Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Always nice to hear about another dead Republican racist.
No, it's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 08:29 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
executions are good, the gallows cry out they are thirsty. many need it. their use will reduce enthusiasm for rape and murder. the expression "oh well" will be used less.
States which have the death penalty do not have less murders than states which don't have the death penalty.

Is rape in your state a capital punishment crime?

Old 04-29-2009, 04:41 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I say good for this! Hopefully the Warden and the guy who gives him the shot are black! The last faces he will ever see! Hopefully Jesus is black and he will get sentenced to Hell from a black man!

Georgia killer to be executed tonight | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2009/04/28/mize_execution.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab - broken link)
So, do you also hope that Courtney Lockhart is put to death by White men for the attempted rape and murder of Lauren Burk? You would if you have any intellectual honesty. I'd like to hear your response.

Suspect's mom to Burk family: 'I am sorry' | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2008/03/09/auburnarrest_0309_web11.html - broken link)

- Reel

Old 04-29-2009, 06:22 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,618 times
I see that the liberal glee in his execution is over his racism and not the actual crime he committed....

For the record I'm glad he's gone as I believe all the perpetrators of pre-meditated murders deserve death.
Why make yet another race thread? Murder is murder and this man got what he deserved.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Always nice to hear about another dead Republican racist.
Fail.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,163,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
"Unfavorable beliefs"???

I am totally opposed to the death penalty, however, I find your characterization of racism as "unfavorable beliefs" rather stunning.

Perhaps you might do well to do some serious research regarding what those "Unfavorable beliefs" of racism did to people in this country.......an in the larger scheme of things, it really wasn't that long ago. In the 1960s people with "Unfavorable beliefs" were bombing churches and killing innocent little girls, blowing up houses, killing civil rights workers. And if you DARE to go back even more in history, you'll discover that folks in this country used to have "lynching parties" in a town center or park. People would take picnics and all go to watch the lynching.

Could it be possible that it is dangerous to forget the past, or not keep up with the superficial changes in the "Unfavorable beliefs" of some, so that you believe the "image" and do not see the foundation?
That would be assuming that all racists physically act out on their beliefs. "Unfavorable beliefs" of racism did nothing to people in this country. That's like saying guns commit murder. If memory serves me right, history books tell that it was PEOPLE who bombed churches and killed innocents. It was PEOPLE who lynched others.

I don't see how allowing people to think freely is "forgetting the past." However, I do see the condemnation of individuals with opposing viewpoints as forgetting the past. Should the government and its people be allowed to censor your thoughts? Perhaps it would do you well to read Fahrenheit 451 and 1984.

Being a racist is not a crime. If it was, we'd all be in jail. Though it is meant for humor, perhaps it might do you well to check out Avenue Q's: Everyone's a Little Bit Racist. The message within that bit is very, very true.

So I will reiterate my point: A person should not be condemned and wished harm upon just because they hold "unfavorable beliefs." However, if that person were to break the law, then that person should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:58 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh my god, I thought this thread was about someone who was being executed because they were racist. Low and behold, I quickly fell back to reality to find out that this is about a man who actually has violated a real law and committed murder.. A crime...

Am I the only one who found it ironic that you talk about killing a racist while you thought it was acceptable to make racial comments?

Always when white people kill black people it is racist. Just get used to that.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:12 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Racist are worthless for the most part. I can excuse the stupid- like Archie Bunker for being racist simply because they are stupid and fairly harmless. But for the racist that should know better, they should all be sent packing to hell.
Does that include all black racist?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Of course not. He's very racist himself....you know it as well as I do.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:05 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,750,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Racist are pretty worthless no matter the colour but black racist are generally harmless because a black racist does not have the power to make a white person miserable. Now if he kills a white person, then march him off to the gallows too. But for the most part blacks do not yet have the power to deny white people things like jobs, housing, education and promotions. White people do have that power. That is the difference. I have been on the receiving end of reverse racism myself (black cops) and, while not a pleasant experience, it only affected me for 30 minutes and not a lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies