Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 08:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times

Advertisements

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said yesterday that the Pentagon may have to build a new facility to house detainees from the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, to hedge against political opposition around the country to the incarceration of the inmates in existing federal or military facilities in the United States.

"I fully expect to have 535 pieces of legislation before this is over saying, 'Not in my district, not in my state,' " Gates said, referring to the number of senators and representatives in Congress. He said the Pentagon wants to have $50 million at hand in case it has to build a prison on short notice."

washingtonpost.com

Liberals have once again proven they have crap for brains. You cry your eyes out over those poor Gitmo detainees, demand that they be released, and now YOUR tax money may be used to build ANOTHER prison to hold those that can't be released. Great job. Gitmo was a fully-functional prison, but the bleeding-heart cowards of the Democratic Party don't have enough sense to figure out where to put these terrorists before breaking out the Mighty Pen of Justice (eg. Executive Order) to close it down, and now a NEW prison may be built. Liberal Stupidity has reached a new low.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 05-02-2009 at 08:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
(crickets)

That's exactly what I thought.

I hope the prison is built in one of the bastions of bleeding-heart communities that infest this country.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:47 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
I'd be more inclined to have a sensible discussion if you'd tone it down a bit. What's the matter, Aero? You're usually calm and rational in discussion.

Anyway...

I see no need to build any more prisons. From what I understand, there are some sitting empty.

What I don't understand is the NIMBY attitude. We have no problem finding places to keep the likes of Charles Manson, Timothy McVeigh, John Wayne Gasey and the rest. The GITMO detainees should be tried and if found guilty, locked up with the other homicidal maniacs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies