Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That was an example of why he usually used the teleprompter. Not being born in the US tends to make some people not know how many states we have. He didn't count they that day because he said he had been in 57 and that his handlers wouldn't let him go to Alaska or Hawaii.

That was the most classical mistake he made last summer but he made a number of others.
I liked the "my Muslim faith" one.

For most people a camera adds ten pounds but for Obama it adds 7 states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That was an example of why he usually used the teleprompter. Not being born in the US tends to make some people not know how many states we have. He didn't count they that day because he said he had been in 57 and that his handlers wouldn't let him go to Alaska or Hawaii.

That was the most classical mistake he made last summer but he made a number of others.
Not being born in the US?

Oh brother.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Right.
Yes, I am.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:56 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
His greatest skill is reading a speech he didn't write that scrolls along on TOTUS. If there is a mishap, he looks like the clueless, empty suit he truly is.

He is all fluff, no substance.

Even Bush didn't have to rely on the teleprompter for every friggin speaking event - even with all the "bushisms" - he was still able to talk off the cuff.

I don't remember bush ever having to take a TOTUS along when he would visit a manufacturing plant or a school or some other business.

Even for those informal events, obama needs the TOTUS.

And besides, it's just friggin hilarious - TOTUS, it's own blog and especially when it betrays the One.

You and many fellow Republicans have built a "fantasy world" inside your head, where you actually believe Obama needs a teleprompter.

You keep repeating this lie in thread after thread until you somehow believe it to be the truth?

If Obama requires a teleprompter, then please explain how during press conferences, whenever he is asked a question by the press, he can speak INTELLIGENTLY and KNOWLEDGEABLY about any subject for 10 minutes or more. He stays focused, and stays on the topic of the question.

Unlike Bush ... who often was stumped by questions from the press, and who often would try to change the topic to one he was more familiar with, and completely ignore the original question, Obama is able to talk at great lengths "off the cuff" about any subject he is asked. He is never at a loss for words.

Don't believe me? Then watch any of Obama's previous press conferences, or else, watch him this coming Wednesday evening.

Bush and Obama are "worlds apart" in terms of knowledge of the issues.

If you ever want to watch Bush look really stupid ... just go back and watch any of the press conferences he gave side-by-side with Tony Blair. Blair would answer press questions with well thought-out, intelligent responses ... and Bush's responses just made him look like a total moron next to Blair. I actually felt embarassed for the United States during these awkward moments.

In total contrast ... whenever Obama gives press conferences ... I feel proud to have him as President!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
To say that Obama is an airhead because he's just reading words is the height of stupidity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Then why did you just say it here?
What a totally inappropriate thing to say, Little-Acorn! Is it not obvious that you took what mhouse said out of context?

Old 04-27-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
You and many fellow Republicans have built a "fantasy world" inside your head, where you actually believe Obama needs a teleprompter.

You keep repeating this lie in thread after thread until you somehow believe it to be the truth?

If Obama requires a teleprompter, then please explain how during press conferences, whenever he is asked a question by the press, he can speak INTELLIGENTLY and KNOWLEDGEABLY about any subject for 10 minutes or more. He stays focused, and stays on the topic of the question.

Unlike Bush ... who often was stumped by questions from the press, and who often would try to change the topic to one he was more familiar with, and completely ignore the original question, Obama is able to talk at great lengths "off the cuff" about any subject he is asked. He is never at a loss for words.

Don't believe me? Then watch any of Obama's previous press conferences, or else, watch him this coming Wednesday evening.

Bush and Obama are "worlds apart" in terms of knowledge of the issues.

If you ever want to watch Bush look really stupid ... just go back and watch any of the press conferences he gave side-by-side with Tony Blair. Blair would answer press questions with well thought-out, intelligent responses ... and Bush's responses just made him look like a total moron next to Blair. I actually felt embarassed for the United States during these awkward moments.

In total contrast ... whenever Obama gives press conferences ... I feel proud to have him as President!
Thank you.

And just for a little balance:

YouTube - The Hypocrisy of the Neo-Conservatives #2

YouTube - Sarah Palin can't pronounce the word 'nuclear'.

YouTube - The Hypocrisy of the Neo-Conservatives

Old 04-27-2009, 09:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
She can't even be straight about whether this OP was made in jest or not.
I thought I did - can't you read?

As I said - a grim bunch of liberals, for sure.

You have to admit - it's funny as all hell.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Barry doesn't need the telepromter, as long as um.....um......ah.....um is what you're looking for.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I thought I did - can't you read?

As I said - a grim bunch of liberals, for sure.

You have to admit - it's funny as all hell.
It's not "funny" at all. Not because liberals are "grim." But because their sense of humor is a bit more developed than that of a middle-schooler.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
It's not "funny" at all. Not because liberals are "grim."
That's your opinion. Don't think it's funny? Stay out of the thread with your constant whining and complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies