Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 01:08 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Here's a little article for all of you social scientists out there who have tirelessly researched and studied black male sexuality and rising HIV/AIDS rates in the black community, and have therefore --with stunning insight--concluded that the "down low" lifestyle is the cause. Down low myth distorts HIV research, prevention | Health | Reuters

Next time before you know nothings start blathering about issues you have no knowledge of and therefore embarrassing yourselves, do a little research.

Why the myth of "on the Down Low" refuses to die. - By Ta-Nehisi Coates - Slate Magazine
Wow, I seem to have hit a nerve there, NG. I didn't realize that I had posted to the Social Scientist forum.

I have read the articles, as well as others. If you had done the same, you would know that epidemiologists and others working with in the HIV/AIDS field are not in agreement on this issue. But all seem to be in agreement that focusing on the behavior detracts from providing prevention education.

Calling people "know nothings" tends to be detrimental to educating people, as well. Although I will admit, I have never researched that statement.

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 04-26-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 02:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Oh, allright, If that's all it'll take to make you happy, here:

Ewwwww.......but thanks!

Old 04-26-2009, 03:10 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
They are in Atlanta and DC.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:48 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Default What is your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
Why are you so worried about gay Black men?

Why create a Blog about Black Gay men, I'm curious!

Are you Gay and your worried about a broken condom?

Please educate us!

Old 04-26-2009, 04:59 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Why are you so worried about gay Black men?

Why create a Blog about Black Gay men, I'm curious!

Are you Gay and your worried about a broken condom?

Please educate us!
Sounds to me like more fantasies about a black man having all the power...

Old 04-26-2009, 05:00 PM

Default Nah!

Quote:
Sounds to me like more fantasies about a black man having all the power...
I Love women!

Maybe you like a fat one in your backside!

Old 04-26-2009, 05:14 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I Love women!

Maybe you like a fat one in your backside!
Not YOU, turkey.

OP & his support group.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:18 PM

Default Ha ha!

Quote:
Not YOU, turkey.

OP & his support group.
Confederates love to spread White lies don't you?

I thought a sin is a sin!

What's the difference between a White Lie and a Lie?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:23 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
That's right. It's the subculture of straight black guys on the DL -- at least that's the talk right now. They go out with their buds and strike out with the chicks. So, they hook it up together and move on. It's not like an epidemic behavior, but you couple that with a huge STD infection rate in the demographic, and you get a bigger problem. I've even been told by a close friend (a black woman) the reason she won't go clubbing in ATL is because she heard there's too many brothers on the DL there.
Just to point out...guys on the DL are in the closet and hiding the fact they're gay.

Why on earth would straight guys start hooking up with each other because they couldn't score at the bars with chicks? If they're looking for chicks, they're straight....if they're hooking up with each other they're gay. You don't just flip back and forth like the wind. If you went out this Friday night and couldn't pick up any girls, would you just go home with your buddy and start having sex? I'm gay, and if I didn't hook up some night (not that I do very often at all), the last thing I would ever do is go try and hook up with a girl. Eww.

Being gay has very harsh stereotypes and views in the black community. My friend was talking with a buddy who just got out of jail. He's gay, but a huge white guy who doesn't act gay at all. He said he without a doubt hid the fact he was gay in jail in Chicago to pretty much save his life.

One night a black drag queen was brought in for doing something stupid while drunk, and all the other guys drug him into the showers, beat the living hell out of him, and then all peed on the kid. Then they walked out, knowing the kid couldn't say a word to the guards because he'd just end up dead in the morning. Jail is the LAST place you would ever want to be gay....let alone black and gay.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Just to point out...guys on the DL are in the closet and hiding the fact they're gay.

Why on earth would straight guys start hooking up with each other because they couldn't score at the bars with chicks? If they're looking for chicks, they're straight....if they're hooking up with each other they're gay. You don't just flip back and forth like the wind. If you went out this Friday night and couldn't pick up any girls, would you just go home with your buddy and start having sex? I'm gay, and if I didn't hook up some night (not that I do very often at all), the last thing I would ever do is go try and hook up with a girl. Eww.
Maybe they're bi, but "straight-acting".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies