Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:43 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
McCain's status is murky. In April of 2008, the senate passed a non-binding resolution declaring him a natural born citizen so he could run for president.

Natural born citizen of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From my understanding McCain was born in Panama while his father served at a US base in the US run Canal Zone. That base didn't have good maternity facilities at the base hospital because women didn't serve in the navy at that time. The standard procedure was to use a hospital in the Panamanian city of Colon. John McCain was born in Panama to two US citizens and technically was a dual national a US and a Panamanian citizen. I for the first 21 years of my life I had the right to become a British citizen. I was born in Rolla Missouri but my mother was British and hadn't become a naturalized American citizen. Under British law if I had spent 2 years in Britain or a Commonwealth country ( my case Nigeria for 3 years) before my 21st birthday. I could have reported to Her Majesties representatives in any country and petitioned for British citizenship. Once approved I would have went to a US embassy and surrendered my US passport and renouced US citizenship. This would have made the transition from American to being one of Her Majesties subjects complete.
So am I a natural born US citizen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 08:06 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
People who are not natural born citizens can fight and bleed for this country as well.
Very true.

In terms of McCain's status though, his citizenship is not murky in the least.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:15 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Very true.

In terms of McCain's status though, his citizenship is not murky in the least.
And neither is Obama's. The State of Hawaii has confirmed he was born there.

Obama Hawaiian-born: Citizen for sure: The Swamp

Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 AM

749 posts, read 947,038 times
Default Here's one for you worshipers

Get on your knees and bow to your messiah......................hahaha

Old 05-01-2009, 08:48 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Well, that has nothing to do with the thread.

When you can't make a logical argument, resort to NOBama, Messiah, etc etc etc, got it.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
From my understanding McCain was born in Panama while his father served at a US base in the US run Canal Zone. That base didn't have good maternity facilities at the base hospital because women didn't serve in the navy at that time. The standard procedure was to use a hospital in the Panamanian city of Colon. John McCain was born in Panama to two US citizens and technically was a dual national a US and a Panamanian citizen. I for the first 21 years of my life I had the right to become a British citizen. I was born in Rolla Missouri but my mother was British and hadn't become a naturalized American citizen. Under British law if I had spent 2 years in Britain or a Commonwealth country ( my case Nigeria for 3 years) before my 21st birthday. I could have reported to Her Majesties representatives in any country and petitioned for British citizenship. Once approved I would have went to a US embassy and surrendered my US passport and renouced US citizenship. This would have made the transition from American to being one of Her Majesties subjects complete.
So am I a natural born US citizen?
Heck, don't ask me! You were born in the US, and your parents were not diplomats or the like. It sounds like your dad was a US citizen, though it's not clear. I've participated in a lot of these birth cert. threads and from everything I have read you are a NBC, just like Obama is. I'm not the one who made the rules! The Wiki article and others I have read says the Senate had to pass a resolution declaring McCain a NBC so he could run for pres. Obama was born in the US. Virtually everyone born in the US, except children born to parents of diplomats, is a natural-born US citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies