Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:12 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

I wish Obama had also shown the middle finger to go with the talk and waving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 03:16 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Are you angry?

You sound angry.
Not angry, just that as each day passes I lose more and more respect for 0bama. I've got the flu today, so my emotions are most assuredly in check, since I am incapable of any emotion beyond "blahhhhh" Okay, a smiley face is about my extent of emotion today.

Even with this Air force One gaffe, 0bama earns my disrespect. He is either one of the three:

1. He is incompetent and a liar, because he was aware that he was authorizing his plane for a photo op, and misjudged the fire storm of outrage, lied about knowing about the event, and is too cowardly to take responsibility.

2. He is a puppet with other people actually in charge, and 0bama knew nothing about it, because he has people all over the White house that can just up and take his plane, without informing him, even if all they are taking his plane for is for a photo op.

0bama: "Where's my plane going to?"
Puppet master: "Just sign the authorization Barry"
0bama: "Is this a good idea?.... Hello....Is anyone there..... hello?"

3. Or lastly, he is oblivious to events around him, and so disrespected that people do not feel the need to go out of their way to tell him anything, and 0bama is not allowed to speak any specifics on this matter until the proper response is download into his teleprompter.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:21 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I repeat Bush never said it publicly. What about some of the things idiot Bidden says? Seems the foot is caught in your mouth.
biden is a general moron.. like bush.. but he atleast can admit when he's wrong....
cheney is a manipulative evil sack of crap that will step on anything and anyone in his way... if promoting torture in the face of international law isn't proof of that.. then you're drinking the koolaide too...

clear things up for u?

Old 04-29-2009, 03:27 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Not angry, just that as each day passes I lose more and more respect for 0bama. I've got the flu today, so my emotions are most assuredly in check, since I am incapable of any emotion beyond "blahhhhh" Okay, a smiley face is about my extent of emotion today.

Even with this Air force One gaffe, 0bama earns my disrespect. He is either one of the three:

1. He is incompetent and a liar, because he was aware that he was authorizing his plane for a photo op, and misjudged the fire storm of outrage, lied about knowing about the event, and is too cowardly to take responsibility.

2. He is a puppet with other people actually in charge, and 0bama knew nothing about it, because he has people all over the White house that can just up and take his plane, without informing him, even if all they are taking his plane for is for a photo op.

0bama: "Where's my plane going to?"
Puppet master: "Just sign the authorization Barry"
0bama: "Is this a good idea?.... Hello....Is anyone there..... hello?"

3. Or lastly, he is oblivious to events around him, and so disrespected that people do not feel the need to go out of their way to tell him anything, and 0bama is not allowed to speak any specifics on this matter until the proper response is download into his teleprompter.

hmmmm...

Yes...

Yes, I can see why you're upset. America is fortunate to not have suffered under such poor leadership in recent years.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:27 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I'm ready and waiting to hear some answers from the republicans on how to address this mess...they aren't out there and don't exist.. there is not ONE sound answer to any of this that the republican party is gathering behind and promoting..
Ditto with the Democrats. The spending frenzy is not a "sound" answer to the problem. It's not even addressing the problem - it's a pork smorgasbord and blueprint for epic expansion of the federal government.

Put down the pom-poms and take a good look at who you're cheering for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
You're right.. they did pay too much.. but the industry and lenders were telling them otherwise..
SO WHAT?????

Geez! At what point are people supposed to think for themselves?! Like I said, I wasn't even in the market and I knew it was all bogus. How anyone could have actually been involved in the process and (presumably) done their homework and still honestly believed that they could afford the $600k house on a $50k salary is just beyond stupid. Yes, lenders made it easy - too easy - but nobody forced them to sign on the dotted line.

Quote:
so then you make above 250K per year?
even so.. his tax levels mirror those of clinton and reagan.. please explain specifics on how you're effected
See, this is what I'm talking about. The cheerleaders aren't even watching the game. And we're supposed to take you seriously? I'd like to - really - but I just can't.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:29 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I wish Obama had also shown the middle finger to go with the talk and waving.
You have a point here. Obama was too cowardly to use the middle finger like Bush did (probably the only thing Bush did right)

Old 04-29-2009, 03:43 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
You have a point here. Obama was too cowardly to use the middle finger like Bush did (probably the only thing Bush did right)
At times, the middle finger went straight into his nose, though, at times when he missed Cheney instructing him.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:43 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Ditto with the Democrats. The spending frenzy is not a "sound" answer to the problem. It's not even addressing the problem - it's a pork smorgasbord and blueprint for epic expansion of the federal government.

Put down the pom-poms and take a good look at who you're cheering for.

SO WHAT?????

Geez! At what point are people supposed to think for themselves?! Like I said, I wasn't even in the market and I knew it was all bogus. How anyone could have actually been involved in the process and (presumably) done their homework and still honestly believed that they could afford the $600k house on a $50k salary is just beyond stupid. Yes, lenders made it easy - too easy - but nobody forced them to sign on the dotted line.

See, this is what I'm talking about. The cheerleaders aren't even watching the game. And we're supposed to take you seriously? I'd like to - really - but I just can't.
You just can't what???
you do realize that not everyone has a job that keeps them in the same town and the same house for 2 decades.. so regardless, people are in the housing market.. and are selling and buying new houses as they relocate... there are too many factors that played into it all to simply sit and say.. I told u so.. because while I didn't buy a house at that time.. I certainly would not be sitting here talking down to anyone who did.. because you don't know what they were being told by people that were "experts" in the industry..
If the spending is not helping to secure financial instututions and the economy so you and I can keep our jobs.. then tell me sir... what should we be doing instead??? I'm all ears... really..
and lastly....
you just can't what?
you can't explain how your taxes have gone up that has got you so p*ssed off to come in here and vent it??
please explain where and how you got screwed... I want to understand where the tax complainers are coming from.. if it really is a reality or if it's just political banter...enlighten us...
If you're going to call me a pom pom wielding cheerleader... please explain how I am misguided... by shining some light on where you've come to draw your conclusions...
you can't just come in here and blab rhetoric... and then not back it up with an example to illustrate what you're saying if you wan't to be taken seriously

Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM

3,331 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Default as you might say: link please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
the Repubs at their convention sent the cops against people who didn't even protest yet.
and didn't some code pinker and one of obama's bundlers (a person who shills and collects illegal donations for a candidate) try to rush the stage in a hissy fit to silence freedom of speech at the republican convention??

obama came off as an egotistical creep today

Old 04-29-2009, 04:43 PM

492 posts, read 962,066 times
Quote:
He had me until he did a little mocking of the tea bags.
Oooohhhh, great line. Would be a great title for the documentary of his failure and downfall.

Mocking of the Tea Bags
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies