Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 12:27 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
So you assume that if someone makes a remark you don't agree with, it should be barred from being said on live air? That's some typical Republican "logic" you've got there.
I couldn't care less if "Teabagging" and other sexual innuendo targeted Libertarians, Republicans, Democrats, or progressives, conservateives, liberals, anarchists, etc., it has absolutely no place in a show like that.

People watching that show should expect a certain level of politics but I don't think viewers tuning in would have expected blatantly sexual comments.

Fox News has Red Eye and the show goes over the line frequently but it's a late night show not a primetime show. A little common decency would dictate that primetime TV news shows (cable or broadcast - left or right) not use sexual innuendo or juvenile sexual terms. But I think CNN has recently shown that they have been bought out by the left and that associates with lower standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 12:29 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Call the FCC and complain do your part! Lets stop this kind of TV.

Editor's Note: Parts of the following story make explicit references to graphic sex and will be objectionable to readers. It is not suitable for children.

The Federal Communications Commission will review complaints it receives over the on-camera gutter talk of anchors for CNN and MSNBC that came as they condemned the tea party movement in which hundreds of thousands of Americans met on Tax Day to protest not just taxes but a runaway government digging the nation into trillions of dollars in debt.

The complaints already are being delivered. A WND reader who asked that a name not be included in this report confirmed: "I called the FCC to make a complaint.

They are opening an investigation, and he suggested I get everyone I know, who saw or heard the language, innuendos and slurs to contact the FCC, and complain. They need a number of complaints to be able to do anything."

CNN's Anderson Cooper, who made repeated "teabagging" references, and MSNBC's David Shuster, who said,

"Teabagging day for the right wing and they are going nuts for it."

"Tea-bagging" is known in the homosexual subculture as a practice involving a particular form of oral sex.

CNN gutter talk complaint awaits review at FCC

WorldNet?????

Explains a lot.

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
I too hate free speech.

Shouldn't some of you free market heroes be working on boycotts instead of leveraging the government to stifle speech? Vote with your dollar, right?

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
It's funny that liberals suddenly found libertarian religion when it suits their purpose.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
I too hate free speech.

Shouldn't some of you free market heroes be working on boycotts instead of leveraging the government to stifle speech? Vote with your dollar, right?
So do these people.

FOXNews.com - Texas Mayor Singles Out N-Word for Ban - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Thanks to the LIBERAL FCC, you don't have free speech rights when broadcasting content.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:34 PM

And that doesn't upset you, but this does?

Old 04-25-2009, 12:34 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
I couldn't care less if "Teabagging" and other sexual innuendo targeted Libertarians, Republicans, Democrats, or progressives, conservateives, liberals, anarchists, etc., it has absolutely no place in a show like that.

People watching that show should expect a certain level of politics but I don't think viewers tuning in would have expected blatantly sexual comments.

Fox News has Red Eye and the show goes over the line frequently but it's a late night show not a primetime show. A little common decency would dictate that primetime TV news shows (cable or broadcast - left or right) not use sexual innuendo or juvenile sexual terms. But I think CNN has recently shown that they have been bought out by the left and that associates with lower standards.
Agreed. These networks should show some common decency as this wasn't a late night show.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
And that doesn't upset you, but this does?
I just want to do research on bigoted terminology so I can speak liberal.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I just want to do research on bigoted terminology so I can speak liberal.
Am I speaking liberal or something by being consistent and saying that neither should be "banned" or fined or whatever?

If anyone would be a believer in the free market sorting this situation out I would assume it would be you.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:39 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
WorldNetDaily provides primarily evangelical-conservative-oriented news and editorials, publishes letters to the editor, maintains forums and conducts a daily poll. It has been described as having a right wing conservative perspective.[5][6]
Besides providing articles authored by its own staff, the site links to news from other publications. Notable staff includes Aaron Klein - Jerusalem Bureau Chief, Lester Kinsolving - White House Correspondent and Staff Writer Jerome Corsi. The website's Commentary page features editorials from the site's founder, Joseph Farah and other social conservative authors such as Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter, David Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Chuck Norris. It also features weekly columns by libertarians Walter Williams, Vox Day, and Ilana Mercer, as well as liberal Bill Press and pro-life moderate Nat Hentoff.[7] The site also offers products for sale, advertising these products alongside related news stories. Typically these are products sold by its related book service, WND Book Service; publishing house, WND Books; or its retail operation, ShopNetDaily. The site also contains advertisements for WND's printed magazine, Whistleblower, and other companies. WND also operates the G2 Bulletin, a subscription-only website described as an "intelligence resource" for "insights into geo-political and geo-strategic developments."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies