Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 06:25 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,985 times

Advertisements

The Historical Jesus(Non-Religious)...

Well it's Holy week in remembrence of the Life of Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus sure did have an Interesting life to say the least...
But he sure got a Bum Deal, in the end...

Who was Jesus, What did he truly want?

If That Historical Jesus was 28yo Today--Apr. 2007--What would he be like??...What would happen to him...

Please; No disrespectful or Malicious Posts Please!

Last edited by DeLaSalle; 04-03-2007 at 06:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 06:39 PM

Well I'll Start;

Seems like his message was:
Peace
Love for each other
Tolerance
Mercy
Charity
A "new" much Higher Mind-set(consciousness)

Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 PM

Also I believe he would probably be labeled a "Trouble-maker" again, and face some sort of State sponsored sanctions again.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,255 times
Does anyone consider that maybe he was murdered and that he did not go "willingly" but they said that in order for us to buy the religion and then feel incredible guilt for it? That often goes through my mind, alot lately infact, I have alot of conflicts with this...anyone else?

Old 04-03-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
Does anyone consider that maybe he was murdered and that he did not go "willingly" but they said that in order for us to buy the religion and then feel incredible guilt for it? That often goes through my mind, alot lately infact, I have alot of conflicts with this...anyone else?
PghPaNative,
Good ?, But Of course the question, Having to do with the "Divinity" of Jesus of Nazareth,. Not the Historical Jesus.
But BTW, I have NO idea if Jesus was/is "Divine". I have no way of knowing unless my creator tell s me... (which has NOT happened Yet)...

Old 04-03-2007, 07:39 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
Nope I have no problem believing He went willingly, died, rose on the third day, He is my savior, my friend, my comforter and because of what He did I will live forever with Him in Heaven. I am not trying to make anyone believe this, just stating what I believe.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:42 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Symetrical View Post
Who was Jesus
God in human flesh.

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58)

Quote:
What did he truly want?
The world to REPENT!

"The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." (Mark 1:15)

Old 04-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Well, Jesus sure made quite a name for himself and carved out his name in history.

Who would have thought a carpenters son from Nazareth would be Talked about 2 thousand years after he lived...

He was definitely poor by todays standards. and as most Sociologists know, record keeping for the poor has NEVER been a priority. For instance: Finding food, shelter, safety is more important.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:49 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,404 times
Josephus of Arimetheus a jewish historian wrote of the preacher Jesus, yet none of his texts predated AD 135.

In the 1920's in what is now Yugoslavia a text was discovered in a Byzantine Monastery predating the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 135 in which Jesus was by Josephus as a political revolutionary with religious overtones (not unknown among the Jews.

It is thought that the church leaders outside Israel, not wanting to suffer the same fate as the Jews and the Jewish Christains, changed what Josephus wrote from Jesus as a political revolutionary with religious overtones, to Jesus the man of peace, thus turning the wrath of the Romans away.

Spelled arimatheus wrong I thinks.. to busy to fix it.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Josephus of Arimetheus a jewish historian wrote of the preacher Jesus, yet none of his texts predated AD 135.

In the 1920's in what is now Yugoslavia a text was discovered in a Byzantine Monastery predating the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 135 in which Jesus was by Josephus as a political revolutionary with religious overtones (not unknown among the Jews.

It is thought that the church leaders outside Israel, not wanting to suffer the same fate as the Jews and the Jewish Christains, changed what Josephus wrote from Jesus as a political revolutionary with religious overtones, to Jesus the man of peace, thus turning the wrath of the Romans away.
Interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies