Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 03:14 PM

592 posts, read 2,799,874 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to give you fine folks an idea of the terrible warming conditions we are suffering here in MN due to the theroy Al Gore made millions on. I sure hope these pics work, I've not done this before
Attached Thumbnails
Minnesota's global warming, where's Al Gore?-april-04-07-snowfall-002.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 03:16 PM

1,247 posts, read 916,836 times
weather =/= climate

Old 04-03-2007, 03:22 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,604,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
I just wanted to give you fine folks an idea of the terrible warming conditions we are suffering here in MN due to the theroy Al Gore made millions on. I sure hope these pics work, I've not done this before
Uhhm, yeah.

You've just told the entire forum that you haven't researched a thing on the global warming argument, and are merely repeating the rhetoric of right-wing talking-heads.

The jury is still out with me as far as global warming goes, but the steps to remediate it make sense. They make sense because the only other option is to continue dependence on foreign oil, as well as pollute our environment.

Whether or not we're going to cure the fever that nobody is quite sure the earth has, that's another story. I do know that it might make the AIR a little better to breathe, and that's enough for me.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Boy, nobody has a sense of humor today...and incidentally the only month it hasn't snowed in MN historically is August. I don't know if you caught it Yap (or anyone else) or are willing to watch it, but there is an interesting movie produced in Great Britan that gives some pretty interesting historical scientific prespective on Global warming..and I'm not being sarcastic, I saw it and it certainly gives food for thought. I apologize if my sense of humor offended you, I'm just sick of shoveling and plowing it!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,604,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
Boy, nobody has a sense of humor today...and incidentally the only month it hasn't snowed in MN historically is August. I don't know if you caught it Yap (or anyone else) or are willing to watch it, but there is an interesting movie produced in Great Britan that gives some pretty interesting historical scientific prespective on Global warming..and I'm not being sarcastic, I saw it and it certainly gives food for thought. I apologize if my sense of humor offended you, I'm just sick of shoveling and plowing it!
Ok, lol, that's better. Sorry Del, you don't post enough in here for me to quickly recognize your SOH.

I thought you might be joking, but wasn't sure........

....it still holds though. Global warming is irrelevant because to me, the steps to remediate are not an option, they're a requirement.

~T

Last edited by YapCity; 04-03-2007 at 04:30 PM..

Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 PM

I wasn't kidding about that movie though Yap, scientists using historical data to track causes of global warming and cooling throughout thousands of years....I'm no scientist I just thought it was information I hadn't heard or read before. And you're right, I'm no genius, but I sure like to hear and read all the different opinions I can before diggin my heels in..

Old 04-03-2007, 04:27 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,886,211 times
I guess I'm going to cancel my subscription to Greenpeace Times and return that darn DVD.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:35 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,420,798 times
AL is hanging out with Bush, Clinton and Tony Blair perhaps? at some billionaire good old boys club perhaps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies