Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times

Advertisements

So, Post #10 is your definition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
It's a case of simple logic.

A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same as an adult human being except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period. A human embryo WILL develop into an adult human being barring premature death. Period. Ironclad.

This statement is so simple and so irrefutable. It eliminates all the arbitrary BS the left tries to apply to somehow imply an embryo or fetus is "not yet human". It is of the human species at the moment of conception. It has all the chromosomes an adult has. Developmental stage is the only difference.
First, I can tell that you are not a scientist.
Your whole definition can be summarized as
"An embryo and an adult are the same thing"

Now, let's go back to science (since I have a bachelor's degree in science)
Here's my question:
Describe exactly why a sperm that can swim on its own a distance 1000s of times its own size it's not alive
but once it goes in the egg and stops moving its alive.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,531,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Laws are one thing. Definitions are another. Do you really think that your little exercise in semantics is the equivalent of developing a law of nature?

The King of Pointland strikes again.
OK, well....debunk it then. LOL.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:00 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
(unless you believe in some sky fairy who makes rules for you).
I should have also mentioned this. My views on abortion have nothing to do with religion.

59% of people in my state are pro-life...close to half are in the nation as a whole. The pro-life argument is valid for one central reason - and that is our feeling that ending a life is wrong.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
So 700 posts have been spent here today by people who were engaged in stupid and meaningless activites? Face it, chum. If they could have disputed, they would have gleefully done so. 12:51 AM Saturday and as yet no one has laid a glove on my definition. So yeah, I'm kind of enjoying that.
Keep on living in your imaginary world. You are pretty cute actually.

And your definition is trash as many here

Sorry sucks for you that women are considered equal here. Women always will have the right to abortion. Sorry chum! :-D

Here chum, try this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
So, Post #10 is your definition?

First, I can tell that you are not a scientist.
Your whole definition can be summarized as
"An embryo and an adult are the same thing"

Now, let's go back to science (since I have a bachelor's degree in science)
Here's my question:
Describe exactly why a sperm that can swim on its own a distance 1000s of times its own size it's not alive
but once it goes in the egg and stops moving its alive.
Go debunk that with your so called logic.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Sorry sucks for you that women are considered equal here. Women always will have the right to abortion. Sorry chum! :-D
2 things...

1) women are not considered equal here because men (who are supposedly equal parents to women once their children are born) have no say

2) women may not always have the right to abortion. If Roe v. Wade is overturned (if a case gets before the SC before any of the current conservative justices retrie or die...it very well could be) and states are free to ban abortions, they will be illegal in some states.

I will personally do everything I can to help end this "right" in most cases. As I said earlier, the mother's life (but NOT her convenience) comes before the fetus' life. In addition, a woman should not be a forced slave to the fetus and, thus, in the case of rape where she had no say over the fetus' creation, abortion should also be permitted.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Keep on living in your imaginary world. You are pretty cute actually.

And your definition is trash as many here

Here chum, try this one.

Go debunk that with your so called logic.
Simple. A sperm cell is alive, but it isn't an organism. It can't divide.

Gee, that was easy. <hair toss>

Old 05-01-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
2 things...

1) women are not considered equal here because men (who are supposedly equal parents to women once their children are born) have no say

2) women may not always have the right to abortion. If Roe v. Wade is overturned (if a case gets before the SC before any of the current conservative justices retrie or die...it very well could be) and states are free to ban abortions, they will be illegal in some states.
1) Personally, I REALLY dont care what men have to say. It is a WOMANS body. No offense.

2) It may happen but I dont think so. I think that just because you live in a state where people are pro life should not deny you an abortion if you need one. That is wrong. Especially if your life is in danger. Then what?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
1) Personally, I REALLY dont care what men have to say. It is a WOMANS body. No offense.

2) It may happen but I dont think so. I think that just because you live in a state where people are pro life should not deny you an abortion if you need one. That is wrong. Especially if your life is in danger. Then what?
No, it's not. It's a baby's body.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Yes...but don't you agree that the FETUS is partially the father's? Don't you agree that the child is also the father's (just as much as the mother's) once he/she is born?

Quote:
I firmly support the right to abortion in the case of the woman's life being in danger, as I said earlier (also in the case of rape). I'd even extend this to when the woman is at significant risk of serious illness or injury.

I looked at a poll earlier today. I'm not going to search for it again...but I believe it said 42% in my state supported abortion being banned with exceptions for rape and medical necessity. Only 17% supported it banned in all cases.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
No, it's not. It's a baby's body.
Where is the fetus located?

Do you not even know that?

Here let me tell you. The WOMANS body. She has every right to do with it as she pleases. Especially if her life is in danger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies