Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 04:15 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
Find out for yourself....do a little reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Lord Balfor is like the coolest str8 guy ever. BTW i Loved Seattle - my favourite American city!
I don't know Lord Balfor very well, but I've been learning that there's actually lots of cool straight guys out there. I found it easy to live in a "gay bubble" for most of my adult life, but over the last several months, that's been changing, and I'm glad.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:17 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
The thing that bugs me the most about the lack of rights that gay couples have is the hospital visitations. Though I am not for gay marriage, I find it dispicable and frankly disgusting that someone would ever be prohibited from visiting their partner.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:18 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,500,035 times
Is this thread a joke??

Old 05-01-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The thing that bugs me the most about the lack of rights that gay couples have is the hospital visitations. Though I am not for gay marriage, I find it dispicable and frankly disgusting that someone would ever be prohibited from visiting their partner.
From a few months ago, in Florida:
"As her partner of 17 years slipped into a coma, Janice Langbehn pleaded with doctors and anyone who would listen to let her into the woman's hospital room.

Eight anguishing hours passed before Langbehn would be allowed into Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center. By then, she could only say her final farewell as a priest performed the last rites on 39-year-old Lisa Marie Pond."
Gay woman fights over hospital visitation rights in Miami court - Living - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/277/story/892447.html - broken link)

Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't know Lord Balfor very well, but I've been learning that there's actually lots of cool straight guys out there. I found it easy to live in a "gay bubble" for most of my adult life, but over the last several months, that's been changing, and I'm glad.
Awwww well good for you! We should resist the urge to lump all str8 people together.. They have just as diverse a group of people with varying thoughts, opinions and value systems as we do.

In these forums it is certain Str8 individuals with strong right wing views that are the loudest

Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
In these forums it is certain Str8 individuals with strong right wing views that are the loudest
Oh, I don't know about that! There are some pretty loud "str8" lefties here too. Overall, though, the gays do seem to be relatively calm. I can't think of any gay posters who regularly SHOUT or use multiples exclamation points (!!!) to make their points.

I could be biased, though, so feel free to point out where I'm wrong.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Lord Balfor is like the coolest str8 guy ever. BTW i Loved Seattle - my favourite American city!
Thanks.

I'm looking to get out of Seattle though. It IS very beautiful, but I'm tired of being cold all the time (been here for 35 years). Looking forward to retirement (wayyyyyyyyy too far off) on our little parcel of land in SE Arizona.

Ken

Old 05-01-2009, 04:28 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Thanks.

I'm looking to get out of Seattle though. It IS very beautiful, but I'm tired of being cold all the time (been here for 35 years). Looking forward to retirement (wayyyyyyyyy too far off) on our little parcel of land in SE Arizona.

Ken
Seattle is balmy for me (I'm in Toronto) but can't argue with Arizona either - good luck Ken!!

George

Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Seattle is balmy for me (I'm in Toronto) but can't argue with Arizona either - good luck Ken!!

George
Big city, Toronto is. Reminded me a lot of NYC it was so big.

Took "The Canadian" (train #1 of the Canadian rail system) from there out to Vancouver BC one time. Three days - what an amazing trip!

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies