Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 12:56 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingraynm View Post
...and you don't see the many things that are wrong with that picture?

Did the child know how to behave around a dog? What were the parents doing leaving an 8 year old child at home in contact with any large dog? Since your article lacks a link, I'm left to wonder what the deal was with the sitter, if there even was a sitter.
you are a pit owner, right?

Old 08-06-2009, 12:58 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post

I'm not a Pit owner - and I totally agree with the other poster

Old 08-06-2009, 12:58 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,323 times
Quote:
Not opposed, and have listened and read many articles on pits....
I just know what they are breed for and that is to kill.
Fine if a pit kills my dog, i will personally kill the pit with my bare hands
and handled the owner next.
I'm sure that any dog owner who knows you will be happy to use this written statement as a threat worthy of a report to the police.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
...and you don't see the many things that are wrong with that picture?

Did the child know how to behave around a dog? What were the parents doing leaving an 8 year old child at home in contact with any large dog? Since your article lacks a link, I'm left to wonder what the deal was with the sitter, if there even was a sitter.

And I'm with the others... why do so many pit-haters on this thread seem to go on and on about their over-generalizing viewpoints without actually discussing with those of us who really know about dogs?
If you had 20 LABs over 100lbs left alone with an 8 year that loved to tease
dogs for over two hours....you would come home to a new dog lover with kisses all over his face.
A pit is not a large dog, they are medium sized.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
I'm sure that any dog owner who knows you will be happy to use this written statement as a threat worthy of a report to the police.
They would be happy? No i think you would be happy...enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:09 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,978,746 times
Quote:
Really??? Man, the presumptousness of people on your side doesn't stop.

I own a cat. I don't have the time to properly raise a dog. We've been over this many times on this thread, even recently.

I'll summarize my particular background for you. My sister works at a VCA vet and is a professional dog trainer. She has rescued two bull dogs (one American, one English, both also stereotyped relentlessly). She has turned many pits into good dogs, and been there to receive from the police many pits that were owned by bad people. She has turned most of those pits into good dogs. One thing she knows for sure is that she's seen a lot of dogs that were beyond helping and a lot of dogs that were easily socialized for proper raising in a home, and breed was completely irrelevant in swaying those possibilities.

Do yourself a favor and stop with the exclamation points, generalizations, and assumptions. Those don't exactly pass off your arguments as intellectually sound.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Really??? Man, the presumptousness of people on your side doesn't stop.

I own a cat. I don't have the time to properly raise a dog. We've been over this many times on this thread, even recently.

I'll summarize my particular background for you. My sister works at a VCA vet and is a professional dog trainer. She has rescued two bull dogs (one American, one English, both also stereotyped relentlessly). She has turned many pits into good dogs, and been there to receive from the police many pits that were owned by bad people. She has turned most of those pits into good dogs. One thing she knows for sure is that she's seen a lot of dogs that were beyond helping and a lot of dogs that were easily socialized for proper raising in a home, and breed was completely irrelevant in swaying those possibilities.

Do yourself a favor and stop with the exclamation points and assumptions. Those don't exactly pass off your arguments as intellectually sound.
This is far from a credible source! You have no clue about dogs obviously.
I been to off leash parks all over the USA and the most known problems are coming from Pits!
In fact, my friend's ****zu got attack by a Pit and the owner and dog took off. $400 vet bill. Yes Pits are great pets just like LABs i guess...

Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 AM

459 posts, read 804,730 times
Quote:
Why read ahead! Facts are facts...we all know what these dogs do and should not be pets.
Have you read recent attacks on pits???
One in San Francisco when their parents left the pit with their 8 year old son and came home to a dead son! Nice friendly pit turned for one second and turned back into a sweety after the fact.

Your right we should talk about facts!!! You obviously have no reading comprehension or you just heard this story from a second source, because I was in the bay area when this attack happened and I'll tell you the actuall facts. The pit bull was not a nice friendly pet one second and a killer the next. The dog was tortured by the family for many months according to neighbors. The family was seen hitting the dog with bats when it would bark to much. When the dog was taken by animal control after the attack the dog had several cigirette burns. The family was in the middle of moving to another aparmtment, and they had left the son alone with the dog. Now hows this I'll hit you with bats, burn you with cigiretts and keep you locked up in a one bedroom apartment, and then we can see how good your temperment is!!!! Read your facts before you run your mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:31 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
You have no clue about dogs obviously.
It is abundantly clear you don't have a clue about dogs.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:33 AM

459 posts, read 804,730 times
Quote:
This is far from a credible source! You have no clue about dogs obviously.
I been to off leash parks all over the USA and the most known problems are coming from Pits!
In fact, my friend's ****zu got attack by a Pit and the owner and dog took off. $400 vet bill. Yes Pits are great pets just like LABs i guess...

And my pit bull got a chunk of his nose taken out by a border collie at a dog park. My uncle's LAB tore apart my cousins face, and he had to have reconstructive plastic surgery. SO yeah I guess LABS always make great pets don't they.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies