Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:33 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times

Advertisements

They'll give it credence if it works for them. If not, it's just a stupid internet poll.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:34 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I am that person! Thanks for remembering. I mistakenly assumed that since it was a MSNBC poll that the liberals would give it more credence.
NO web-based poll is worth diddly - I don't care if it's on FOX, MSNBC or Vatican Website.
They are ALL too easy to freep - and there are plenty of Freepers out there (of all political views) who do that regularly just for the fun of it.

If you really want credence don't claim that such sites are "evidence" (for ANYTHING). Such posts only make you look silly, desperate, and ignorant.

Just sayin'...

Ken

Old 04-27-2009, 08:36 AM

358 posts, read 472,159 times
Quote:
I am that person! Thanks for remembering. I mistakenly assumed that since it was a MSNBC poll that the liberals would give it more credence.

I forgot that they are willing to bit the hand that feeds them when it suits their purpose. Just a normal day in the land of the flip floppers.
So MSNBC is creditable in your eyes when they air something like the poll showing Obama not popular but not when they air something against Bush.

Just where is the flip flop here?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,369,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
My favorite posts are from the paranoids who tremble in fear that the current administration will become "brownshirts", make America communist, usher in martial law, and create a police state that will punish gun-toting, god-fearing, white patriots.

I think, "with this many straight men, how can one not be hilarious?"

Old 04-27-2009, 08:44 AM

479 posts, read 660,706 times
I didn't say it was credible in my eyes.

I will type slowly so you can understand, hang on, here we go... I mistakenly assumed the lib crowd would give MSNBC credence since it's a bastion of liberal thinking. Get it? Way to go!

If you can't figure out the flip flopping go back to my OP and read it 10 times or so, eventually you may be able to figure it out, I have confidence that you can do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
So MSNBC is creditable in your eyes when they air something like the poll showing Obama not popular but not when they air something against Bush.

Just where is the flip flop here?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was credible in my eyes.

I will type slowly so you can understand, hang on, here we go... I mistakenly assumed the lib crowd would give MSNBC credence since it's a bastion of liberal thinking. Get it? Way to go!
Clearly you vastly underestimate the intelligence of the "lib crowd".
It's highly unlikely that ANYONE (at least not those of the Left - I can't speak about those on the right ) believes that poll. It has been discussed in depth MANY TIMES and thoroughly debunked repeatedly.

Ken

Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I understand that pole. It holds up my electric power wires.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:07 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
I must say as I read the constant barriage of anti-Obama post, often from the same ya-hoos and it just cracks me up. Little room for facts, just more Hannity-Beck-Rush lipsynk babble.

I find it exceptionally amusing insofar as the reliable polls show his popularity with the American People is not falling off as he approaches the 100 day mark. Ya'll just keep it up, we all need the laughs. What is funniest is I know you guys are believing your own lies.
Just replace Obama with Bush and you can see why so many go after Obama. I, myself, can't stand either one, but that would be because I realize that both are liars and politicians and really do not have the best interest of the country at their heart at all.

I find it amusing that people who are partisan, either way, are the ones down the road who will be so very sorry when they see what this country has become and that they helped it to get there. Very sad, indeed. Too bad so many are so uneducated when it comes to history .

Old 04-27-2009, 09:09 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
My favorite posts are from the paranoids who tremble in fear that the current administration will become "brownshirts", make America communist, usher in martial law, and create a police state that will punish gun-toting, god-fearing, white patriots.
Don't forget that they will make us all speak Spanish, give handouts to anyone that is NOT a gun-toting, god-fearing, white patriot, and turn the ENTIRE COUNTRY GAY!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The plot to turn all of gay is part of a demonic birth control scheme designed to give women control of their bobies and lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies