Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:54 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
So you'd rather support the people who bombed Pearl Harbor? Why do you hate America?
Please tell me this is not your response. "The people that bombed Pearl harbor". The people that bombed Pearl Harbor I am sure are not building Hondas in Ohio. The Wack Jobs are out today folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 11:56 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Please tell me this is not your response. "The people that bombed Pearl harbor". The people that bombed Pearl Harbor I am sure are not building Hondas in Ohio. The Wack Jobs are out today folks!
I'm sitting here eating lunch (Chinese food, so I guess I am all for communism too), and I almost spit out my sweet and sour chicken because I was laughing so hard.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
become this presidents Monica Lewinski? It seems he's had them under the desk "supporting" him since before the election and now he's attempting to pay them off for the "job" they did for him by giving them 2 car companies.
Now it seems he and Turbo Timmie got caught with their respective pants down and this whole deal will be hauled into court airing everyones dirty dresses....
It'll be interesting to see how the rational public views all of the money lost and constant pandering...
Do you seriously believe the whole thing is some kind of concocted conspiracy gone awry?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJerseyCity View Post
You're joking, right?
Joking, no. Exaggerating, yes.

Let me ask you this. Do you support the right of Americans to seek as much income as they can?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Joking, no. Exaggerating, yes.

Let me ask you this. Do you support the right of Americans to seek as much income as they can?
Let me guess. This baiting question all leads to UAW workers trying to take as much money as they can. Correct?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Wow- you are misguided. The American Auto industry sucks. Plain and simple. Their cars are not comparable to many imports.
You are an Obama worshipping drone who has no thoughts of their own. Keep voting for the same politicians over and over. I see it has done well to enlighten you.
Behind on the times? The whole American auto industry? Your perception, in my opinion, is lagging by an estimated 5-7 years. Time to catch up with current reality.

I'll be waiting....

Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Let me guess. This baiting question all leads to UAW workers trying to take as much money as they can. Correct?
Of course.

How many CEOs can you name who work without a contract? Nearly everything in business is done under contract. Heck, I can't even get Reno H-D to change my back tire without signing a contract. Why shouldn't workers have the same right?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Of course.

How many CEOs can you name who work without a contract? Nearly everything in business is done under contract. Heck, I can't even get Reno H-D to change my back tire without signing a contract. Why shouldn't workers have the same right?
Simple, you build s**t for decades, throw in a coke bottle or some screws in the doors so they rattle, financially rape and pillage the companies because that's the good ole union way, get all 6 year oldish and throw a tantrum when the insane demands aren't met, and then act like your employer owes you a favor? Please. The unions have outlived their usefulness.

As for your CEO shtick, well look how much damaged they caused? Contract or not, if you suck at your job, you deserve less pay or be terminated - not given a damn raise because you have seniority or go on strike because you finally have to pay a little into your pension.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Simple, you build s**t for decades, throw in a coke bottle or some screws in the doors so they rattle, financially rape and pillage the companies because that's the good ole union way, get all 6 year oldish and throw a tantrum when the insane demands aren't met, and then act like your employer owes you a favor? Please. The unions have outlived their usefulness.
Now I must ask you. You're joking, right?

Quote:
As for your CEO shtick, well look how much damaged they caused?
How much damage have they caused?
Quote:
Contract or not, if you suck at your job, you deserve less pay or be terminated - not given a damn raise because you have seniority or go on strike because you finally have to pay a little into your pension.
Okay. Are you claiming that being a member of a union equates to "sucking at your job?"

I'll ask again. You're joking, right?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:

As for your CEO shtick, well look how much damaged they caused? Contract or not, if you suck at your job, you deserve less pay or be terminated - not given a damn raise because you have seniority or go on strike because you finally have to pay a little into your pension.
Have you ever set foot into a major union shop, or for that matter, ever worked in one?

I'm just wondering about the source of your perception, which, by my opinion, is lagging by an estimated 10-12 years.

Besides, as i can currently remember, the UAW gave concessions, for the last 10 years and even more so this time. Just those "greedy" holders of debt of Chrysler throwing a "tantrum".

Trust me on this, the UAW has not outlived their usefulness. Remeber the peanut farms and the salomenella outbreak? That would of never happened in an union shop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies