Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 09:43 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
HIS toddler? Casey Anthony is a woman. If she'd aborted, society would never have known.
Yeah, but does it make it any less wrong because people don't know?

Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Exactly! I am flat fed up with the view that men have no right to a choice of our own in this matter. As I said before, they know what causes pregnancy now , and have for quite some time. There is NO excuse for not using precautions, and, if these fail,abortion should not always be the first option on the table. Sometimes, when ya play , ya pay. Thats the risk one takes every time that you choose to have 'casual sex'.
Most teens learn about sex from their parents and school when they begin to physically mature. So they can't claim they did not know due to ignorance.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
WHAT???????? I believe you are delusional, and there is no reasoning with you.
And you successfully challenged WHICH part of my definition in post #10?

Old 05-01-2009, 09:47 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Sorry. I didn't answer your crazy metaphysical questions like "What were you before you were born?" I don't have time for ethereal BS. I am interested in facts and logic.

Oh, OK. We've been hearing about the 'coming population crisis' for at least 40 years. Hasn't happened. Ain't gonna happen.

Your humility in the face of the "unknowable" is really rather astonishing.

Might you even consider allowing others to choose (religious and spiritual beliefs), as you have chosen? No need to answer that. . . unfortunatly. . . .

Old 05-01-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
so, that's what "life" is to you? genetic coding? It means a bit more to me.
We're dealing with concrete scientific definitions here. Ah, but you need that wiggle room don't you? So you can rid yourself of that inconvenient little one.

So I assume you aren't challenging the science behind my definition? After all, you asked for the scientific proof.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
That is YOUR idea of life. Maybe mine is more along the lines of being viable outside the womb. You can't argue the fact that, early in pregnancy, really for more than half of a pregnancy, the fetus can not survive on it's own. That is a fact.
A one-month old baby can't survive on its own either. By your subjective rationale, we should be allowed to snuff it out.

This is the beauty of my scientific definition. It culls out all the subjectivity. But that's not what baby-killers want. I keep forgetting.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:54 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
We're dealing with concrete scientific definitions here. Ah, but you need that wiggle room don't you? So you can rid yourself of that inconvenient little one.

So I assume you aren't challenging the science behind my definition? After all, you asked for the scientific proof.
There is no scientific definition of what is human. They don't even try and attempt at making the defiintion. It's not the job of science to do that.

What they do is make factual info available regarding human embryos at different stages of development.

The SCOTUS, lawmakers, you, me, we all get to decide where to draw the line.

I draw it at having thoughts and feelings, abiltiy to feel pain. ...The SCOTUS talks about viablity....You define if from the very beginning and call the rest of us murders.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I have a friend who had an abortion in Junior college. She went on to graduate from a 4 year college, started a career, and got together with a new boyfriend. She is now married to him and has 2 kids with him. They are the "perfect" traditional family that your righties all love so much. If she'd had a baby with her first BF, she probably wouldn't have finished college, or found "Mr Right". She would have been stuck in her home town with her not so perfect JC BF. Or they'd have broken up and the child would now be from a broken home. Maybe she wouldn' t have had one or both of the kids she has now. Things turned out for the better because of the choice she made.
OK. This one falls under Pro-abortion Handbook response #131:

"We, as liberals, automatically the worst most negative outcome would have happened, even though there is no evidence in the general population that the majority of people grow up to be criminals, abusers, or serial killers"

Maybe this attitude explains why few liberals make any money, own businesses, or believe in self-determination. Da Man is always out to *********. One way to prevent this, liberals, is to become Da Man.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:00 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Originally Posted by rkb0305
That is YOUR idea of life. Maybe mine is more along the lines of being viable outside the womb. You can't argue the fact that, early in pregnancy, really for more than half of a pregnancy, the fetus can not survive on it's own. That is a fact.

See that’s what is so disturbing about abortion. Women are supposed to be nurturing and protective of their children, born or unborn and they in fact murder their own when getting an abortion. Pretty frightening to think about.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Don't make fun of my spiritual or religious beliefs. They are mine to have , just as you have yours. I don't believe life begins and ends at conception and death. I believe that life already existed before the sperm meets the egg at conception. I believe ONLY in PHYSICAL death.. but that we don't truly die.

You don't believe in abortion.. don't have one. I never said I believed in abortion. I wouldn't have one.

The decision of the pregnant mother of the baby NOT YET BORN does NOT affect YOU or society.. however

Don't compare a decision made about wether to HAVE a child and confuse it with a decision to already TAKE a life that was DECIDED to be born and that was already born into society. That is an example of someone outside the circle coming in and taking away the FREE WILL of the individual who's life someone snuffed out. IN that case.. society MUST punish the murderer or society would run rampid with murder and society would not be "civilized".

My belief comes from my spiritual beliefs. .. take it or leave it. I was merely expressing another view point is all. ..
You never did answer the question. Does Casey Anthony's murder of her toddler affect the whole of society or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies