Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 05:46 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yeah, last resort.

You - first resort?

Farmer Jones - pre-first resort?
My question had nothing to do with the case instant - there fore no response to your last question.

Last resort for me also - although in the incident I was involved with, there was no other choice - so it was both the last and first resort as the intruder was holding a gun to my wifes head with the hammer cocked and his finger on the trigger. I knew in a nano second what I had to do and did it.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:56 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
My question had nothing to do with the case instant - there fore no response to your last question.

Last resort for me also - although in the incident I was involved with, there was no other choice - so it was both the last and first resort as the intruder was holding a gun to my wifes head with the hammer cocked and his finger on the trigger. I knew in a nano second what I had to do and did it.
Excellent!

I'd like to see stories like that be more publicized.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:32 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,390,847 times
Quote:
OK, boys - we heard everything the defense has to offer.

Now let's wait to hear what the witness has to say.

Y'all come back now!
Why? You've made up your mind already. Given the available evidence at the time, you dismiss it outright. Obviously you'll trust anything the theif will say over the authorities so what is there to debate, that you're illogical and unreasonable?

Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Why? You've made up your mind already. Given the available evidence at the time, you dismiss it outright. Obviously you'll trust anything the theif will say over the authorities so what is there to debate, that you're illogical and unreasonable?

You sound worried.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How do you people live with yourselves?

This was a thing. It was insured. It could be replaced.
He'll never use that car again with all the blood and guts in it.
So what was the net win?
You think this murder won't affect him for the rest of his life?

It's a thing.
Not a problem living with myself.
I don't rob people.
I don't seek out the weak to victimize them.
I fight for those who can't fight for themselves.
I don't trespass upon my fellow man.
I respect the rights of my neighbors.
I detest criminals
I rank criminals lower than animals. Humans have the ability to reason animals don't. Criminals reason as well. They reason that if you have what they want then they should be allowed to just take it. If they harm you in the process oh well. Your bad luck...
This is the individual you feel such over whelming compassion for.
Crime is a dangerous business. They made a choice, a bad choice.
Make no mistake if a bad guy enters my home, then there is a good chance that there will be 1 less bad guy in the world. Criminals getting killed doing a crime is not a bad thing. Its the logical conclusion to a string of bad choices.
I would not have shot the people in the vehicle if I felt I had a choice. Nor would I have shot my vehicle. But then I wasn't in his shoes. Its easy to say hey what was he thinking? Who knows how anyone will react until they are in this position.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:58 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
LAW OF THE JUNGLE - I FINALLY GET IT!

You see a good opportunity- you take it.
Opportunity? I think you have the roles reversed here. The criminal sees the opportunity, I react to his trying to seize upon that. Law of the jungle? Perhaps to a degree. You still assume that I, and those like me, are dying for the situation to arise in which we must defend ourselves or what is ours. It's nothing that a sane person goes out of their way for. Which you would understand if you had a clue. Refusing to be a victim is a far cry from looking for a fight. Perhaps, another literary work you should examine, is Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kun Do. Very ...enlightening ...on this subject.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 AM

358 posts, read 472,159 times
Simple answer, leave my house, my family, my cars, my dogs and me alone and you will not have a problem with me. That being said if it is a personal confrontation I will run, hide and if that is not an option and my or unplugged combat shotgun is handy, or my 1911 45, may God have mercy on your and my soul, one of us will be dead and the other will feel guilty.

I have no animosity for the shooter here, only that he got the passenger, she should not have been there, with someone doing that so she put herself it that position, she was as guilty as the driver but still I wish he had hit the driver.

You get caught in doing a crime, you risk losing your life, do the crime do the time, if that time is in heaven or hell, well your life choice.

I am a liberal but my Democrats need to concentrate on crime prevention and enforcement and leave the gun issue alone.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:33 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I just strongly feel that once you have actively decided to violate another human being, you lose your rights as one.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I just strongly feel that once you have actively decided to violate another human being, you lose your rights as one.
Thats what it boils down to. It may not be touchy feely enough to satisfy some folks. But it works for me.................

Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Simple concept to me. I'm surprised so many others find it difficult to understand the concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies