Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:48 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Obama Takes Swipe At Fox News, Tea Baggers

Finally, a President in touch with his surroundings and reality. This President knows exactly the LIES FOX news is spreading. BUSH, on the other hand, if people will recall, was so out of touch, he had no clue that gas prices were about to hit $4/gal until his own press core told him. Furthermore, there he stood with his stupid look and said where did you hear this....and what's the saying ""AND HERE"S YOUR SIGN" !!

Obama, the nations ultimate douche bag....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 05:15 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
For good reason. Fox supported the village idiot and has supported the most ineffective policy in the history of this country: the Conservatives/Republicans.

The tea baggers exist because their tea is made from sour grapes.

Both actually quite pathetic entities that have no place here as Obama works to bring this country out of the Dubya Dark Ages.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
only on City Data would the blowhard FAUX fans drive this subject to 8 pages! I saw his live Town Hall meeting (how refreshing to have a President who doesn't hide when chit hits the fan) and found it funny how he blew off the "tea baggers!"

Old 04-29-2009, 05:39 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
I just saw the video of Obama shaking an imaginary teabag, and I admit it was a little petty of him.

However, I can't believe the outrage that some on this thread can muster over something rather insignificant in the scheme of things. Where was your outrage when Bush, Cheney, and the other neo-cons were crapping on this country with their lies and hubris, both of which got us into our current mess?

No WMD's? Inadequate preparation for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Post-Katrina aftermath? Government sanctioned torture? TARP?--"No problem," you essentially say over and over again. You excuse all that. Hell, you even defend most of it.

Oh, but Obama and his imaginary teabag! That just sends you into a tailspin! Give me a break.

Last edited by helenejen; 04-29-2009 at 05:48 PM..

Old 04-29-2009, 05:51 PM

helen the rightwingers are picking on petty stuff since most of us who are sane know how we as a nation got here and how the right when they controlled all branches of Government just rubber stamped everything Dubya did regardless of outcome. I am not a Democrat but at least the far left voices their opinions in that party when Obama strays away from their ideals. The G-NO-P just throws any opposition under the bus ergo Specter, Chaffee, etc.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:56 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
helen the rightwingers are picking on petty stuff since most of us who are sane know how we as a nation got here and how the right when they controlled all branches of Government just rubber stamped everything Dubya did regardless of outcome. I am not a Democrat but at least the far left voices their opinions in that party when Obama strays away from their ideals. The G-NO-P just throws any opposition under the bus ergo Specter, Chaffee, etc.
How exactly do you explain a "rubberstamp" for everything Dubya did when Democrats have controlled Congress since 2006?

Liberals love to conveniently forget they share culpability in the current mess while beating their chests like baboons. Double-talking jive rules the liberal vernacular.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:07 PM

^ really? and when Congress came under the control of the Dems ( and I wouldn't call a 51-49 split in the Senate a majority) Dubya discovered his VETO Pen! He never used it until the Dems won Congress so I guess the party of NO started with Dumbya and his VETO Pen.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:13 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times
Default Obama targets tea bags at town hall

Obama targets tea bags at town hall - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

At his 100th-day town hall meeting in St. Louis Wednesday, President Barack Obama took direct aim at the anti-tax “tea party” demonstrations that have cropped up over the last month and took a veiled shot at the Fox News Channel, the cable news network closely associated with the protests.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Good for him.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:19 PM

yes and it was hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies