Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Do you think it's also possible that some 'faithful' users get acclimated to it after so long (depending on the quality, of course).

In the few times I tried it, I was out like a light almost immediately. Which was one of the reasons I did NOT like the stuff. Alcohol does that to me, too. A single drink and I'm tired.

Sorry for straying off-topic.

And, actually, I just remembered something. Did you know that pot can come in pill form??? I just now remembered several years back when this guy was prescribed it as a pill. Wish I knew more about it now. I don't think it's made available often.
THC can be obtained from a pill. However, it has proven not nearly as effective as vaporizing, or inhaling smoke. Some other natural compounds occuring in the plant that help, not just THC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Synthetic Solution

Another link about synthetic Marijuana, and the fact that its not as good as the real thing.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:19 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,095 times
Legalized. Period. not just for medical use. I don't even smoke it, so no bias there. But it's ridiculous to make a substance like that illegal. It's a plant. Cigarettes are legal. Alcohol is legal. Even absinthe is legal again. Legalize it and tax it.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:11 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No, it is not enough "evidence". That is an anecdote and a poorly controlled "study".

One can publish garbage in garbage journals and it becomes a part of the "medical literature". Unfortunately, lay people are not trained in evaluating medical literature, statistics, and study design to determine what is valid and what is not. Garbage in- garbage out.

Last evening, I had a porterhouse steak for dinner. As a result, the sun came up the next day and everything was fine. I am compelled to eat steak now every evening to prevent the end of the world. Anecdotes are not science.
Um, but those are scientific studies done by doctors. Just ignore the evidence and continue to be an ignoramus. It's pretty ridiculous that you would deny actual studies for absolutely no reason.

Seriously, WHAT REASON DO YOU HAVE TO ARGUE AGAINST THIS?
How does legalized marijuana have anything but positive effects on your life? Would the saved time and money of the police department hurt your life? What about the billions in tax revenue? Maybe it's the elimination of marijuana as a source of income for gangs and terrorists? Seriously, what is it?

Old 08-20-2009, 04:12 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I have no problem with it as long as its taxed and regulated to some extent ,

Whats you guy's opinion's Or thoughts ?
If it is tightly regulated like narcotics, I doubt "these" people would like it... they just want to use without the fear of jail or worse...

Old 09-18-2009, 04:55 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,255 times
Bumped with a Bowl Of Purple Kush

Cheers

Old 12-14-2009, 05:56 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,255 times
Gotta Love it

Medical marijuana a high priority in Pa. | PoconoRecord.com

Old 12-14-2009, 06:27 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Um, but those are scientific studies done by doctors. Just ignore the evidence and continue to be an ignoramus. It's pretty ridiculous that you would deny actual studies for absolutely no reason.

Seriously, WHAT REASON DO YOU HAVE TO ARGUE AGAINST THIS?
How does legalized marijuana have anything but positive effects on your life? Would the saved time and money of the police department hurt your life? What about the billions in tax revenue? Maybe it's the elimination of marijuana as a source of income for gangs and terrorists? Seriously, what is it?

This is the problem with the public interpreting "science".

In order to be valid, and therefore considered a "good" study, the study must be done in a randomized, blinded, prospective fashion and the statistics must be valid. This is the benchmark that we use for EVERY new medicine or procedure. If it does not meet these criteria, it is considered invalid.

So far, there HAS NOT BEEN A SINGLE randomized, blinded, prospective study showing the validity of "medical" marijuana for ANYTHING. These "studies" have been most non-randomized and retropsective, or with no control group, showing that people with certain symptoms "feel better" if they smoke pot. This is not a valid study. If we used such criteria for other drugs and procedures, medicine would be in a state of chaos.

If people want to smoke pot- let them. Just do not involve the medical community in this farce.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Lert the stuff be available in the grocery store next to the cigaretts.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:57 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I have no problem with it as long as its taxed and regulated to some extent ,

Whats you guy's opinion's Or thoughts ?
Should be allowed and made legal.
I also believe it all should be made legal. Save on drug wars . Apply the taxes to the national debt only.
let the stoners get us put of debt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies