Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 01:32 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times

Advertisements

Highly doubtful. The new flu strain responds well to the newer antivirals (Tamiflu and Relenza). If someone were to go to the trouble of concocting a new virus to unleash on an unsuspecting populace, why would they create one that can be treated with a widely available medication? It does not make any sense.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:44 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
you need to educate yourself on this topic. It, like the strain of 1918 does not kill the old and weak, it kills the most healthy people! This is due to the stronger immune system over reacting. That is what killed people, not the flu itself.

This aint your ordinary flu either. It will mutate. Read the 1918 pandemic. It lasted 3 years and came in three waves, each more deadly then the last. It circled the glode THREE TIMES! and that was before airplanes

Most flu viruses kill less then 1% who catch it. This virus is killing almost 10% already. Do the math!

This is not 1918, nor do we live like people did in 1918, not to mention the medical advances that have happened since then. Yea, it will kill people, just like any flu will if you are already sick and dying. My grandma died that way. But it is not a freak out pandemic that will lay waste to the world. Don't believe everything you see on TV... they want you to freak out, so you see more commercials while waiting for the next update. Be more worried about Monsanto taking over your food supply or your government murdering children on the other side of the world and robbing everyone blind (even the ones who haven't been born yet). These guys would LOVE to see everyone fret about a pig virus because it means no one is watching what they are doing.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:47 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You are understanding wrong. The swine part of the mixture is H1N1.
Sorry, i see you don't know what you are talking about, H1N1 was the 1918 virus. Please...

Quote:
I don't need to read anything more carefully. I know what it says.
English is my second language I understand it better then you?
What does it mean that it CAN mix, VS it HAS mixed?

Quote:
I posted the CDC quote/link because you claimed earlier in this thread that it wasn't possible. I proved it's possible with the CDC link.
Lets see the post:
CDC - Influenza (Flu) | Key Facts about Swine Influenza (Swine Flu)

Like all influenza viruses, swine flu viruses change constantly. Pigs CAN be infected by avian influenza and human influenza viruses as well as swine influenza viruses. When influenza viruses from different species infect pigs, the viruses CAN reassort (i.e. swap genes) and new viruses that are a mix of swine, human and/or avian influenza viruses CAN emerge.

How many CAN they have to say?

Quote:
As for where you stated it's not possible, you stated earlier that swine flu and bird flu are not the same thing when someone asked how they mixed together.
Swine flue and bird flue are NOT THE SAME. They are subtypes (H1N1 vs H1N2), clearly you have no clue of what you are talking about.
Again can you provide a quote when I said never. or you putting words in my mouth?

Quote:
It's like you never knew anything about how the viruses of different species mixed.
Virus do mixed, but that doesnt mean that his virus IS a mixed virus. CDC nor WHO have said it is. So where are you getting this information that it is mixed?

Quote:
You even admitted that you have never heard of it happening, and that you think it would be extremely strange.
It would be strange, that doesn't mean is impossible.

Quote:
Meanwhile, it's not strange at all. The CDC website explains that's how new strains occur.
CAN occur,
CAN = Used to indicate possibility or probability

Quote:
You've already proven many times throughout this thread that you possess limited knowledge on the subject.
Really, can you show in what particular subject.
Every single data I have giving here I can back it up with REAL data, so please I will challenge you.

Quote:
I'm not going to argue wtih you about this. It's common knowledge at this point. I know I'm right.
Common knowledge that you don't have in the subject, I guess it wont be wise to argue with me. Sorry.

Quote:
Readers can form their own conclusions based on our posts.
Yes please, people, can determine you dont know the difference between CAN and HAS...
LOL

Now I will give you this, it could be a new version of the virus, like it usually is, because of the high level of mutation, that doesn't mean is a mixture.
that is why every year we have a new vaccine for the new influenza virus.

Last edited by cjma79; 04-27-2009 at 02:00 PM..

Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
From CNN ;the reason for the question about Obama's health is that reported the guy that was a guide on Obamas trip ;died two days after he guided Obama. It is reported to be not from the the flu but many have to wander considering that the mexican governamnt knoew appartently about the illnesses and before the visit. The administration says they were not informed about it by the mexiacn government before or during the visit.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 PM

749 posts, read 946,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
The flu is predicted to intensify to be more deadly. More cases breaking out by the hour and soon, this virus is likely to mutate. It's here and not going back in the bag. If you do not believe me, read the 3 year history of the 1918 pandemic. It came in three waves and mutated twice, each time far more deadly. This flu strain can be potentially even more deadly then the 1918 version as it encompasses three strains, pig, bird and human. If you read the history of pandemics and the flu and how the flu virus survives and thrives, you will see, this virus has serious potential to kill tens of millions. All the elements are in place.

With that being said, at what point will you refuse to go out into the public? Refuse to go to work, or school? And what type of work do you do?
1st you need to have a good supply of whiskey, you favorite girl and uh.......................that should do it.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
No worries.

I'll just use my mask (aka "bong" ) whenever I breathe.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:18 PM

Don't you think it is a little early to start the pandemic thing, the current numbers are a fraction of the annual number of deaths from flu.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:21 PM

Default Too early to tell about the swine flu

Don't you think it is a little early to start the pandemic thing, the current numbers are a fraction of the annual number of deaths from flu. Is this media hype? We live in an age of instant communication. So things like this get blown out of proportion way too soon.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:24 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Don't you think it is a little early to start the pandemic thing, the current numbers are a fraction of the annual number of deaths from flu. Is this media hype? We live in an age of instant communication. So things like this get blown out of proportion way too soon.

I believe so. There have been relatively few deaths from this disease. To talk about an epidemic, much less a pandemic is way to premature. Tens of thousands of people die from REGULAR flu every year and we have no deaths in the US from this yet everyone is calling it a pandemic? Please!

Old 04-27-2009, 02:30 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
with regular flu over 10,000 deaths happen each year and folks are freaking out with 40 people
get a grip folks.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies