Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 04:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
As a Republican who works in New York City this sort of thing will be accepted easily. In fact many people will find it greatly amusing since many people here hate Christians. To me its blasphemy and outrageous. I'm living in the wrong state.

Ah yes, the old 'I'm a Christian I'm being opressed!!!!'. Soooo worn out. I think it's funny and if it's trying to create controversy then it's doing it's job. If everyone rolled their eyes at it and ignored it, it would go away.

Nobody hates Christians, isn't it 'hate the sin, love the sinner'? We all love you, we just don't like Christianity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 04:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Point to some proof of your idiotic statement.

The only people to call him "messiah" are wingnuts hoping against hope that we Obama supporters might be embarrassed. They were so wrong. We think that name is funny.

And the painting is likely mocking the idiot wingnuts who gave him that name, and who are now pestering everybody with their trivial complaints.
Here's just one from a quick search...
From worldnetdaily:
Obama Referred to as Messiah
When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking." During the last Presidential debate, will Barack Obama denounce this most recent comment/endorsement made by Louis Farrakhan

Here's a couple more:
Through the last year many news sources have referred to Barack Obama as a Messiah or as near Deity [examples: Washington Post: Is Obama a (or the) Messiah? World Net Daily: Is Barack Obama the Messiah? Or The Messiah is Absolutely Speaking. Slate formed The Obama Messiah Watch. Townhall: Obama's Growing Messiah Complex. The British Press frankly refers to Obama as “The Messiah.”] Gary Lawrence, a forty-year political veteran and California-based pollster, gives his take on this trend in this article, which is his analysis and a reflection of his own opinion...

Old 04-26-2009, 04:04 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
As a Republican who works in New York City this sort of thing will be accepted easily. In fact many people will find it greatly amusing since many people here hate Christians. To me its blasphemy and outrageous. I'm living in the wrong state.
No, you're living in the right state, and you're not alone. New York isn't just for them, and never let them convince you that it is, because it's much more fun to get under their skin. I'll never leave NYC.

I'm a white Christian male. People here hate that, and when they try to talk to me about their nonsense I make them so angry they start to turn red in the face with pure rage. It can't be healthy for them. I enjoy that.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromVAtoNC View Post
But where's Bo the puppy? I mean, c'mon, most artists who are trying to get their 15 minutes of fame know that puppies always get you a lot of attention.
Speaking of Bo the dog, I just love they chose the name Barrak Obama don't you?

Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
We all love you, we just don't like Christianity
Then go live in another country, because this one is CHRISTIAN

Old 04-26-2009, 04:12 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Here's just one from a quick search...
From worldnetdaily:
Obama Referred to as Messiah
When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking." During the last Presidential debate, will Barack Obama denounce this most recent comment/endorsement made by Louis Farrakhan
So, in the past 24 hours, two different C-D posters have used statements made by Fidel Castro and Louis Farrakhan in an attempt (<---operative word) to prove their anti-liberal arguments. Interesting.

Who's next? One of you wingnuts gonna quote Kim Jong-il to back up your own beliefs? How 'bout Ahmadinejad? Putin?

Old 04-26-2009, 04:15 PM

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”

"In God We Trust"

Or simply look at a calendar to see which holidays are national ones.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:16 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Then go live in another country, because this one is CHRISTIAN
Wrong. The majority of Americans are affiliated with some form of the Christian religion, but America is by no means entirely a Christian nation. Roughly 75,000,000 (that's 75 million) citizens are NOT Christian.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:16 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
I think that President Obama would object to that painting if he is a true Christian. It mocks Christ.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Wrong. The majority of Americans are affiliated with some form of the Christian religion, but America is by no means entirely a Christian nation. Roughly 75,000,000 (that's 75 million) citizens are NOT Christian.
Did I say all Americans are Christian? Are all of the people in China Chinese? No. Everyone is welcome, and they can either conform or not conform to Christianity or they can be anything else that they want to be. That's their choice. But this is a Christian nation. Done. End of story. Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies