Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
If Obama can back out of a beer with Hannity without damage to his character my guess is it'd be fair for Hannity to back out of this.

But, I hope he does it. Many military guys have been waterboarded as part of training and are alive and healthy though the waterboarding was uncomfortable. If Hannity can bear it for say a good 100 seconds, I'd love to see Olbermann back out and say "I was just kidding" because you know he wouldn't pay.
Sure he would.

Seriously though, theyd both have their seconds "call it off" before it even would happen...fights over the means by which it would be done, and some paid hack would "take responsibility" and say his lines about not allowing noble Sean to risk his life, etc., or cries of cheating.... where's Vince McMahon when you need him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 03:23 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Quote:
If Hannity can bear it for say a good 100 seconds, I'd love to see Olbermann back out and say "I was just kidding" because you know he wouldn't pay.
What are you talking about? Of course he'd pay. He has the money. He wouldn't've made the offer if he wasn't willing to pay up. $100k for charity and ratings is a drop in the bucket for someone who makes $5million a year.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
What are you talking about? Of course he'd pay. He has the money. He wouldn't've made the offer if he wasn't willing to pay up. $100k for charity and ratings is a drop in the bucket for someone who makes $5million a year.
Well both Biden and Obama make big speeches about helping out other people and have the money to do it but have actually contributed very little of their wealth. The problem seems to be liberals talk a big game about helping other people but when they have the resources to do so they take a step back and just wait for the government to do it. There are some generous liberals but even those often give to political causes rather than helping their fellow man.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:42 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Well both Biden and Obama make big speeches about helping out other people and have the money to do it but have actually contributed very little of their wealth. The problem seems to be liberals talk a big game about helping other people but when they have the resources to do so they take a step back and just wait for the government to do it. There are some generous liberals but even those often give to political causes rather than helping their fellow man.
? This is a bet.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:48 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times

YouTube - Watch Christopher Hitchens Get Waterboarded (VANITY FAIR)

Old 04-26-2009, 03:59 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Besides, this could be a great & profitable PPV event - many will pitch in to see the chickenhawk eat his words.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
I was hoping it would be Olbermann who gets to waterboard Hannity... now thats something I will pay to watch!

Old 04-26-2009, 04:02 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I was hoping it would be Olbermann who gets to waterboard Hannity... now thats something I will pay to watch!
Oh yeah !

Old 04-26-2009, 04:04 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Olbermann isn't properly trained to do this and so he'd probably mess up and actually kill Hannity. Though you'd probably enjoy seeing the death of a conservative radio host you hate, you'd also see your favorite television host go to jail for murder.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Olbermann isn't properly trained to do this and so he'd probably mess up and actually kill Hannity. Though you'd probably enjoy seeing the death of a conservative radio host you hate, you'd also see your favorite television host go to jail for murder.
And I thought you all took waterboarding very lightly... is it dangerous enough to kill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies