Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
He has too much common sense. Everything he says makes sense - in a logical, no nonsense kind of way. I understand that people that are incapable of relating to common sense and would just rather form an uneducated opinion and then hang on to it like a rabid dog will vehemently disagree.

Save it - we've all heard all the ranting. I've never been the least bit political - it has always bored me - probably because the people involved were boring and full of know-it-all hot air. I'm very impressed with this guy - the first in a very long time (Kennedy).

Have nice day
The GOP's "Audacity of Nope" is Obama's main problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 01:49 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's called being a puppet. Even worse the AF1 plane flyover in NY tells everyone very loud and clear just how clueless this administration is in terms of what 9/11 actually meant and means.
I've been wondering when someone was going to bring this up---now hang on to that bone forever. I'm confident someone got reprimanded for that - maybe fired.. Pres Obama accepts responsibility for whatever poor decision someone else makes - like he says "the buck stops here".

I trust you're a loyal Bush fan. I won't bore everyone with a rehash of his crimes - most of us are feeling it every day and will for a long time.

The Rep will most likely be a thing of the past very soon - good ridance. We need to get rid of all these labels anyway (right, left, Dem, Rep, conservative, liberal). The fact that Bush was elected to two terms proves how dangeous labels are - people would vote for Hitler if he had the right label.

I am excusing myself from this thread - it's spring and I have a ton of work to do.

Have a nice day...

Old 04-30-2009, 05:10 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:

I trust you're a loyal Bush fan. I won't bore everyone with a rehash of his crimes - most of us are feeling it every day and will for a long time.
I thought you were all about not having labels, there goes that high ground. Bore me trust me I understand what's going on more than you do apparently, if you did understand you would be calling Obama Bush III, IV, and V.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:14 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
He's wearing too much makeup

Old 04-30-2009, 05:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
He has too much common sense. Everything he says makes sense - in a logical, no nonsense kind of way. I understand that people that are incapable of relating to common sense and would just rather form an uneducated opinion and then hang on to it like a rabid dog will vehemently disagree.
Oh, so automatically, anyone who disagrees with you is someone who is "incapable of relating to common sense". So, what would be the point of presenting an opposing view? You have already rejected it.

Quote:
Save it - we've all heard all the ranting. I've never been the least bit political - it has always bored me - probably because the people involved were boring and full of know-it-all hot air. I'm very impressed with this guy - the first in a very long time (Kennedy).

Have nice day
What impresses you about him? He can't even speak without a teleprompter, and he screws that up.

What have the "first 100 days" shown us? Nothing. Things are getting worse day by day. The stock market has not recovered (look at where it is compared to a year ago. Why should we get excited about a couple of increases here and there. It is still well below a year earlier).

The guy is an absolute joke. He is dumber than dirt, and he can't even get through a sentence without several "uhhhh's", and "annnnnd..." He can't speak. Period. He is sadly lacking in verbal skills, and he has no common sense. Look at what he's doing. Nothing makes any sense.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:40 PM

I wasn't interested in hearing any opposing views. If I wanted to read all that garbage there are many other threads to read. I was hoping to hear positive views. I have no interest in hearing from all the right-fighters and people that float around looking to pick a fight. My original post said to "save it..." translation - not interested.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:03 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The GOP's "Audacity of Nope" is Obama's main problem.
It's what's going to save the GOP. This makes the democrats responsible for what's going on. It's not going to be the fault of congress, it will be the fault of democrats and only democrats. You have this false sense of everything the democrats do is correct, this in the long run will backfire. Because for the democrats, it always has.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:05 PM

654 posts, read 466,373 times
Quote:
He has too much common sense. Everything he says makes sense - in a logical, no nonsense kind of way.
Obama--torture is bad, but not punishable
Obama--Charles Lynch should get 5 years for following state laws regarding medical marijuana

Explain the logic in a no nonsense kind of way

Old 04-30-2009, 06:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
I wasn't interested in hearing any opposing views. If I wanted to read all that garbage there are many other threads to read. I was hoping to hear positive views. I have no interest in hearing from all the right-fighters and people that float around looking to pick a fight. My original post said to "save it..." translation - not interested.
the point where political affirmation prevails is a nasty one that fills the history books. Democracy is on the defense from folks like yourself, no care at all for dissenting views, you'd have a hard time explaining or proving you gave any sort of critical thinking.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:34 PM

Bigjon - I have no need to prove anything. I feel how I feel. I think how I think. I detest these back and forth, chest beating threads. I listen, think and then make up my own mind. I don't think I'm going to change anybody's mind - I don't try - nobody's going to change mine either. Based on that, what is the purpose of all these threads that go on and on. Agree to disagree.

I honestly believe that a lot of this Obama bashing is just a reacton by Reps 1). that they lost (a.k.a poor sports) and 2). they feel foolish for voting for Bush not once, but twice. Personally, I wouldn't admit that to anyone.

Is anyone really going to step up and say Bush did a good job? Time to start supporting our President -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies