Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:59 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Not racist at all, trying to be politcally correct! You should know by now you can't say the word Bl**k!
Boy it must be hard living in a world where it's imagined that there's a racist around every corner or does sarcasm elude you?

Don't forget that brilliant guy in Texas that was deeply offended when someone mentioned that a particular program was a "black hole" of spending! It was racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwhahahahaa. Idiots come in all colors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
A guide? Did you miss his "speech" the other day where he had to STOP and wait for the prompter to catch up? I've judged many a speech and debate competition and seen better results from 16 yr olds with NO prompter. Maybe a visit to a local school that hosts them is in order?
Clearly, you just are not going to give Pres Obama a break. I guess if he had to wait for the teleprompter to catch up, there's something wrong with the teleprompter. It's not rocket science. I refuse to make this discussion about teleprompter 101 - that has no - zero significance right now.

Here's a comparison: a tornado blows through and destroys all houses in town. Here's a guy that insists on bit--in about a guy that has some weeds in his yard - insignificant?

For all the mouthpieces on this thread (and others) - if you really think anybody could do a better job keeping current with all the major events unraveling all at the same time - I'd say - yeh, right.

I usually don't engage in these discussions - I see stubborn, unreasonable

Old 04-30-2009, 08:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
By the right wings reasoning, if McCain had been elected we would have cut government non-military spending and allowed the economic readjustment to go unchecked and allowed the stock, investment, labor and consoumer markets to adjust prices to the new reality. I wonder what that reality would have been.

Could one of you please describe where we would now be 100 days after McCain had been elected.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:07 AM

749 posts, read 947,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYULIB View Post
LOL, I take it you didn't see the press conference?

I can't believe (a few) right-wing crazies on this site think Obama is anything less than eloquent and brilliant.

Poor you. Take another look at his high approvals and go cry yourself to sleep.
The polls are rigged. You realy think that ...uh..um..uh oh.. uh is eloquent/ Please go back to sucking your thumb.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:13 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
By the right wings reasoning, if McCain had been elected we would have cut government non-military spending and allowed the economic readjustment to go unchecked and allowed the stock, investment, labor and consoumer markets to adjust prices to the new reality. I wonder what that reality would have been.

Could one of you please describe where we would now be 100 days after McCain had been elected.

Worse on the balance sheet, better on the cashflow statement.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Clearly, you just are not going to give Pres Obama a break. I guess if he had to wait for the teleprompter to catch up, there's something wrong with the teleprompter. It's not rocket science. I refuse to make this discussion about teleprompter 101 - that has no - zero significance right now.

Here's a comparison: a tornado blows through and destroys all houses in town. Here's a guy that insists on bit--in about a guy that has some weeds in his yard - insignificant?

For all the mouthpieces on this thread (and others) - if you really think anybody could do a better job keeping current with all the major events unraveling all at the same time - I'd say - yeh, right.

I usually don't engage in these discussions - I see stubborn, unreasonable
And I see blind allegiance to a left agenda and a refusal to moderate as promised in the campaign.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Too many handlers.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:32 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
I think his main problem is two-fold:
1. the extreme right wing minority's unwillingness to acknowledge any good in the man and instead champing at the bit to tear him down without actually listening or giving his approach time to work

2. lingering racism

Oh and I also think some people resent the positive reaction he gets from most other countries - they don't want to think that our standing in the world had fallen and that it matters.

ok, that was 3

Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
1. the extreme right wing minority's unwillingness to acknowledge any good in the man and instead champing at the bit to tear him down without actually listening or giving his approach time to work

2. lingering racism

Oh and I also think some people resent the positive reaction he gets from most other countries - they don't want to think that our standing in the world had fallen and that it matters.

ok, that was 3
How about a congress that's out of touch and out of control?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post

2. lingering racism

ok, that was 3

1. he is a good family man.
2. that's a stupid response when all else fails.
3. take another look, I think weak comes to mind. There are those who do like him because they know he is going to distribute your wealth to them too. It's like having those friends in 8th grade because you share all your toys. Lets see what happens when Barry does't share as much as they would like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies