Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times

Advertisements

The golden rule only applies if you consider an embryo a "person." In the case of a "late term abortion", it is really only done if there is something developmentally wrong with the fetus. In another thread, a story was told of a major brain development issue found after 20 or so weeks, for example. In that case, if I were to have such a problem, and the low quality of life that would go with it, then, no, I don't think I'd be "glad I was born." The same could be said of a child who would be born into poverty and/or to a single drug addicted parent... Not EVERYONE in all situations are glad they were born.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:27 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Abortion is wrong. Those posters who say "if you don't like one, don't have one" and "her body, her choice"....you INCENSE me. What about the child?

If a woman said "I want to kill my 2 year old," you wouldn't say that's her right. So why a fetus? Many pro-choicers support legaliizing abortions even when the fetus is viable - late second trimester and third trimester. How digusting!

Pro-choicers...THE FETUS IS IN YOUR BODY, BUT IS NOT MERELY A BODY PART! IT IS NOT YOUR CHOICE TO KILL IT!

Abortion should at the minimum be a states' rights issue and Roe v. Wade should be overturned. 60% of people in my state...including well over half of WOMEN alone...are against it. Why do we have to allow the murders on our turf?

I also strongly agree with the posters who suggest that abortion is a means of absolving yourself from any personal responsibility. Everything is about "What I want, NOW!" Welcome to the times when instant gratification means more than anything else.
Abortion is illegal in the 3rd trimester unless to save the life of the mother or for SEVERE fetal defect.

If so many people in TX are against abortion, why is it #16 in abortion rate out of 50?

Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Abortion is illegal in the 3rd trimester unless to save the life of the mother or for SEVERE fetal defect.
I'm well aware of the laws...but on another thread on this forum awhile ago some posters were arguing that the laws should be changed to make abortions legal even then.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 PM

I'm only on page 2 of reading on this thread, and the answer is the same as it always is - IF YOU THINK IT IS WRONG TO HAVE AN ABORTION, DON'T HAVE ONE. Period. end of discussion. You aren't the one who has to live with your decision to abort. You aren't the one who will have to answer for it at the gates of heaven, so please, put your time and energy into worrying about something else!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:30 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm well aware of the laws...but on another thread on this forum awhile ago some posters were arguing that the laws should be changed to make abortions legal even then.
Show me. All I see if people saying it should not be be 100% banned in the third trimester so an MD can perform one if it is medically necessary to save the life of the mother

Old 04-30-2009, 03:35 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Wrong again. A sperm cell is not an organism. It can't divide. It isn't a human being.

Masturbation is wrong according to the church because it misuses a gift from God meant for mutual sharing and turns it into a selfish act. But that's another topic, isn't it? We'll take that up next time when I feel like winning a debate in that arena as well.
So, by that standard naturally occurring nocturnal emissions are wrong?

You ain't won nothin' yet!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't disagree with you. However, it is the liberal agenda that is inarguably pro-abortion. You call it pro-choice, but it's really pro-abortion, lets be honest here.
honest? I'm pro-choice. I AM NOT pro abortion. Never had one. Don't know that I could bring myself to do it. no one is pro abortion. Your statement is ridiculous!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm still trying to get a handle on what your moral compass is telling you. Who gets to have sex? Only people who want babies. Or people who are sterile. That, to me, seems the logical end of your propositions. That if anyone does not want to have children, for whatever reason, they should abstain from sex or should be sterilized. That is the logical extension of your responsibility argument, isn't it?
Not at all. Enjoy sex, it is a God-given gift to humanity for the continuation of humanity. But also keep in mind that there are responsibilities that may come with the decision to have that sex. Like I said before, the idea of "choice" is not so much an issue as is the persistance of those that utilize that "choice" as a means of abdigating personal responsibility. Simply put, if you do the deed, be ready to step up to the plate and take responsibility for your actions. Abortion should never be the reason to justify irresponsibility, and many of the posts here today seem to indicate that "think before you act" is not a realistic expectation. I happen to think differently.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:37 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,530,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

If so many people in TX are against abortion, why is it #16 in abortion rate out of 50?
Uh, could it be its large population? And could it be the large number who oppose it are different than the large number having them?

Old 04-30-2009, 03:37 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'm only on page 2 of reading on this thread, and the answer is the same as it always is - IF YOU THINK IT IS WRONG TO HAVE AN ABORTION, DON'T HAVE ONE. Period. end of discussion. You aren't the one who has to live with your decision to abort. You aren't the one who will have to answer for it at the gates of heaven, so please, put your time and energy into worrying about something else!
We view the child as a person.

Let me ask you this...if I fought for my right to kill my born child, wouldn't you fight against me having that right? Therefore, abortion is not something I will EVER just sit back and accept being allowed to occur.

You can say it's different and I'll admit, to an extent, it is. But don't you dare tell us we can't fight to end what we view as murder. Until (which I doubt you ever will) you see it the way you do, you can never understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies