would have it a boxer and pit bull are on the Dog Whisper right now as we type. Sure seems, after a week, that they can be as civil as any other dog.
Quote:
It's Not the Dogs, It's the People! A Dog Trainer's Guide to Training Humans (Paperback)

Old 07-25-2009, 12:02 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
But they're all the same remember?? Bulldogs, Boxers, Presa Canarios, the APBT, Staffordshire bull terriers, hell, even labs, chows, huskies, great dane and many, many others have all be described as pit bulls. Did you read the article in which a police officer shot and killed a shih tzu because he thought it was a pit bull???

I'm sick of all these people who lump basically any breed with broad head in together and call them pit bulls. Or the people who assume every dog that attacks is a pit bull, even thoug most aren't.
Don't tell me since my dogs have a broad head and are black and mahogany and the people I bought them from told me they were Rottweillers lied to me? I was never afraid of them but now I fear for my life. They are PITBULLS!! Run everybody Run.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:15 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,476,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Don't tell me since my dogs have a broad head and are black and mahogany and the people I bought them from told me they were Rottweillers lied to me? I was never afraid of them but now I fear for my life. They are PITBULLS!! Run everybody Run.
LOL

I once encountered a husky/corgi mix - small body, big head. IT'S AMAZING I'M STILL ALIVE

Old 07-25-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Oh DAMN, but CUJO freaks me the Hell OUT!!!!!!!
I just requested it on Netflix yesterday,hoping to stress the importance of Rabies shots to our boys...LOL
Whatever works

Old 07-25-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Dalmatians are some vicious animals too. That is until you become the pack leader. Then they are loyal followers. As you would have it a boxer and pit bull are on the Dog Whisper right now as we type. Sure seems, after a week, that they can be as civil as any other dog.

The most vicious dog in my neighborhood is a dachshund. No lie.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:17 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I've had it with these glassy eyed lunatic Pit Bull owners who simply refuse to understand that their dogs are a danger to all children at all times. Their is no safe Pit Bull ever. How many more times will we need to hear of a baby, small child or senior citizen being ripped to shreads by these ignorant animals before we realize that they cannot be made safe? I propose we ban this most vicious of dog breeds nationwide.

Pit bull kills 7-year-old Minneapolis boy at home

Pit Bull Kills Child in Huntington - WBOY-TV - WBOY.com (http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=2866 - broken link)

Pitbull KILLS 12month old in EastPointe MI - February 2009 Birth Club - BabyCenter

Pit bull kills child and injures grandmother | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET

12-Year-Old Boy Killed By Pit Bull - CBS News

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Attacks%201982%20to%202006%20Clifton.pdf (broken link)

I agree! These animals are four-legged time bombs.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I agree! These animals are four-legged time bombs.
Says the person who hasn't read the rest of the thread.

Or any FACTS whatsoever.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:11 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Says the person who hasn't read the rest of the thread.

Or any FACTS whatsoever.

no....
says the guy who has seen too many reports of little kids having their faces ripped off. I've read enuff stories in my own town. It's always a Pit or a Rot....

Old 07-25-2009, 11:24 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree with you, but what do we do about irresponsible pet owners? Miami has a ban on owning a pit bull. Humans are very cruel animals. After all, we even torture other humans. We bomb them and murder their children. However, we don't ban all humans. But a dog is a different story, since they are unpredictable and we cannot communicate with them to know if they are predisposed to violence. I've met a lot of very loving pit bull terriers. I've also met a few very mean labs. Euthanasia is a tough subject for me, because right now I've got 6 stray cats in my backyard who depend on me for food and I'm probably going to move. They deserve to live too, but the dozen or so shelters I've called won't even consider rescuing them. Having said that, I don't think they'd adapt well to living indoors.

Anyway, this is a difficult subject since these dogs often make wonderful, loyal pets, but they also maul and/or kill people for no reason.
I think most people would agree with you.

Pit bulls are naturally high strung, or as the dog whisperer refers to them, "high energy". So when a rank amateur raises a a rottie or a pit bull, they can end up with a neurotic animal, that is aggressive against/fears strangers and strange dogs.

My son's girlfriend has a totally neurotic pit bull. Her dog growls at the neighbor as he walks around in his yard, and her dog is inside the house at the time. Her dog also barks at noises she hears, even when all the curtains are drawn, and she cannot see anything out the window. the bark is not a warning type of bark either, she is actually afraid, you can tell by the dog's expersion that she is barking out of fear.

So some people can raise a dangerous dog, but have all the right intensions at heart.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:31 PM

459 posts, read 804,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
no....
says the guy who has seen too many reports of little kids having their faces ripped off. I've read enuff stories in my own town. It's always a Pit or a Rot....

In my town it was a lab that ripped my cousins face off!! THere was a story recentley about a lab that killed an infant in san jose ca. So nice try, the world doesn't just exist in your town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies