Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times

Advertisements

I know the question seems funny,
as much as rightwingers go around saying "We love the USA"
a lot of them hate at least 50% of the people in the USA including our President, Vice-President and most of our congress. (i.e. Bill O'Reilly asking Alqaida to attack San Francisco)

Why don't rightwingers grab their crap and move to Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
We were here first.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:30 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
a lot of them hate at least 50% of the people in the USA including our President, Vice-President and most of our congress. (i.e. Bill O'Reilly asking Alqaida to attack San Francisco)

I wouldn't wish that on our close friends to our North. Antarctica does sound good though...

Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
We were here first.
????

Old 04-29-2009, 10:43 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
????
Agreed

Old 04-29-2009, 10:45 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:

I believe it is rather disingenuous to categorize an entire political party as simply "right wingers". While I do understand the type of personality you are addressing, the manner in which you are portraying this is pretty much the exact same type of behavior that the left has railed against for the past number of years.

I am seeing that the left (generally speaking) is no more tolerant or open minded than the right wingers you are pointing out. Sure, if you support gay marriage, gun controls and anything simply anti-right, its ok and welcomed with open arms. However as a recent contestant for Miss America found out, to disagree with the left's view will bring harsh criticism, not tolerance, not open mindedness, just the same old closed minded response that we have become used to out of the Bush years.

Maybe this has more to do with ascendancy to a position of power and majority and the recession into a minority in which makes people so bitter and partisan that they can't even see that they are the exact people they complained about a year ago. Only now the roles are reversed.

While people are certainly free to think and believe what they may, when we start to simply categorize each other in such broad sweeping generalizations, it does not help, it only over simplifies and obfuscates things that people should think about, not just react to. I also know the response to this is likely to be... well they started it or they did it and that is just sad to use that as an excuse. If people wish to believe their views on politics are better, then they should start by making better arguments, giving better ideas, and taking a higher road than the other guy.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:46 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:

The same thing could have been said of the left during Bush's terms. I heard that Canada's immigration website received tons of hits right after GWB was relected.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:

They're angry and unsettled because they've been able to manipulate public opinion for quite some time; having to vacate the "catbird seat," they fear that loss of control, and are upset knowing that much of what they revere has been repudiated by voters. They no longer have a deep intellectual base to draw from, so they lack viable alternatives to President
Obama's objectives. It would appear that the America that they hate is the one with people in it who don't look, act, think, talk or practice spirituality in the same ways that they do.

PublicEye.org - Groups Promoting Oppression or Right-Wing Agendas

Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
The right is much more destructive to this country than the left because the right is exclusive. It is not into unification or consolidation. It wants separation. It sees other Americans as the enemies. The left sees concepts as the enemies, not people. It sees the divisiveness of the right and wants it excised because of the cancer it can cause. The right steadfastly refuses to see that its actions and beliefs are ultimately SELF-destructive. The right blames and blames and its solutions are not solutions, they are one-sided, my-way-or-the-highway impositions that undermine the whole concept of our country.

The right refuses to accept change. It cannot assimilate the idea into their world view. Things must go back to the way they were or there's no other way. How irrational! Instead of disempowering themselves by insisting on rigidity, they would be so much more successful if they learned to compromise. Many on the left do actually agree that certain things are worth preserving: small town America, family farms, plentiful resources, families (of all stripes and persuasions) who love each other, etc. But the key to this continuity is the acceptance that things change. It's the only absolute that's out there.

So either the right stands up and works with the left to forge a united, ever-evolving future OR we will all fight each other and destroy everything we love in the process.

The right has the ball. Are they going to use a glove and toss it back or are they going to come at everyone else with their bats?

Old 04-29-2009, 10:57 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Easy answer, because the US is liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies