Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,530,841 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the pic, Dudevan.

My goodness. That doesn't look like "just a clump of cells" does it? The abortion people DO NOT like these images shown.

You get a reputation boost. Good job!

Old 05-05-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Seems it may be time for a lock on this thread.

It was started by a delusioned poster for no purpose other than to stir up heated emotions.

The last three posts include a poster who feels she can read the mind of every man and is under the mistaken impression that large numbers of women are not pro-life as well, followed by a poster who posted two graphic photos intended to do nothing but provoke and stir everyone up even more.

There are pro-life women, there are pro-life men, there are pro-choice women, there are pro-choice men. We all have a reason (likely a multitude of reasons) for our stances and those stances are unlikely to change.
Why are you objecting to photographs of what abortion really is? These pro-abortion folks should be happy it's there. That's the result they are fighting so hard to protect, isn't it?

Let the truth come out. Truth is what we're all after.....isn't it? (I think we all know the answer to that question, don't we?)

Old 05-05-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It will be locked, and I predict about 2 weeks from now once this thread has been lost to the bowels of the P&OC board, another will be started and we will all start arguing again!
Someone is showing images of what abortion is. Quick! Lock the door. We can't let THAT get out.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I do hope that everyone who is requesting that this thread be closed is clicking on the "warning sign" in the top right hand section of the post, to alert a moderator. . . yes. . . I have done this.
Tell us all why you object to images getting out showing EXACTLY what abortions are?

If you feel uncomfortable with it, maybe it's your conscience telling you something.

Pro-abortion people shoud be SHOUTING about their wonderful product from the rooftops. Let's SHOW all the images in their glory for all to see!

Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Someone is showing images of what abortion is. Quick! Lock the door. We can't let THAT get out.

What the hell does that post have to do with pictures?? More than 90% of abortions in the US are done during the first trimester. Have you ever seen an ultrasound of a first trimester (less than 12 weeks old) fetus??

Doesn't look like a baby to me. Most anti-choice groups show late term abortions which constitute 1% of TOTAL abortions done, which is a blatant lie and scare tactic.

You can go on and on about how I'm a murderer and how I'm a bad person but you are NOT going to change my mind about being pro-choice. You have your opinions, I have mine, get over it.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Abortion is very, very wrong as far as I'm concerned, but I could never support banning abortion in the case of rape because a fetus IS biologically a parasite. If a woman had no say in its creation, I cannot accept forcing her to endure the physical stresses and risks of pregnancy and childbirth. Not to mention the fact that the depression associated with carrying a rape baby could easily push her to suicide.
This post proves you aren't pro-life. This tiny human that's the result of rape did nothing to deserve a status less than that of any other human being.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Can this thread please be locked? PLEASE...

This will turn into nothing more than continued bashing of pro-choicers by pro-lifers and pro-lifers by pro-choicers. It happens every time and simply cannot be avoided since abortion is such an emotional issue.

There have already been several violations of the TOS. PLEASE put a lock on it!
All you have to do is refuse to participate in the bashing. If you don't like the thread, DON'T POST.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Even more interesting is that many would defend and protect the life of a serial killer in the name of being anti-death penalty, but see no problem in ending the life of an unborn child that hasn't done anything to anyone...
Exactly!

Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
how is that a "lie?"
You lied when you said I judged the person who had an abortion. I didn't.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Yes. All embryoes are of a species. A human embryo is of the human species. There. That was easy. Next?
The problem here is that your belief that an embryo is a human being is a personal opinion, not fact. A human embryo is nothing more than a clump of cells. A human embryo has no conciousness so it is unable to feel pain or suffering, which is an integral part of the human species.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies