Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

I won't deny that! But the majority are from the underclass. Embezzling is more of an upper-class thing.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Cost of one abortion vs. cost of 18 years on welfare? Anytime.

Conversely, why don't YOU adopt all these unwanted babies? Personally? You can take care of all of them since their parents don't want them.
I am in the process of exploring the adoption option

Old 09-29-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
I am in the process of exploring the adoption option
ALL. Not just one.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You say promoting one life at the expense of another is degrading. that is exactly what you do when you kill one life so the other is not inconvenienced by it. Promoting her life at the expense of another seems to fit your own definition of degrading.
You're right, it does fit. On the one hand, you have a woman, she's survived the first two decades of her life, give or take, and she's a contributing member of society, representing a tremendous amount of investment by that society. And on the other hand, you have a potential life. A potential Mozart or Einstein. A potential Manson or Bundy. The woman does not want to have this child. A year of her life. She has specific reasons that go to the quality of her life for not wanting this child. And a pro-life supporter will blithely dismiss every one of her reasons as not good enough.

No matter how you look at it, this is a terrible choice. I understand the concern you have for that unborn child and the potential it represents. I wish you could understand the concern I have for the woman and the potential she has. She shouldn't have to submit to your values and your judgments just because she has a womb. If she is your equal, then you should respect her and respect her judgment. Pro-lifers don't respect the judgment of millions of women. That's the bottom line. You don't have to agree with her choices, you don't have to live your life according to her values. But respecting her would require that you don't impose your values on her. Respecting her requires you to recognize that not everyone in the world shares your values, and that people who don't share your values and opinions can be responsible, intelligent, moral people, too.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:27 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Chaneg hapens slowly. yes woman currently have the choice to kill. Glad you are so happy with that choice to kill
I'm totally comfortable with a woman's right to choose. And it isn't going to change in this country.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:29 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
ALL. Not just one.
Because there are many others that want to adopt as well... I don't need to adopt ALL

Why don't people act responsibly about sex in the first place

Nobody has answered that one yet... everyone is just making excuses and defending irresponsibility

Old 09-29-2009, 12:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Quit being so hysterical and read my posts. Your lack of logic is really quite sad

No consessions here, I have always felt that the man is just as much to blame as the woman. Sorry to burst your unrealistic bubble.

I love sex, but I am responsible about it. it seems that responsibility is a foreign concept to you
No, responsibility is not foreign to me. I just don't think that abortion is irresponsible. You love sex, and you're responsible. But if you're sexually active and haven't gotten pregnant, even using birth control, then you've been lucky as well. Birth control is not 100% effective, even when used correctly. Even tubal ligations and vasectomies fail. If you don't know that, then you are the one being unrealistic.

And I'm in no way being hysterical.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Because there are many others that want to adopt as well... I don't need to adopt ALL

Why don't people act responsibly about sex in the first place

Nobody has answered that one yet... everyone is just making excuses and defending irresponsibility
There are more children put up for adoption than there are people wanting to adopt. In fact, most adoptions are of foreign nationals, not America's children.

By the way, in case you haven't guessed, I'm NOT having any kids. Ever.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You're right, it does fit. On the one hand, you have a woman, she's survived the first two decades of her life, give or take, and she's a contributing member of society, representing a tremendous amount of investment by that society. And on the other hand, you have a potential life. A potential Mozart or Einstein. A potential Manson or Bundy. The woman does not want to have this child. A year of her life. She has specific reasons that go to the quality of her life for not wanting this child. And a pro-life supporter will blithely dismiss every one of her reasons as not good enough.

No matter how you look at it, this is a terrible choice. I understand the concern you have for that unborn child and the potential it represents. I wish you could understand the concern I have for the woman and the potential she has. She shouldn't have to submit to your values and your judgments just because she has a womb. If she is your equal, then you should respect her and respect her judgment. Pro-lifers don't respect the judgment of millions of women. That's the bottom line. You don't have to agree with her choices, you don't have to live your life according to her values. But respecting her would require that you don't impose your values on her. Respecting her requires you to recognize that not everyone in the world shares your values, and that people who don't share your values and opinions can be responsible, intelligent, moral people, too.
All nice rhetoric . However you want to promote a womans life at the death of another.
I do not disrespect or degrade woman. I promote then and surrounded by them in my work. many end up pregnant we come together for the common good of the woman when she is pregnant and after the child. we do not fire them, we do not degrade them.
Seems to me the most degrading thing a woman could do is sit in stir ups and listen to her unborn brain being sucked out or killed with saline. I do not see anything more degrading to a woman than that.
why can not a responsible father have a say so if his unborn is to live or die?

Old 09-29-2009, 12:34 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Ive posted this situation before, I'll post it again. Maybe I'll get an answer.

What about a young married couple that DO NOT, under any circumstances, want children at all. What if said couple used all feasible birth control options, but because of their age doctors wouldnt touch either one of them to sterilize them, and the woman ends up pregnant despite precautions.

Would you force this woman to go through an unwanted pregnancy? To essentially become an unwilling host to a parasite until it could be delivered and given away? (Thats what adoption is..no matter how you put it.)
Do pro-lifers expect this couple to simply not have sex, though they are married and both magnogomous (sp?) ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies