Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:11 PM

893 posts, read 1,579,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Ironically, Biden and McCain worked hand in hand against the advice of the American Medical Association and the DEA to criminalize steroids. I doubt we'll ever see a reversal of it unfortunately. I used them for about a year and a half after educating myself extensively. I was able to rehab a lot of injuries and minimize a lot of my chronic pain issues relatively cheap, easy, and with very little side effects. But after getting married I did not want to put my wife at risk with legal ramifications due to their controlled substance status so I quit using them. Now I deal with muscle relaxers and pain pills, but use them very rarely because they do not help very much and I hate feeling doped up.

Its very sad to see the insane misinformation about steroids in the media and in politics.
And Ephedrine!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 09:12 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I had a good waxer in Plano years ago and had it done frequently. Then she moved out of town and I tried 2 or 3 others than cause WAY more pain and always left about 5% of the hair somehow so I went back to shaving.
Find a French professional to do it. Again: seriously. When I lived in Paris, it seemed like there was a "Salon de Beaute" on every corner--and waxing was an art, because French women never shaved, only waxed. When I returned home, I had a difficult time finding someone who knew how to wax properly. You might have to go to a more upscale place to find a Frenchie--but it will be worth it.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Exactly. And I don't think it gets easier with age--for either women or gay men. I have a close friend who is gay--and is now 40--but has still not found his life partner, and is afraid he never will. The youth fetish in gay culture is hitting him hard--and while he's not bitter, he's sad. And it makes me sad to see him like that.
Hmm. I think a lot of it is attitude, though. You might not be able to relate to this, but now that I'm older (nearly 40), I love that I don't need to compete with younger guys anymore, and I feel like I can appreciate younger guys now more than I did when I was younger. I can also get into objectifying them, and a lot of guys don't mind being objectified at all.

I know there's differences between male/female and male/male relationships, of course. I'm just pointing out that it's not all doom and gloom. I don't feel gloomy about it at all, in fact.

It's sad about your friend, but just know that not all of us who are 40 and single feel the same way. I know gay men much older than me who are very happy being single.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,708 times
I think breast implants now a days are way too OVERRATED. I think if you going to get it done it's fine it's your body but when you start getting out of control with them like 54DDDD then it's RIDICULOUS to even look at. Imagine carrying all that extra weight on your back and shoulders. WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

I would think about getting them but afraid of the side effects and risks of having them in my body. So not for me but if you feel you need them and aren't afraid of any risks afterwards then BY ALL MEANS GO FOR IT

Old 05-01-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Find a French professional to do it. Again: seriously. When I lived in Paris, it seemed like there was a "Salon de Beaute" on every corner--and waxing was an art, because French women never shaved, only waxed. When I returned home, I had a difficult time finding someone who knew how to wax properly. You might have to go to a more upscale place to find a Frenchie--but it will be worth it.
Yeah, and if you're in good shape, post pics for us.

Just kidding, of course.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Just kidding, of course.
Round is a shape lol ...still want to see?

(not suggesting that MovingForward is of the rounder physique, of course)

Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Round is a shape lol ...still want to see?

(not suggesting that MovingForward is of the rounder physique, of course)
lol.. Oh, well, actually my comment was for TXboomerang. She was giving him advice on waxing his body hair.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Hmm. I think a lot of it is attitude, though. You might not be able to relate to this, but now that I'm older (nearly 40), I love that I don't need to compete with younger guys anymore, and I feel like I can appreciate younger guys now more than I did when I was younger. I can also get into objectifying them, and a lot of guys don't mind being objectified at all.

I know there's differences between male/female and male/male relationships, of course. I'm just pointing out that it's not all doom and gloom. I don't feel gloomy about it at all, in fact.

It's sad about your friend, but just know that not all of us who are 40 and single feel the same way. I know gay men much older than me who are very happy being single.
I know lots of folks--straight and gay--are fine with being single. But he's the "marrying kind." He's done the single thing--online and off--and had tons of fun. He's attractive and has no problem finding guys. But he really wants love. I do agree with you about the attitude part, though. He's needy, extremely high-maintenance and a total control freak--something of a narcissist, if the truth be told--a "the world revolves around me" type. But he has a good heart. I do really fear that he will never find anybody, because--honestly--I don't think anyone could stand living with him long-term.

ANYway, glad to hear you're happy be single. Single is SO not tragic.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:

Just kidding, of course.
You wish.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
I could care less about the size of a woman's breasts. Its her heart that matters. No pair of breasts ever brought true happiness. Women should leave the plastic behind and find a man who loves them for who they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies