Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 01:46 PM

985 posts, read 2,600,097 times

Advertisements

New Order- Abortion is not a crime, hence it's not murder. This isn't my opinion, it's fact: murder - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Oh my Eeeeeee, you started two of these threads? What was the point of that? Oh well, I'm sure this one will be as fun as the other.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:48 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Murder is murder and killing a fetus is a murder of a human. You may not think it is but when your time comes to meet your maker you better be ready to explain why you murder the unborn.

Do you support the death penalty?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:48 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,144 times
afoigrokorkok writes:A fetus does at some point in its development have a nervous system and comprehension.

Quite Correct. . . humble apologies for not clarifying that I was speaking of an embryo in the early stages of development. Also, please note that A & I are in complete agreement when it comes to making evey possible effort to reduce abortions by the use of birth control, education, supervision, and where young people are concerned, honest and trusting relationships with their parents. I most strongly disagree that Pro-choice means pro-abortion!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:55 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I find it very interesting that very few "pro-lifers" are also anti death penalty. Supporting the death penalty seems to totally negate their argument about life being sacred.
Yes, I do find it ironic. Many also tend to support wars over oil and "spreading democracy" to countries where people don't want it.

I am pro-life (though do support the right to an abortion in some cases), but I am also adamantly against both capital punishment and wars unless the war is absoutely necessary to protect American life.

Another interesting thing is that "pro-choice" and "pro-life" are NOT so black and white... You have pro-lifers who support the right to an abortion in the case of rape like I do, most support it in the case of medical necessity like I do, and some extremists who feel it should be banned altogether. You also have many pro-choicers who would support limiting it to first trimester only, who support counseling of other options, and who generally support it being discouraged, but not banned. Then there are other pro-choicers who support it being made available in the third trimester, even though it is currently not in most cases.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yes, I do find it ironic. Many also tend to support wars over oil and "spreading democracy" to countries where people don't want it.

I am pro-life (though do support the right to an abortion in some cases), but I am also adamantly against both capital punishment and wars unless the war is absoutely necessary to protect American life.

Another interesting thing is that "pro-choice" and "pro-life" are NOT so black and white... You have pro-lifers who support the right to an abortion in the case of rape like I do, .
I'll ask you specifically....why do you OK abortion in cases of rape?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I'll ask you specifically....why do you OK abortion in cases of rape?
Abortion is very, very wrong as far as I'm concerned, but I could never support banning abortion in the case of rape because a fetus IS biologically a parasite. If a woman had no say in its creation, I cannot accept forcing her to endure the physical stresses and risks of pregnancy and childbirth. Not to mention the fact that the depression associated with carrying a rape baby could easily push her to suicide.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:17 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Quote:
Abortion is very, very wrong as far as I'm concerned, but I could never support banning abortion in the case of rape because a fetus IS biologically a parasite. If a woman had no say in its creation, I cannot accept forcing her to endure the physical stresses and risks of pregnancy and childbirth. Not to mention the fact that the depression associated with carrying a rape baby could easily push her to suicide.
But it's OK for some woman to be forced to "endure the physical stresses and risks of pregnancy and childbirth." for other reasons?
And to ignore the fact that one might possibly develop depression over being made to have a child she doesn't want/can't care for/ that will irrevocably change her whole future?
Not to mention that the 'child' is innocent so shouldn't it be entitled to life the same as any other fetus you demand the right to life for?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
But it's OK for some woman to be forced to "endure the physical stresses and risks of pregnancy and childbirth." for other reasons?
And to ignore the fact that one might possibly develop depression over being made to have a child she doesn't want/can't care for/ that will irrevocably change her whole future?
Not to mention that the 'child' is innocent so shouldn't it be entitled to life the same as any other fetus you demand the right to life for?
There's adoption and contraceptives.

BTW, when you use the term "fetus" it's somewhat confusing. Are you talking about embryos, embryos and fetuses, or only actual fetuses?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,188 times
Quote:
There's adoption and contraceptives.

BTW, when you use the term "fetus" it's somewhat confusing. Are you talking about embryos, embryos and fetuses, or only actual fetuses?
They go adopt a baby, or start using contraceptives...

But why don't you stop trying to force your morals on others...

Old 05-05-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
They go adopt a baby, or start using contraceptives...

But why don't you stop trying to force your morals on others...
Read my description of pro-lifers vs. pro-choicers. Our stances are both legitimiate and at least I understand where the other side is coming from. My morals are not based on the Bible (which you did wrongly assume) and if I feel abortion should be banned, I have the right to feel that way and to support those who wish to change the laws.

And my personal life is none of your business.

BTW, in the other thread you stated clearly that you supported "restrictions" on abortion. So why don't you take the same advice if you really think all this is about "forcing morals on others"?

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-05-2009 at 02:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.