Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 07:30 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Religions also oppose lslavery, armed robbery and assault and battery. Are you saying America is a theocracy because our laws also oppose those offenses?
Religions also condone killing your own living child, stoning people to death, smiting the entire world with disease and death if you don't obey...

Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
WHY are you people so slow? I've debunked developmental markers as measure of life 100 times now. Reread my ironclad definition.
Thanks.
You haven't debunked anything..

Your "ironclad" definition is just that , it's "your" definition.....LOL

You don't define the terms of the debate....Bud.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
OK, let's throw undeniable facts out the window for a moment and agree with your premise that 'the ability to feel pain' is the big milestone that determines when life is conferred. So if we anesthetize a ten year old, we are free to kill it because, well, he can't feel pain.

All you leftists have to do is embrace the one undeniable fact that human life is conferred at conception. Then you won't be swinging at shadows trying to come up with all these crazy inconsistent 'determiners' of life. The obtuseness so many of your a displaying is demonstrating you have no desire for the truth; you just want to cover your ears so you can go on killing little inconvenient people.

Another absurd exaggeration.

We don't kill viable humans who have the ability to have feelings or thoughts. That 10 year old, not to mention his family, would be gravely hurt if if his life were taken. He's a human, he has free willl at this point. No government has the right to take his life.

Now if the 10 year old were brain dead with no chance of recovery removing life support would be perfectly rational.

On the other hand, a 1st stage fetus, has no attachment to it's own life. It has no thoughts or feelings. It's "family" does not want it brought into the World for their own reasons.

Apples and Oranges.

Last edited by padcrasher; 05-01-2009 at 07:48 AM..

Old 05-01-2009, 07:44 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,530,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You haven't debunked anything..

Your "ironclad" definition is just that , it's "your" definition.....LOL

You don't define the terms of the debate....Bud.
OK. All you have to do is show how my definition is flawed. Put up or shut up.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
As long as a police report is filed and there is no reason to doubt it, that's enough for me.

If it is determined that she filed a false report, she should be prosecuted in the same manner as anyone else who falsely reports a crime.
More than 50% of all rapes go unreported.

You have no idea how ashamed a woman feels when she is raped. How humiliating it is to tell a police officer or a social worker or a nurse how someone used you. When you have to tell them if you fought or were too scared to fight. When you obsess over everything you did that might have provoked this attack, how you might have avoided it. Rape for a woman is deeply internalized, it's an invasion of more than just your body.

For many women, denying it happened, ignoring it, putting it behind you, is the strategy they prefer. If you tell no one, then the shame stays between you and the rapist. If you tell no one, only you know about the guilt. If no one knows, then they won't treat you differently. If you keep it secret, you can get on with your life without being viewed as a victim.

More than 50% of all rapes go unreported. If the woman doesn't tell the police, she's not going to tell the nurses at the clinic. So the statistics on how many abortions are the result of rape are unreliable.

If you require women to file police reports, then you are, indeed, making them a second-class citizen. You are singling out women and adding a special burden to their citizenship. You are creating a situation where women can make reproductive decisions regarding their own bodies, but only if they can prove they are victims. And you are requiring that specific health services depend on women making her choices a matter of public record, removing her privacy, a situation wholly dependent on her gender.

When Jim Crow laws were enacted that permitted officials to qualify people before allowing them to avail themselves of certain privileges and rights as citizens, they effectively made the people those laws discriminated against second-class citizens. When you force women to publicly defend their choices, to prove that they are morally upstanding in order to access certain healthcare services, you are effectively making women second-class citizens.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
LOL. My definition is 100% reason and logic. It is you people trying to throw in all these subjective arbitrary determiners. Here's the menagerie we have so far:

"It has to be breathing"
"It has to be able to think"
"It can't be still living in the womb"
"It has to be able to feel pain"
"It has to have a heartbeat"

All you people playing God, just so you can justify in your own minds your desire to have the inconvenient little person hacked to death. Even by your own definitions, you people aren't sure when life begins. This alone makes you killers. Playing Russian roulette with human life...by your OWN admission.

Yes sounds like we have lots of definitons that are more flexible than yours.

This is a Democracy. You don't get to pout and cry till you get your way. Go win an election if you want to impose your morality on us.

Or you could move to Afghanistan and join the Taliban. They seek to impose their religious extremism on the majority of the Country.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:48 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Quote:
LOL. My definition is 100% reason and logic. It is you people trying to throw in all these subjective arbitrary determiners. Here's the menagerie we have so far:

"It has to be breathing"
"It has to be able to think"
"It can't be still living in the womb"
"It has to be able to feel pain"
"It has to have a heartbeat"

All you people playing God, just so you can justify in your own minds your desire to have the inconvenient little person hacked to death. Even by your own definitions, you people aren't sure when life begins. This alone makes you killers. Playing Russian roulette with human life...by your OWN admission.

So again, my question remains unanswered, and is met only with accusations. Perfect example of the way religious belief, taken to the extreme is a dangerous thing (Dangerous to ALL life, including, but not excusive to Human Life)! By taking "god" and "human" out of the interwoven fabric of "all that is" and making them THE MOST IMORTANT THINGS, one fragments (at least intellectually) the very fabric of what life is. . . and calls into question the purpose of the human mind/ brain / intellect, by denying that understanding and open minded investigation, into all areas, is a natural part of specie development. How much easier it must be to rely on "God" (a "god" than cannot be seen, heard, or otherwise detected by any means except imagination)! How much easier to put all ethical questions into black and white categories and live with the certainty that "those who agree with me" will be "saved" and those who do not will be "damned". . . .

I do, actually feel quite sorry for you Eeeee, you refuse to use your (godgiven) gift of understanding (or at least partial understanding) of the big picture, in favor of a narrow, and extrememly uncompassionate view of right wrong, that, if examined in the light of our current planetary situation, will eventually lead to the extermination of all "life as we know it". . . . ah well, I have no firm opinion about reincarnation, but as I believe no one is "damned", I must hope that Eeeee, can find her way through (lifetimes) without being hurt too much by the situations that she advocates. . . massive human overpopulation of our planet, death by starvation of millions, young and old alike, and the experience of being a mother with no abilty to properly care for and feed her children. . . . now that sounds like "hell" to me. . . . . .

Last edited by cap1717; 05-01-2009 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-01-2009, 07:50 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,530,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Another absurd exaggeration.

We don't kill viable humans who have the ability to have feelings or thoughts. That 10 year old, not to mention his family, would be gravely hurt if if his life were taken. He's a human, he has free willl at this point. No government has the right to take his life.

Now if the 10 year old were brain dead with no chance of recovery removing life support would be perfectly rational.

On the other hand a 1s stage fetus, has no attachment to it's own life. It has no thoughts or feelings. It's "family" does not want it brought into the World for their own reasons.

Apples and Oranges.
A family "knowing" their child is irrelevant to it's being a living person. That's why I think people about to have abortions should be forced to view the ultrasound. Pro-abortion backers don't want this. They don't want their Dr. Mengele procedure humanized.

But again, attainment of thoughts and feelings are stages of development. I should make a plaque and post it on here:

"Does your rebuttal fall under Stage of Development? If so, the definition of life I provided as already covered it. It's been debunked. Irrelevant."

Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
OK. All you have to do is show how my definition is flawed. Put up or shut up.
A fertilized egg in a petri dish will not become a human if left in a petri dish. Much like a sperm in your words, it will become an "old egg".

A fertilized egg requires the assistance of one woman to become a human.

Once that fertilized egg/fetus does not require the assistance of that one woman to become a human, then I define it as a human.

Just because you repeat something over and over does not make YOU right.
I know you think you've somehow defined life irrefutably, you should really discuss that with people versed in scientific theory

Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
A family "knowing" their child is irrelevant to it's being a living person. That's why I think people about to have abortions should be forced to view the ultrasound. Pro-abortion backers don't want this. They don't want their Dr. Mengele procedure humanized.

But again, attainment of thoughts and feelings are stages of development. I should make a plaque and post it on here:

"Does your rebuttal fall under Stage of Development? If so, the definition of life I provided as already covered it. It's been debunked. Irrelevant."
I'm not sure why you keep pretending that your "definiton of life" is something that we must accept.????

Do you have an ego problem?....LOL

I reject your definiton. Your definition sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies