Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,391,065 times
Reputation: 139

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Yes, if she is claiming to represent "Christian values" she is in fact a hypocrite.
You presume a 28-year old Christians has the entire faith pegged down.

Now I think it would be completely fair to ask her about her faith and how it is consistent with her role in beauty pageants. She might have a good answer. She might indeed be a hypocrite.

But I think the hypocrite is you. I bet that you would never call a "gay christian" a hypocrite though the Bible is quite clear on the behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Reputation: 7118
Quote:
Yes, if she is claiming to represent "Christian values" she is in fact a hypocrite.
So must obama be then, right? Supports abortion and infanticide - yet is a christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,391,065 times
Reputation: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Like all religious people, you pick and choose which parts you want to follow, then ignore the rest. It's nothing new.
So you're an expert on Christianity? I highly doubt it so I'd recommend Christians not give your posts about the faith much consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
 
69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Reputation: 9383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
She sings about being honest about how she feels about marriage, it should only be between a man and a woman BUT when the subject of her obvious breast implants comes up, she has no comment.

SO I guess its OK to be honest and open about other peoples problems but she can't even admit she had breast implants.

She is a fraud.
your reaching, she very clearly said it was up to an individuals choice to support gay marriage or not, however that was not for her. i'd also assume that she feels its also an individual choice to have breast implants, (or else she wouldnt have them).

Where is the hypocracy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:50 PM
 
Location: FL
1,138 posts, read 3,345,315 times
Reputation: 792
Wrongo! She spoke tactfully and genuinely from the heart. She is entitled to her opinion, this is America not gaymerica, dah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:51 PM
 
69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Reputation: 9383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Yes, if she is claiming to represent "Christian values" she is in fact a hypocrite.
I didnt realise that the christian church had an opinion on breast implants..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:55 PM
 
4,459 posts, read 4,208,279 times
Reputation: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didnt realise that the christian church had an opinion on breast implants..
Why not? They got one on torture...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,391,065 times
Reputation: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Why not? They got one on torture...
Really? Which church provided an opinion on it? It's not that I don't think there is an opinion, but I'm certain that the churches aren't in agreement on the issue. So what's your source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM
 
69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Reputation: 9383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Why not? They got one on torture...
What does one have to do with the other, and if you claim that they have an opinion on breast implants, please tell me what it is, and sight a source for your information..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,160 posts, read 9,170,686 times
Reputation: 2024
For all the people who commented on my post, yes, I would call gay Christians hypocrites as well.


But then again, name one Christian who actually follows everything in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top